Graduate Tae killed by 15 year old behind the wheel of a BMW

webfact

6pm.jpg

Sanook Thai Caption: Farewell Tae

Sanook reported on the tragic death of a uni graduate called Thanaphol Kaewmoon or Tae, 24, from Nakhon Sawan.

Tae was killed as he rode his Fino motorcycle in Nakhon Ratchasima.

He was hit by a 15 year old boy driving a BMW. 

All three occupants of the car were uninjured. 

Tae died at the scene. 

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Sanook

His mother Bunleu said that funeral rites could not be held in his home as it was flooded.

Rites would be held elsewhere until next Saturday.

Lawyers have offered their assistance to the grieving family in prosecuting the case. 

The accident happened near the gates of the Suranaree technical uni on Friday at 10pm. 

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-03

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

12 minutes ago, stoner said:

the parents of the 15 year old should be up on manslaughter charges at minimum. in a country where this sort of thing is common it is no longer tragic. 

this is neglect on all levels of this culture and its people.

Maybe there is a link I missed, were the parents in the car , did they know he had taken it ?

The 15 yo should be on a manslaughter charge.

• Like 2

Culture.

It takes some 2 generations for someone to forget his culture, after having left a country where this culture was learned, implanted, without even knowing that what he thinks and how he thinks does not come from his own will, as free will does not exist.

Someone's culture can never change while remaining within the culture governing this person's place of birth.

Let's not expect things to get better here.....

• Like 2

Another incomplete report , did the 15 years old boy steal the BMW , or

did his parents know , maybe in the car with him, 

"Lawyers have offered their assistance to the grieving family in prosecuting the case. "

out of the goodness of their hearts I am sure , or could it be because a BMW is involved,

and the sharks are circling.... RIP the young lad  , he deserves justice  ,  I know , I know.

regards worgeordie

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

She told me they haven’t been named because they have a lot of money.

there we have the answer, smells too much like the red bull kid, the difference is this kid kills a young graduated and the red bull kid killed a cop.... high so still high so and untouchable

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

My wife says that Thai news is reporting that the 15 year old kid was driving the car, with one or two friends with him. The report says the car belongs to his father and he allowed the kid to take it out and drive it.

OR... he hasn’t been named because he’s still legally considered a minor. 

That said, in closing to drive a car as an adult he should be ‘charged, judged and tried as an adult’... 

The 15 year old thought he was old enough to drive, he should face the consequences of his actions.

The father who let him drive is also complicit and should face charges - although I’m not sure what legal scope there is to charge the father i.e. what is the parental responsibility here?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ikke1959 said:

BMW is an expensive car. Name withold. Probably a higher ranked person. Parents should be prosecuted but it will not happen. Victim is a lower rank so financial compensation and all is solved. Thai justice. Shameful. I dont care if parents were in the car. Shameful to let a unexperienced kid drive a car

But high ranked people dont care. So the whole family should be locked up

It's an old 1 series, worth around 600k.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aussieroaming said:

RIP. 

If justice is served as normal here then it will be compensation and nothing else. 

Actually even that is not guaranteed, the perpetrator defense could claim that if the victim wasn't riding his motorcycle at that moment, the accident wouldn't have happened. TIT style blaming as usual.

5 hours ago, stoner said:

the parents of the 15 year old should be up on manslaughter charges at minimum. in a country where this sort of thing is common it is no longer tragic. 

this is neglect on all levels of this culture and its people.

Nothing will happen long-term because no-one except the parents of the dead person actually care as it has nothing to do with them. That's the Thai way, if it doesn't directly concern them they have no interest in it. Add to that Thais believe that the event has happened and nothing can change that, so move on. Different culture to ours.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Nothing will happen long-term because no-one except the parents of the dead person actually care as it has nothing to do with them. That's the Thai way, if it doesn't directly concern them they have no interest in it. Add to that Thais believe that the event has happened and nothing can change that, so move on. Different culture to ours.

you mind.......im busy sweeping the area in front of my house right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, stoner said:

I'd like to think the owners of a BMW hve some money and will willingly pay millions in compensation whilst the sons goes away for years - but I am sure they will plead poverty from the poolside

6 hours ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

My wife says that Thai news is reporting that the 15 year old kid was driving the car, with one or two friends with him. The report says the car belongs to his father and he allowed the kid to take it out and drive it.

That sounds more than likely. Very sorry for the young man Tae who was killed. Such a short life. RIP.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Wouldn't be surprised if the 15 y.o. already had the, "Do you know who my dad is? attitude.

Giving  him a BMW to drive without experience, a driving licence, and therefore likely no insurance is asking for trouble.

20 hours ago, 2009 said:

When will this embarrassing, shameful, idiocy end??

The parents should do life in jail.

When the incumbent regime step aside and allows a real government to work for the country and not for self enrichment.

In answer: No time soon.

• Like 1