Indian man agrees to pay 200k baht to dance teacher over inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street

webfact

7 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I wonder whether the posters who thought that it was the woman's fault for going out so late  at night and sort of deserved to get groped will now change their mind now its been revealed the perpetrator was an Indian ?

Please show me/us even one comment with someone writing she deserved that. I read lots of comments and I don't think anybody wrote she deserved it.

What lots of people wrote is that going out at night in Walking Street as a single lady has a huge risk of being touched - because that is what that street is all about. Smart ladies, who don't want to get touched, don't walk alone in that street in the middle of the night.

And why should it make any difference what nationality or age or whatever the guy was?

• Like 2

Probably that was mentioned already a couple of time on the last pages: I wonder if this will become a new business in Pattaya. Put a sexy girl on the street and a camera focused on her and let's wait who will touch her. After sharing the profit with the police 100k per touch sounds like a wonderful business opportunity. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Nope....  his nationality is irrelevant with regards to a person going out into an area well known for its 'hedonistic and wild vibe’ and being shocked when people behave poorly.

Perhaps it is because the guy was Indian that the lady took so much affront...  

Irrelevant perhaps, it should not have happened anyway.

But... how ‘severe’ was the inappropriate touch?... a slap on the backside or a full on motorboating !!!

200,000 baht is extortionate... But.. if it happened to my Wife...  hmmm.. Who am I kidding?, my Wife would never been seen dead in an area like that...  Why?... because this is the sort of thing that can happen. 

The outstanding question remains: ‘what was the inappropriate touch’  ???? 

not sure but it was an expensive one..could have Bonked himself stupid for a month on soi 7..ha 

also what i don't understand is if he was indian how come only 1 i thought it was the norm for at least 6 of them to share   That would have been a lot of #ss grab for this lady eh  

27 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

What lots of people wrote is that going out at night in Walking Street as a single lady has a huge risk of being touched - because that is what that street is all about.

No, that isn't what the street is all about. Nor is it a "huge risk." And so families, average tourists, tour groups, clubbers, sightseers, and restaurant goers also go there in droves. Clubbers may NEED to walk back to their cars and bikes late, probably what the lady in question was doing--despite all our snide little implications. When they do, they should be free from being grabbed from behind, as well as from other crimes, as you'd expect for yourself. 

It's good the police have helped engage in some helpful "risk reduction" here, as with the gold necklace snatching recently.

Word should quickly get around.???? When it does, less crime occurs. For example, it's amazing how few farang (relative to before) drive home drunk from bars now after the penalties were greatly increased and enforcement stepped up.

Edited by BigStar

12 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

What would be the storyline if one of the ladies of ill repute had grabbed the chap.

As they often do!!

Come on..

3am walking street pattaya.

Maybe a genuine mistake?

But...TIT

$$$

No mistake except in retrospect.

51 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I spent hundreds of hours in bar areas of Pattaya and never once was groped by anyone. The most was the usual mating call of "hansum man".

I don't know where all this groping went on outside the bars, but I suspect it's more urban legend than reality.

I've never had any tout or perv sneak up on me from behind and grab my crotch in all the years I've lived here and often walked on WS and Soi 6 in their heyday.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

You've never walked down walking street or other ‘red light areas’ of Pattaya and been ‘groped’ by Ladyboys and bar-girls ??? - its difficult to avoid - and no, I don’t like it, but it comes with he territory ?

So..  the next foreigner who walks down Walking street and gets their crotch grabbed by a ladyboy, can they report it and get 200,000 baht ???

When I am in Pattaya I never go down walking street even in the daytime, most of my walking about is on Beach Road and never after 10pm. I have never approached a working lady, but am approached many times and always pleasant to them. I always only carry about 2000Bt with me in a zipped pocket.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Yes, it should never happened - - - but it does remind me of how many times I have walked down Sukhumvit in Bkk and had an Indian roper outside a tailor shop actually grab me and physically detain me hoping to sell me a suit. I really hated when they did that and have not had that happen with any other nationality... a couple of times they got very physical way beyond what it should have... 

I remember some years ago walking down Beach Road, the other side, and was approached by an Indian salesman outside his shop, I tried to walk round him but he physically grabbed me by the arm and I retaliated by pushing him up against the wall.

Nobody should ever as much as even touch anyone who is unknown to them, there is never an excuse for it, unless of course they are known to them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

I remember some years ago walking down Beach Road, the other side, and was approached by an Indian salesman outside his shop, I tried to walk round him but he physically grabbed me by the arm and I retaliated by pushing him up against the wall.

Nobody should ever as much as even touch anyone who is unknown to them, there is never an excuse for it, unless of course they are known to them.

yes ....   fancy something like that happening on walking street .....   unbelievable  !  ????

• Haha 1

Indians can be some of the most unpleasant men on the planet when it comes to their behaviour towards women. There is a reason why there is segregation on buses and trains in that country and there are countless videos of Indian men rubbing themselves up on women in crowded places,

however if as i have read what he did was touched her behind then the woman should of made a big enough scene there and then to have got him a good hiding from some local thugs.

