Australian authorised person who can witness a signiture

I live in North East Thailand, Si Sa Ket, I need to sign some Australian legal documents witnessed by an authorised person. I can go to the Australian embassy in Bangkok but would prefer closer if possible. Thanks in advance for any help.

31 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Cheaper than going to bkk

Aus embassy currently charging 1,900 baht per document and pre-booked appt required.

If you are unsure re who can sign, the embassy is your safest bet.

Yes, a long way to go so if possible, try to make a day (or 2 of it.)

Good Luck.????????

58 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

Aus embassy currently charging 1,900 baht per document and pre-booked appt required.

Good Luck.????????

Go to pay the wages of the people pretending to work

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, DrJoy said:

I know a Thai Barrister who charges 500 baht per stamp.

Super genuine guy.

Unfortunately, it is up to the company desiring the signatures as to whether he is a super genuine guy.

If that company is based overseas, it may be a tall ask for them to accept.????????

• Like 1

To clarify my post, the person has to be a person who can witness a signiture on an Australian legal documents like an Australian qualified doctor, justice of the peace, police officer, defence people, solicitor, school teacher, engineer, consular staff etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BHW said:

To clarify my post, the person has to be a person who can witness a signiture on an Australian legal documents like an Australian qualified doctor, justice of the peace, police officer, defence people, solicitor, school teacher, engineer, consular staff etc.

Information about the requirements of other countries is very helpful......NOT

I've successful had documents signed and stamped (and then accepted in OZ) by our local BIBs - 1st at the Police Station where a large amount of time was spent in explaining that the witness was NOT attesting to the accuracy of the information contained in the documents - only the fact that he/she had witnessed the signing - and thereafter by the husband of a wife's friend.

Good luck! 

• Like 2

There are no real noteary people in Thailand as you would find in your own country, however, some legal firms are noted here, best to check with people requesting the signed documents. Had the same problem. You proberbly will have to travel to Bangkok or Pattaya.

• Confused 2

I had to sign some documents for a company in Australia recently.

It was done electronically using a system called DocuSign.  (.com)

It was legally binding, and may be another way to have your signature accepted without finding someone in Thailand to notarize it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lucky Bones said:

Good Luck.????????

Take a good look at the document and see if it's from a specific/aligned website. The webiste may well provide a clear answer to your question. 

1 minute ago, scubascuba3 said:
5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Where is it advised that "it should be about B500"?

You've got an example further up plus based on the work involved a 10 minute job, based on your analysis how much work you think?

You mean that "super genuine", anonymous Thai "barrister"?!   

I haven't analysed the amount of work involved, neither do I care, but I don't think that the B1,000 that I've been charged, several times, in Bangkok is unreasonable for a lawyers time.

8 hours ago, BHW said:

I'm Australian in Kuchinari.

PM me if you think I can help. ????

Fee Free 

On 8/5/2022 at 8:18 PM, Lucky Bones said:

If that company is based overseas, it may be a tall ask for them to accept

When in doubt, always pop in to your "Highly Respected" Home Embassy.

No one can reject that.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2022 at 4:49 PM, BHW said:

Australian legal documents

Notarial services are only available where the documents are Australian in origin, or intended for use in Australia. Please ensure you provide correct written instructions to our staff. 

We provide notarial services at the Embassy in Bangkok by appointment Monday to Friday, 8:30am - 12:30pm (excluding Embassy public holidays). Fees apply

Notarial Services we can provide

• Certifying copies of original Australian documents or documents intended for use in Australia
  • issuing an Authentication or Apostille certificate (verifying a signature, stamp, or seal on an Australian public document)
  • witnessing of signatures on certain  Australian documents
  • the taking of Australian Statutory declarations being made for use in Australia by an Australian entity.
  • the administering of affidavits, oaths, and affirmations for use in Australian court or legal proceedings
  • issuing a Certificate of no Impediment to marry in Thailand (refer to Getting Married in Thailand for further information)

https://thailand.embassy.gov.au/bkok/Notarial_Services.html

My experience getting a Power of Attorney so sister could sell my fathers house notarized and witnessed. US Embassy for fathers estate/will.

Different US states have requirements and number of witnesses. 

Two trips Udon Thani / Bangkok. US wouldn’t allow 

the embassy officers signature as a witness even though the guidelines per the state allowed. The lawyer wouldn’t accept.

i explained to officer it needs two witnesses. She read the letter from lawyer and asked who wrote this. .i said lawyer and she said he’s incorrect. Luckily officer gave me their email to make it less

painful for scheduling appointment for second trip. 

Neighbor who doesn’t speak English flew with me. I briefed him what he needed to do the officer told me I can’t give the witness any assistance. He signed another $50 and all was ok.