When Dating a Woman, How Important is Her IQ?

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Please, if possible, do not be overly judgmental nor harsh. Curiosity, and clicking as a result of curiosity, is a crucial part of the learning process.

As well, not all posts on the Internet please everybody, nor should they.

If posts could be posted ONLY if they met the high hurdle of pleasing everybody, then where would we be? 

Speaking of clicking, have you read much of B. F. Skinner? 

Many years ago, Skinner devised his Skinner Box. In his Skinner Box, Skinner put pigeons. He proved that pigeons would peck a key for limited reward, and continue pecking unto death. 

Much of his behavioral research has been adapted to motivate us Humans to act similarly after we attach ourselves to the Internet. 

Therefore, if you wish to ask the question concerning why we click on topics which might not agree with us, maybe this is due to curiosity, combined with our compulsion to peck for limited reward. 

Therefore, do not judge to harshly... For these clickers, just like the pigeon-peckers in a Skinner Box, know not what they do. 

(Please note that much of Skinner's work, his assumptions/hypotheses, have fallen out of favor in recent decades. Yet, peckers still survive, and not only in the lab.) 

AFAIK Skinner wrote "Bovaglie's Plaid", a superb evocation of Scotland. The only pecker I am interested in belongs to me.

Edited by Lacessit

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I don't care what a woman's IQ is. Her EQ is of far more interest to me.

My GF has an education far below mine. However, she is very street-smart, and her EQ is in the stratosphere.

Exactly what the situation of my wife and me is. Exept maybe for the street-smart. Instead her capability is to create an aura of happiness around her that seems almost magical. But because she is overly kind she is prone to (some) fraudulent actions and that counteracts the "street-smart" a bit. We know each other for more than 18 years, married over 16 years. We did not quarrel even once. Together we are the perfect team compensating the other partners deficiences.

For you ladies; how important is IQ when you date a man and that he doesn't ask dumb  stupid, irrelevant  questions like the one on this post?

Note to the OP:  intelligence, both emotional and academic,  has only a very tenuous connection with a score on an discredited IQ test. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Please, if possible, do not be overly judgmental nor harsh. Curiosity, and clicking as a result of curiosity, is a crucial part of the learning process.

Jesus Christ...you think that clicking on your posts is a crucial part of the learning process?    Which "learning process"?

10 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Jesus Christ...you think that clicking on your posts is a crucial part of the learning process?    Which "learning process"?

Learning not to click.

But don’t rush into that. Start with learning not to respond.  Then you won’t get fatuous comments like this one.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, StreetCowboy said:
12 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Learning not to click.

But don’t rush into that. Start with learning not to respond.  Then you won’t get fatuous comments like this one.

That has no relevance to my question to the OP.  

8 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

When I considered the importance of a lover with a high IQ, I did not necessarily mean someone like Yoko Ono, although she is talented and intelligent.

But not too bright

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

And, regarding women of high IQs, may I say here that a woman’s higher IQ can even extend into the bedroom, where smart women seem to engage in more creative antics, compared to less intelligent girls.

After a lifetime of extensive research with woman in high power jobs and qualified with all sorts of degrees and women with not much education I have found that intelligence has zero to do with creative antics. Libido is not to be confused with IQ

Some sage advice from Rods dad :

Edited by Denim

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Intelligent people understand things fast - in general.

They  might  undertsand it  like my Dad but if  asked to lay a  brick wall could  never  do it, theoretical and practical for me, with both of those  thats the genius.

• Like 1

What kind of IQ are you looking for? I have a practical and logic IQ of 123, which puts me among about 9% of the population. My gf have so much more to offer than me on so many levels with little education, so I do not think higher iq matters much, unless you count in social, caring, patience, language iq, survival ( you can leave her in the jungle, and she will find or collect water and find food.) 

And she have a strong mental health with no games and no unpredictable actions. 

I have said it before, and will say it again, take a good look at the family before you get involved with anyone, and you will know your gf. 

3 minutes ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

They  might  undertsand it  like my Dad but if  asked to lay a  brick wall could  never  do it, theoretical and practical for me, with both of those  thats the genius.

Laying a brick wall is a turn of phrase that stimulates the imagination. 

And, you are correct that, for the layman, bricklaying can only be fully appreciated by a true artisan, but one having many years of experience. 

If you have the opportunity to visit Chicago, you will be impressed by the beautiful and old brick buildings there. 

If I am not mistaken, Chicago is noteworthy for its yellow bricks made from clay unique to that area. 

Maybe a different city in the USA. has buildings of yellow brick, and not Chicago. You can google it. 

One thing I can say with certainty, The Wizard of Oz is a foolish film with little or no redeeming value. I once attempted to read this yarn to students from Burma. They begged me to cease. 

Burmese students very much enjoy good books. They love to read, and mostly they enjoy books with meaning, books by Defoe, for example.

Who wants to read about a TinMan treading a yellow brick road? And for what? 

Students would prefer to read about Moll Flanders rather than Dorothy's travels. If Dorothy had been waylaid on the Yellowbrick Road, then you got yourself a decent and appealing story. 

Very unfortunately, bricklaying is quickly becoming a lost art, and same with stonelaying. 

I wish it were not so. 

Anyone who appreciates architectural anesthetics is sad to see these skills fall by the wayside. 

I was raised from birth through puberty in two houses made of stone built by Germans from Germantown. 

You are absolutely correct that no amount of IQ, by itself, can create a magnificent wall of stone. 

These skills result from a part of our culture which has now become almost completely lost. 

Fortunately, some valuable cultural anachronisms can still be enjoyed in Thailand, but maybe not for long. 

Appreciate these while you may. 

