How desperate are you to stay in Thailand?

bob smith

I wouldn't mind leaving if the world was open up like before.   YEARS ago, sure, I would prostate myself to stay (joking) and wai all the time (not joking), but now I don't care like before.   If I stay, fine.  If not, fine.   

All about your gut feeling.  Seems like you are ready to move on.  Sweet, listen to your gut.  Can't change who you are.   

Laos, Vietnam, both great.   Definitely not "desperate" to stay, but I like the rainy season and the winter.   I do hope come next February I'm in a different country, or planning.  

No sense living in a prison, if that's what it feels like to you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Paperwork for marriage extension is the same now as it was in 2010.

Sorry bro, its not the case. Different offices require different papers. Some offices its easy peasy and others its a living nightmare. As always, no consistency here

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:

ask,stickboy and stickman all left town ,but trink hung on till his death

And did they want to leave?

Stickman had fun in the nightlife when he started with his website. Later he wrote a lot of rubbish and he obviously didn't like it anymore. Ok, no problem, enjoy your life somewhere else.

According to rumors I am pretty sure StickBoy would liked to continue living in Thailand.

The word "desperate" is an indicator that the OP has a problem somewhere. It seems he think others are here because they are desperate. Those people might exist. Personally I don't know anyone like that.

3 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

If not here, OP, where? Trying to find a country with fewer hoops to jump through isn't easy. In fact, many Latin countries suggest you hire an attorney to get the visa paperwork completed.

Cambodia, no hoops at all, $300/year using an agent (55+).

Philippines, no hoops at all, $50 every 2 months using an agent (no age restrictions).

40 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Stickman had fun in the nightlife when he started with his website. Later he wrote a lot of rubbish and he obviously didn't like it anymore. Ok, no problem, enjoy your life somewhere else.

This was the classic 'my girl is different', oh no she wasn't, I'm going home to mom story.

I laughed so hard when it happened, all those warning stories he published .......

Edited by BritManToo

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

Paperwork for marriage extension is the same now as it was in 2010.

And the time I spent on every subsequent application since my first marriage extension has decreased along with my anxiety and interest in the whole process.

I just throw all the documents at the checker, who doesn't seem to be interested in talking to me, the wife runs off to the photocopy counter. We sat and waited for 2 hours, sat infront of a paper shuffler who ripped me off for 100B. At 3:00 pm I walked out with the approval, the wife went to pick up the approved stamp a month later, took 10 mins from the time she walked in the door.

90 day reports online, automatically reminded by my iPhone, the web browser auto completes the form.

I dont see how that's difficult.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And did they want to leave?

According to rumors I am pretty sure StickBoy would liked to continue living in Thailand.

The word "desperate" is an indicator that the OP has a problem somewhere. It seems he think others are here because they are desperate. Those people might exist. Personally I don't know anyone like that.

Is there a stickgirl? Or stickladyboy?

• Haha 1