Trump under investigation for potential violations of Espionage Act

Scott

20 hours ago, heybruce said:

"What you do have so far is a one-sided story put out by a media who has clearly shown they are propagandists."

While the Hunter Biden laptop story you and others keep bringing up is, well, a perfect fit for your description.

"The U.S. is not a democracy.  It's a Republic."

Why do some people have so much trouble grasping the concept of a democratic republic?

I sure remember the narrative the conservative media were putting out around January 6th. Both sides are propagandists, and so are their media cohorts. It is simply a broken system. 

38 minutes ago, talahtnut said:

Trump popularity is increasing, the democrats are, as usual,

trying anuthing to discredit Trump any way the can. This last

episode, Mar a Lago, has accented the corruption of the DOJ and the Democrats.

DOJ.jpg.bc7258bea7ea461aeced7828c2b0754c.jpg

No, it's accented the corruption of Trump. 

Obviously crimes were committed, but Trump's base refuses to see the obvious.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Private citizen Trump now claims all his passports were "stolen" from his safe. Of course we can't necessarily believe one word that he posts on "Truth" Social but if this is true, that would say an awful lot. One best case theory for Trump is that the Archives people only wanted the documents back. Documents it has been revealed worth BILLIONS of dollars if sold to enemies. Taking his passports seems to strongly indicate that he will be indicted (the listed crimes carry many many years of prison if convicted) and that he is (reasonably) seen as a FLIGHT RISK. 

Trump accuses FBI of stealing his ‘three’ passports in Mar-a-Lago search | The Independent

I've been anticipating him going on the lam, looks like the FBI has as well. 

My guess is he could do it with an unmarked private jet, a MAGA-sympathetic official to look the other way, and of course a pile of $$$.  As to "where" my first guesses would be Putinland, Belarus or Hungary.  Second tier would be Brazil (as long as Bolsonaro is in office) and then into Paraguay, which is a black hole of corruption (if you doubt that ask any Brazilian :biggrin:).  North Korea to be with his long-distance lover?

But this won't be necessary now that Marco Rubio and Rand Paul are on the case. :cheesy:

Rand Paul Demands Law Donald Trump Could Go to Jail Over Be Repealed Immediately

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, bendejo said:

I've been anticipating him going on the lam, looks like the FBI has as well. 

My guess is he could do it with an unmarked private jet, a MAGA-sympathetic official to look the other way, and of course a pile of $$$.  As to "where" my first guesses would be Putinland, Belarus or Hungary.  Second tier would be Brazil (as long as Bolsonaro is in office) and then into Paraguay, which is a black hole of corruption (if you doubt that ask any Brazilian :biggrin:).  North Korea to be with his long-distance lover?

But this won't be necessary now that Marco Rubio and Rand Paul are on the case. :cheesy:

Rand Paul Demands Law Donald Trump Could Go to Jail Over Be Repealed Immediately

I doubt they would really send him to prison. I think they could do a compromise because he was a president. Lock him up at Mar a Lago. 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Absolutely right. It would seem a large proportion of the people on this thread would do well to bear this in mind.

The whole "they wouldn't have raided him unless he was guilty" narrative is most unbecoming.

No more so that the ‘lock her up’ chants that were the encore of so many Trump and rightwing rallies.

• Like 1