Once in the cop shop he has become the prey of the plod who will even be in cahoots with any assigned lawyer he's got to reieve him of a way over the top amount of money.

Of course he may have done more like grabbed her crotch and breasts in which case it would be o whole different ball game

• Like 1

9 hours ago, webfact said:

An Indian man agreed to pay a Thai dance teacher 200,000 baht over an inappropriate touch on Pattaya Walking Street yesterday night, but police said he would still get charged as well.

What not 500 baht and a Wai.. or a basket of chicken delight.

200,000 baht she's laughing all the way to the bank.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

I would say that the setting in which the offense occurred should be taken into consideration when assessing damages.

If a person knowingly takes a walk at 3 am in an internationally famous red-light district where freelance sex workers:

(1) ply their trade openly on the street;

(2) frequently exchange non-consensual physical and sexual contact with potential customers;

(3) often dress in everyday street attire; and

(4) where foreign tourists are known to drink to excess, and

(5) at a time when their inebriation is likely to be at it's peak,

then the standards of behavior in that setting should be considered when assessing damages and penalties. If his behavior might otherwise have been deemed acceptable had the woman been a sex worker, the fact that the victim voluntarily placed herself in that environment should be considered when assessing damages.

The key is whether what he did would have been acceptable behavior had the victim been a sex worker. While a sex worker might have tolerated a pat on the bottom, few would have found an intrusive genital groping to be acceptable, and obviously anything more aggressive or intrusive would be universally unacceptable.

Without knowing the full nature of the assault, it is hard to say whether 200K damages is justified. For the record I'm NOT saying she didn't have a right to be there, or that she shouldn't have filed charges. I'm merely saying that the setting where the assault took place and the victim's willingness to put herself in that setting needs to be taken into consideration when assessing damages.

Even in a red light district, no guy should ever approach a woman even if she is alone, unless he is given an obvious sign from her.

I would think there are many ugly fat bellied guys who would repulse even a prostitute who would not want to go with him even for payment.

8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Is this something that happens regularly ????

I imagine 200,000 baht is a good incentive ... there will be more... 

...  the me too-hundred thousand baht movement... 

I’m sure there will be many jealous bargirls who would have been happy to be inappropriately touched for less than 10% of that amount 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Kenchamp said:

if as i have read what he did was touched her behind then the woman should of made a big enough scene there and then to have got him a good hiding from some local thugs.

Most here would then sneer with outrage at the cowardly unfairness of the hiding, however, since more than one local thug would have administered it. For Thais, we demand mano a mano only, except that Brits have been known to do the same thing.

While the hiding may have been gratifying, most here would agree she made out much better by going to the police. However, perhaps the local thugs can still give him a good hiding if he doesn't leave Thailand after this lesson.

6 minutes ago, Reigntax said:

I’m sure there will be many jealous bargirls who would have been happy to be inappropriately touched for less than 10% of that amount 

And that's why they're bargirls. This is such a confusing problem for our poor farang--realizing that not all Thais are prostitutes, since that's all they meet.

How things have changed. I remember a story a good friend told me about his mother. She was out during the victory parade in Times Square right after the allies declared victory over the enemy. Many soldiers were returning home. She said around 900 guys grabbed her, kissed her wildly, and groped her. She told her son it was the best day of her life! I love that woman, even though I have never met her! That is a real woman's woman! 

OMG. You'all have bought back my darkness. 

I was gropped by my Ballroom dancing teacher when just 12 years old. She grabbed my left hand in hers and put my right hand on her back then started to knee tremble me while Quick Stepping me in circles.

I shoud have reported her. ????

25 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

I wonder just how much of the 200k this woman will receive and how much of it will be 'diverted' to other people. I recall a friend receiving a 'discounted' amount after some uniformed personnel negotiated a settlement for him.! 

Why didn't he just pay a lawyer a starting fee of B50,000 and let the lawyers and court negotiate? Would you be happy then with the lack of what you call "diversion?" 

Years ago a woman faked a signature on a bill of sale for a big motorbike she owned and the DLT wouldn't accept the sale as valid. She refused further contact. I rushed to the police in Ban Bueng before she could report it stolen. Great police chief there demanded she come to the station "or else" and he negotiated a proper signature with more "or else." So funny.

He showed a lot of amusing contempt for her, laughed at her lies and excuses.  

Asked for nothing from me. I did tip him B1000, however, best B1000 I've ever spent.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Edina said:

TAT what do you expect when when you flood the place with low life cheap skate Indian tourists, who treat the entire city like a brothel !!!! 

Less crime now than in the old days without Indians, actually, when low life Western farang treated the entire city like a brothel in West Yorkshire.

quality2.jpg.fefee8515451225823cfde131e23c1bd.jpgMrKevin.jpg.dbff7ce562cc7d76a0fc6867d18eb102.jpg

quality1.jpg.fd111731606c2964fc41ebcd4d4da75d.jpgquality3.jpg.39e4e53083d96e05c472a8c9b05ef0d5.jpg

• Like 2