Jump to content

Swedish pedestrian dies after being hit by a car while crossing the road in Phang Nga


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

PHOTO: KHao Lak Rescue

 

By Goongnang Suksawat


A Swedish pedestrian has died after he was hit by a car while crossing a road in Phang Nga.

 

Emergency responders were notified of the incident at 10:00 P.M. Sunday night (September 18th) on the Phet Kasem Road in Kuek Kak sub-district, Takua Pa district.

 

The first responders arrived at the scene to find the heavily damaged car on the road. The uninjured sedan driver, only identified as Mr. Paramet, 26, was waiting at the scene for law enforcement and rescue staff and was described as initially cooperative with police.

 

Full story: https://thephuketexpress.com/2022/09/19/swedish-pedestrian-dies-after-being-hit-by-a-car-while-crossing-the-road-in-phang-nga/

 

The-Phuket-Express-Logo-Small-300x121.png
-- © Copyright The Phuket Express 2022-09-20
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Link to post
Share on other sites

That was some speed at which the pedestrian was struck by looking at the picture of the damaged vehicle.  RIP poor man.  I sure hope they check to see at what speed the car was going and whether or not the young driver was not intoxicated or distracted by looking at his phone as he was late going somewhere.......

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Why, don´t we see any excuses for the Thai guy driving. Normally, there are many excuses for foreigners when an accident happens.

  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

very horrific impact by the looks,  was the Swedish guy at fault, did he risk a running dash to try to cross in between fast moving traffic.   Was the driver speeding or within the limits,  was the driver texting or reading messages on his phone at the time. 

 

very tragic.

RIP guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, loong said:

Warning: Don't watch if you don't like horrific videos.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=545782040639288

The driver was definitely speeding and not paying attention.

The walker was looking straight ahead and walking very slow.

 

Rule 1 always look at oncoming traffic rule 2 always get off the road quickly. Rule 3 dont expect drivers to be perfect.

 

No doubt the driver wasnt looking as well but that walker took a huge risk walking that slow on a road a night without checking the oncoming traffic properly.

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

 

R.I.P. Fella, what a tragedy; that looks like an enormous amount of damage to the car from hitting a pedestrian. Must have been quite a high speed impact.

i agree must have been speeding . as norm for Thais  !11

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

The driver of the car must have been speeding to sustain that amount of damage hitting a pedestrian or did he then run into a brick wall ...??

Looks like they did both

Link to post
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, hansombeast said:

I seen this in the news last night, the Swedish guy never stood a chance must have flew about 80 yards through the air, only had about 10 ft to the central reservation, the car was driving very fast. No bad weather conditions to blame

Only blame is the idiot behind the wheel of the car. Damn moron.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, hansombeast said:

I seen this in the news last night, the Swedish guy never stood a chance must have flew about 80 yards through the air, only had about 10 ft to the central reservation, the car was driving very fast. No bad weather conditions to blame

Never stood a chance? He wasnt looking at oncoming traffic and walked at half pace. Very careless and dangerous walking like that. Must have been drunk imo to not look, walk slowly and not hear the car coming.

 

I walked across wide roads at KK. Waited for big gap, walked fast. If you gues 10 secs walk, allow 15.

 

 

Kids at age 10 are taught how to cross the road.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Only blame is the idiot behind the wheel of the car. Damn moron.

Nope. You cant just walk slowly across roads at night without looking at snail pace. Both at fault. Drivers have metal shield. Walkers dont. Thats why you teach a 10yo to cross a road safely.

 

This adult failed to walk in a safe manner.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Of course he did. He didnt expect a Formula 1 car to come racing down the road.

F1s go 300kph. He looked to be going 100kph. Millions of cars go 100kph everyday. See it in all big towns and cities.

 

The walker put his life in danger.

 

A driver has a 98% chance of living. A walker maybe 2%.

 

Why take the risk?

 

Do risky things, someday it might kill you.

Link to post
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Video shows him walking very slow. He wasnt looking at oncoming traffic. Very risky in Thailand. Its not Sweden.

 

Both at fault.

Video does show him looking the right way and waiting for 1 vehicle to pass on the nearside lane.

However the accident seems a combination of him crossing  slowly and the car's excessively fast closing speed.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mancub said:

Video does show him looking the right way and waiting for 1 vehicle to pass on the nearside lane.

However the accident seems a combination of him crossing  slowly and the car's excessively fast closing speed.

He looked right once. You have to look 3 or 4 times whilst walking to make sure.

 

He walked at half pace and failed to keep checking.

 

Risky during the day, very risky at night.

 

You are responsible for your own actions. You cannot control others. There will always be bad drivers. Be a good walker and this doesnt happen.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...