Pattaya police go through drug tests to set a good example for citizens and tourists

snoop1130

A lot of negative comments...however, this is a start..it's something that is being done about drugs in the cops.

The article says "in their urine before starting duty"....I doubt we'll hear any further on this.....I also doubt it will continue...but, Pattaya has done it's job....well...in the Pattaya cops minds!

• Like 1

How much notice was given?  Pattaya Plod's problem with integrity is such that most do not believe any thing good that they attempt.  This test will go the way of the helmet crack downs that they periodically attempt once in a blue moon.

I think it’s a good step.

Perhaps all police should be initially independently tested , then a random selection across the force say monthly going forward be made and independently tested.

Depends how serious they are about preventing drugs in the BIB.

Just a thought.

I’m no doctor but I’m pretty sure most substances excluding MJ (which is now legal) won’t show up in urine after a few days. Pointless exercise anyway just more Asian face show .

As the poster said above , controlled random tests would be far better. But thats sensical and will catch some out, so not going to happen.

Edited by goldenbrwn1

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

This is an outfit that struggles to perform a surprise 'raid' without the information getting out a good while before they arrive. 

The same outfit that says there's no prostitution in Pattya.. 

Surely as a more relevant response to last weeks incident they should be testing those who had recently been dismissed from the police .  This is nothing more than a knee jerk reaction publicity stunt, are inhouse drug tests normally conducted in front of the press ?  No of course not

3 hours ago, Aussieroaming said:

Too bad there isn't a blood test to detect corruption, or one to detect extortion, or another to detect propensity to torture.....etc etc. Then the police could have a blood test that covers the full suite of potential police crimes.

While these Blood tests would indeed detect most of the full suite of Police Crime, it nowhere near will detect them all