Haval Ultra H6 HEV?

proton

16 minutes ago, Denim said:

What on earth has Vietnam got to do with the CCP and Chinese cars  ?  Very poor attempt at deflection.

This is about Chinese cars and the what the CCP are doing today , to their own citizens and possibly to the Taiwanese , although I doubt they will ever attack Taiwan since they are scared of the consequences.

What on earth did a topic about a Haval vehicle has to do with the CCP?

27 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Yes but they are to Tesla specs and subject to Tesla QC inspection. 

CATL is the world’s largest battery manufacturer. China is also the biggest solar panel manufacturer in the world.

So if China made products are rubbish and no one buys them, who or what is buying them? Are they being exported to Andromeda in China made interstellar electric spaceships?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cardano said:

Why is a showroom reassuring? it's just a sales outlet!

It shows a commitment to the brand that there are many dealership's across the country already and nice to know that there is one nearby for service and should any warranty issues arise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

Do a bit of research instead of letting your ignorance show through for all to see.

Why dont you grow up and stop being so ridiculous in your attitude. You may love EV's my research and it is extensive, indicates only wannabe's really like them.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Why dont you grow up and stop being so ridiculous in your attitude. You may love EV's my research and it is extensive, indicates only wannabe's really like them.

What are you on about? I neither love nor hate EVs or ICEs.  All I want from a car is to get me from A to B in the greatest comfort possible and as cheaply as possible. 
My post was in response to your flawed observation that consumers are not buying Chinese made cars because they are Chinese made. This may be the case for racist ignorant car buyers but in Thailand (as in many parts of the world), Chinese made cars are selling like hotcakes, mainly because they represent extremely good value for money compared to the competition.

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

only wannabe's really like them.”

What a strange statement. EVs produces a lot more torque at low rpms, making it easier and safer to join traffic. Cost per mile is significantly cheaper than ICEs. Maintenance cost is also much lower. Only downside currently is that driving long distances can be challenging but this will be remedied in the not too distant future.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2022 at 4:06 PM, proton said:

Silly excuse, it's not about avoiding parts but avoiding CCP companies. We should be restricting our support of the Chinese economy as much as possible. Buy Japanese, Korean or American with a few Chinese parts is far more ethical than buying from a red Chinese company.

Why? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, stupidfarang said:

I think only about two years max. They are very popular in Australia

The H6 is supposedly the best selling SUV in its segment (C Suv). It has been the best selling model since it’s launch in Aug 2021, outselling both the MG and the Honda CRV.

https://www.wapcar.my/news/chinese-suvs-continue-outselling-the-honda-crv-in-thailand-in-jan-and-feb-2022-43744

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, edwinchester said:

It shows a commitment to the brand that there are many dealership's across the country already and nice to know that there is one nearby for service and should any warranty issues arise.

So you mean a service centre and not a showroom? Yes agree they have an extensive network. But I am just curious where in such a short period of time did they manged to find all the qualified vehicle mechanics to staff all these service centres?

On 8/22/2022 at 1:25 PM, edwinchester said:

10 minutes ago, Cardano said:

So you mean a service centre and not a showroom? Yes agree they have an extensive network. But I am just curious where in such a short period of time did they manged to find all the qualified vehicle mechanics to staff all these service centres?

Remember Chevy left the country and I am sure that with GWM taking over the facilities, the mechanics stayed after being retrained on the new vehicle.

https://www.gwm-global.com/news/587.html

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/video/81432-great-wall-motor-china-takes-over-gm-factory-in-thailand

Edited by ThailandRyan
  • Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 1:01 PM, Gweiloman said:

CATL is the world’s largest battery manufacturer. China is also the biggest solar panel manufacturer in the world.

So if China made products are rubbish and no one buys them, who or what is buying them? Are they being exported to Andromeda in China made interstellar electric spaceships?

Your response is a bit childish and doesn't bear any relevance to my post, I didn't mention anything relating to rubbish products or to who is buying them. I said that batteries produced in China for Tesla are based on Tesla's specifications and QA/QC procedures. Are you saying otherwise?

2 hours ago, Cardano said:

Your response is a bit childish and doesn't bear any relevance to my post, I didn't mention anything relating to rubbish products or to who is buying them. I said that batteries produced in China for Tesla are based on Tesla's specifications and QA/QC procedures. Are you saying otherwise?

You wrote “yes, BUT they are subject to Tesla …”

That sounds to me that except for Tesla’s specifications and QC, the product would be inferior. It is on this point that I begged to differ.

2 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Remember Chevy left the country and I am sure that with GWM taking over the facilities, the mechanics stayed after being retrained on the new vehicle.

https://www.thailand-business-news.com/video/81432-great-wall-motor-china-takes-over-gm-factory-in-thailand

I would imagine that with the vehicles coming out of the Rayong plant, there would be no shortage of engineers to diagnose and solve problems that might arise. Same can’t be said for vehicles that are CBU.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If only that were true. I have found all dealerships - worldwide - upsell everything.