Equally fortunately, as old as I am, I don't have much more time to worry about falling-down stone walls, being an anachronism in my own right. 

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What kind of IQ are you looking for? I have a practical and logic IQ of 123, which puts me among about 9% of the population.

I'm 140+ which puts me in the top 0.01% of the world population.

I'm looking for under 35 years old, weighing less than 50Kg, female from birth and hopefully small round headlights. Ability to speak any language I understand not required.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Hummin said:

What kind of IQ are you looking for? I have a practical and logic IQ of 123, which puts me among about 9% of the population. My gf have so much more to offer than me on so many levels with little education, so I do not think higher iq matters much, unless you count in social, caring, patience, language iq, survival ( you can leave her in the jungle, and she will find or collect water and find food.) 

And she have a strong mental health with no games and no unpredictable actions. 

I have said it before, and will say it again, take a good look at the family before you get involved with anyone, and you will know your gf. 

Please... 

Don't leave your GF in the jungle. 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm looking for under 35 years old, weighing less than 50Kg, female from birth and hopefully small round headlights. Ability to speak any language I understand not required.

I have to disappoint you, your type of IQ is not that special or rare, especially in this fora or in Thailand. Pattaya is a fly paper for your type of intelligence. 

13 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

No woman is smarter than me.

Try to compete with Edith Stern. She was a child genius and even before she turned one she could do calculations and speak complete sentences. She earned many graduate degrees before turning 18. With a lifetime achievement award in the field of engineering, she has over 128 US patents to her name. Her IQ score is 200+ and in certain IQ tests she has scored even more. Mary de vos Savant is the current record holder in the Guinness Book of World records with 227 measured at age 10. When you do a test the result will be age adjusted, as well for young and old people.

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

When were you last tested? 

Surely you realize that IQ is an ambiguous quotient, at best, that changes over time. 

Have you never watched the informative film, 'Reefer Madness'? 

IQ is not immutable, and I have lost nearly one Standard of Deviation from the rightside of the bell curve since locking myself in my house for over two years. 

When eating Thai gruel for breakfast, I can't help dribbling. And where the dribbles go, nobody knows. 

These days, even the Thai Myna birds seem smarter than me, which no doubt is true. 

At this point, after the pandemic, and if only I were younger, I would pay good money to become a bricklayer, a stone mason, a welder, or somebody who uses warm water to drill holes, thousands of feet deep, in Antarctica, searching for gass bubbles. 

An individual's IQ matters little, these days. It's only our collective IQ which might save us from ourselves. And, even this might not suffice. 

What we need is a REAL Wizard of Oz. Some wizard we trust who will tell us what to do. 

There's no place like home. 

Do you think there is any hope for Dorothy? 

4 minutes ago, moogradod said:

Try to compete with Edith Stern. She was a child genius and even before she turned one she could do calculations and speak complete sentences. She earned many graduate degrees before turning 18. With a lifetime achievement award in the field of engineering, she has over 128 US patents to her name. Her IQ score is 200+ and in certain IQ tests she has scored even more. Mary de vos Savant is the current record holder in the Guinness Book of World records with 227 measured at age 10. When you do a test the result will be age adjusted, as well for young and old people.

1946 test be dodgy

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

When were you last tested? 

Surely you realize that IQ is an ambiguous quotient, at best, that changes over time. 

Have you never watched the informative film, 'Reefer Madness'? 

IQ is not immutable, and I have lost nearly one Standard of Deviation from the rightside of the bell curve since locking myself in my house for over two years. 

When eating Thai gruel for breakfast, I can't help dribbling. And where the dribbles go, nobody knows. 

These days, even the Thai Myna birds seem smarter than me, which no doubt is true. 

At this point, after the pandemic, and if only I were younger, I would pay good money to become a bricklayer, a stone mason, a welder, or somebody who uses warm water to drill holes, thousands of feet deep, in Antarctica, searching for gass bubbles. 

An individual's IQ matters little, these days. It's only our collective IQ which might save us from ourselves. And, even this might not suffice. 

What we need is a REAL Wizard of Oz. Some wizard we trust who will tell us what to do. 

Do you think there is any hope for Dorothy? 

Your understanding of your IQ can save you from your negative dribbles, and purely dribble about constructive dribbles, turning negative dribbles in the problem solving making them positive. 

Lay brick by brick and create new highways of positivity in your brain. Takes time, patience and be willing to do the hard work and get it done. 

High IQ comes with, or can come with complex creativity that need to be cultivated

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Did you fail the IQ test or how do you come to that conclusion? 

Wouldn't it be nice if the Wechsler were a pass-fail test. 

We could set the bar arbitrarily low. 

Who needs fine-grained tests, anyway? 

All children could become little geniuses and influencers posting their thoughts on YouTube, no different than today. 

4 hours ago, moogradod said:

Exactly what the situation of my wife and me is. Exept maybe for the street-smart. Instead her capability is to create an aura of happiness around her that seems almost magical. But because she is overly kind she is prone to (some) fraudulent actions and that counteracts the "street-smart" a bit. We know each other for more than 18 years, married over 16 years. We did not quarrel even once. Together we are the perfect team compensating the other partners deficiences.

What is street smart?

Please do not make the mistake thinking a high IQ means you are also intelligent

and smart.

I have worked with so called high IQ people and they were dumber then a sack

of hammers.

It takes a lot of different things that makes a person smart,smartness is what counts.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

What is street smart?

Lacessit brought the term up. For me it means practical intelligence rather than intellectual reasoning and thinking. In English you have as well the term "shrewdness". I do not know if this catches the deeper meaning of street smart. Example: You may be a good business man but maybe you have no idea nor the capability to understand quantum mechanics.