Pickup truck driver collides with electrical pole slippery road blamed

snoop1130

2 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

the driver blamed the wet road and not his driving for the accident.

????????????????????????????????????????????????

And the teacher came in and saw the driver in the eyes. You have been naughty! Now write: "I know how to take responsibility for my actions" a 1 000 times.

Edited by Gottfrid
  • Like 1

It clearly demonstrates the mindset - rain fault not me!

I wonder if he will look back at written news reports and think to himself " oh i was a right <deleted> for saying the rain was at fault" but i guess not!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, digger70 said:

Here we go again Blaming the slippery road .

An other incompetent driver.

6 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Aquaplaning doesn't happen unless you're speeding.

I bought a new MU7 10 years ago,the bridstone tyres factory fitted used to aquaplane frequently and refuse to stop in the wet without locking up.

Changed to Perralis problem solved

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yet another modified agricultural utility vehicle involved in an accident? 

Well I never!

What a boring response and, NO, it isn't a modified agricultural utility vehicle. Pickup trucks were designed and built as a light cargo carrying vehicles from the beginning, which is what the pickup in the picture is used for.

Yes they are used in farming, also s parcel and load carriers, I even modified mine into a water carrier during a couple of dry seasons.

My wife also used it for load carrying when the house was being built. It has loaded with bricks, sand, cement, roof tiles. doors windows etc. I use it as a car and a great load carrier for bulk shopping. I suppose its nearest use as an agricultural vehicle nowadays is when I load my grass cutting stuff in it to clear the brush and scrub around my wife's old shop. It really is a multi purpose vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_truck

Once a work or farming tool with few creature comforts, in the 1950s U.S. consumers began purchasing pickups for lifestyle reasons, and by the 1990s, less than 15% of owners reported use in work as the pickup truck's primary purpose.[2] In North America, the pickup is mostly used as a passenger car[3] and accounts for about 18% of total vehicles sold in the United States.[4] Full-sized pickups and SUVs are an important source of revenue for major car manufacturers such as GM, Ford, and Stellantis, accounting for more than two-thirds of their global pretax earnings, though they make up just 16% of North American vehicle production.

On 7/14/2022 at 6:24 PM, snoop1130 said:

A pickup truck collided with an electrical pole in the Chonburi area. The driver and passenger were reportedly safe without serious injuries, but the driver blamed the wet road and not his driving for the accident

Of course.

13 hours ago, billd766 said:

What a boring response and, NO, it isn't a modified agricultural utility vehicle. Pickup trucks were designed and built as a light cargo carrying vehicles from the beginning, which is what the pickup in the picture is used for.

Yes they are used in farming, also s parcel and load carriers, I even modified mine into a water carrier during a couple of dry seasons.

My wife also used it for load carrying when the house was being built. It has loaded with bricks, sand, cement, roof tiles. doors windows etc. I use it as a car and a great load carrier for bulk shopping. I suppose its nearest use as an agricultural vehicle nowadays is when I load my grass cutting stuff in it to clear the brush and scrub around my wife's old shop. It really is a multi purpose vehicle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickup_truck

Once a work or farming tool with few creature comforts, in the 1950s U.S. consumers began purchasing pickups for lifestyle reasons, and by the 1990s, less than 15% of owners reported use in work as the pickup truck's primary purpose.[2] In North America, the pickup is mostly used as a passenger car[3] and accounts for about 18% of total vehicles sold in the United States.[4] Full-sized pickups and SUVs are an important source of revenue for major car manufacturers such as GM, Ford, and Stellantis, accounting for more than two-thirds of their global pretax earnings, though they make up just 16% of North American vehicle production.

Yes , pick up trucks are popular and useful . I would not own one as i prefer to pay for any object i can not fit in my car to be delivered . Why ? Because pick up trucks are not as stable as a car and also because of the size of the truck more pedestrians are killed or injured due to the high front . They have a useless turning circle which is not good in the city and use far more fuel .

I would slap a 80 km per hour speed limit on pick up trucks . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, itsari said:

Yes , pick up trucks are popular and useful . I would not own one as i prefer to pay for any object i can not fit in my car to be delivered . Why ? Because pick up trucks are not as stable as a car and also because of the size of the truck more pedestrians are killed or injured due to the high front . They have a useless turning circle which is not good in the city and use far more fuel .

I would slap a 80 km per hour speed limit on pick up trucks . 

I have a pick up truck and feel it's wide utility and ability to handle floodwater and poorer roads make it a better choice. I don't hit pedestrians so don't feel they are more dangerous in that way, the diesel engine is very economical, more-so than many petrol cars. The turning circle has not proven an issue for me except very rarely  if I make a City U-turn, I have to be strong on the wheel... but more of my driving is out of town.  

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I have a pick up truck and feel it's wide utility and ability to handle floodwater and poorer roads make it a better choice. I don't hit pedestrians so don't feel they are more dangerous in that way, the diesel engine is very economical, more-so than many petrol cars. The turning circle has not proven an issue for me except very rarely  if I make a City U-turn, I have to be strong on the wheel... but more of my driving is out of town.  

I am pleased you are happy with your truck . 

Pedestrians are at more risk from pickup trucks . Fact not fiction .

2 minutes ago, itsari said:

I am pleased you are happy with your truck . 

Pedestrians are at more risk from pickup trucks . Fact not fiction .

I suspect my elevated driving position also helps me .... I haven't hit a pedestrian yet! 

• Like 1