Our CRV - drivers window rolled down, would not roll back up.

Honda dealer wanted to replace motor, track, switch, everything.

Was a bad switch. Training - what training ? A simple multimeter would have found the bad switch.

I have zero faith that ANY dealer in LOS has trained mechanics - trained beyond the basics and how to upsell anyway. Doubt the Chinese brands are any better. Need a transmission ? Differential ? - dealer will farm the work out because they have zero experience. This goes for Toyota, Honda and Izusu - as well as HD here. Tried them all. <deleted>.

And reliability and spare parts situation still a great unknown as have not been on the market long.

MG I know for sure the spare situation is abysmal - guy at our shop waiting now over 3 months.

33 minutes ago, seedy said:

If only that were true. I have found all dealerships - worldwide - upsell everything.

Our CRV - drivers window rolled down, would not roll back up.

Honda dealer wanted to replace motor, track, switch, everything.

Was a bad switch. Training - what training ? A simple multimeter would have found the bad switch.

I have zero faith that ANY dealer in LOS has trained mechanics - trained beyond the basics and how to upsell anyway. Doubt the Chinese brands are any better. Need a transmission ? Differential ? - dealer will farm the work out because they have zero experience. This goes for Toyota, Honda and Izusu - as well as HD here. Tried them all. <deleted>.

And reliability and spare parts situation still a great unknown as have not been on the market long.

MG I know for sure the spare situation is abysmal - guy at our shop waiting now over 3 months.

I've had different experiences, all positive with Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi, the few times something needed replacing.

Mazda dealer had to order a front McPherson strut, as coincidentally, someone else needed one the same week, or it would have been in stock.  Along with excellent service while doing. as we weren't sure if that was the issue, and strut was rather expensive.

Since other owner wasn't picking up in a few days, they took it off their car, and put on ours, to see if that fixed the issue, which it did.  Then replaced it back, and placed an order for 2 more, ours & one to stock.

No issues with the MG, only 33k kms on it, so can't comment.  With 3 dealers within 180 kms, don't think stock would be an issue.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

No issues with the MG, only 33k kms on it, so can't comment.  With 3 dealers within 180 kms, don't think stock would be an issue.

MG Thailand can not source the part from MG China

You think the 3 dealers where you live can get something they can't ?

Maybe try having some belief in what others post, instead of a fanatical acceptance that the brand you own, and the dealers near you, are infallible

21 minutes ago, seedy said:

No issues with the MG, only 33k kms on it, so can't comment

Reading comprehesion 

Just another anti China & now anti MG  thread.  Big surprise considering the posters.

Edited by KhunLA

4 minutes ago, seedy said:

MG Thailand can not source the part from MG China

You think the 3 dealers where you live can get something they can't ?

Maybe try having some belief in what others post, instead of a fanatical acceptance that the brand you own, and the dealers near you, are infallible

Sorry to hear that you have had issues in obtaining parts, while I know many others who have not. Never had one issue with my Porshe Cayan getting repairs and parts when I took it in for service, the same goes for my 12 year old Mitsubishi Triton, in and out of the shop with no having to return.  My MG has gone to the shop for it's regular servicing and as @KuhnLA indicates his MG now has 33k and he has had no problems with the vehicle.  No one has said they did not believe you yet you keep on belly aching and insisting that all have issues.  If MG Thailand has an issue with whatever part, it must be one of a global supply issue, but not a part either the poster you responded to or myself have had......

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

Reading comprehesion 

Just another anti China & now anti MG  thread.  Big surprise considering the posters.

Not anti MG. I am Anti sugar coating the whole purchase of buying a vehicle, singing its praises, while ignoring or demeaning other posters whose experience has not been the same as yours.

What is not a surprise is the continuing praise of what YOU bought and what YOU own.

Others have different needs, have experienced different outcomes to problems encountered. These are met with a Giant Sneer. It did not happen to me - so it does not happen.

8 minutes ago, seedy said:

Not anti MG. I am Anti sugar coating the whole purchase of buying a vehicle, singing its praises, while ignoring or demeaning other posters whose experience has not been the same as yours.

What is not a surprise is the continuing praise of what YOU bought and what YOU own.

Others have different needs, have experienced different outcomes to problems encountered. These are met with a Giant Sneer. It did not happen to me - so it does not happen.

I haven't read any negatives about MGs, from MG owners, or EVs from EV owners.

Go figure.  When I do, I take note.

I ignore most of the Ant-Thai/China/EV/MG posts.  As all seem to come from ignorant people, or non owners ... IMHO

• Thanks 1