Yet more embarrassment for RTP as gun stealing/ gambling cop nabbed trying to flee Thailand

webfact

10 minutes ago, Cake Monster said:

I, for one, hope that every Day there are News stories like this one in the headlines.

It could possibly mean that something is at last being done to wheedle out the Cancer within the RTP.

God knows !, its not before time.

Yes   little by little, small fish, medium and perhaps a whale.

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, malthebluff said:

I could be wrong but It was my understanding that police officers had to buy their own guns and they were not supplied by the station. Way would a station have so many guns there when not needed 

Did you not read my post above....This is how. Read the last sentence in the link.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

In mid-2015, Pol Gen Somyot Phumphanmuang, Royal Thai Police Commissioner, initiated a program to allow officers to purchase US-made, 9 mm SIG Sauer P320 pistols[34] for 18,000 baht each. The Thai market price for this gun is several times higher. The affordable price is made possible by a special police exemption from import quotas and import duties.[35][36] In December 2017, 150,000 SIG Sauer P320SP pistols became available for purchase by police for 23,890 baht each. The RTP will, in addition, distribute 55,000 of the new pistols to police stations nationwide, each station receiving 60

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

am just waiting for dirt on Big Joke to come out, he's Thai, part of the RTP..... and we all know how corrupted they are as corruption is on their DNA,  it's impossible for the guy to be clean, impossible, just a matter of time but it will come out

Big Joke,  they put him back in service for that reason and on"y reason!

He is nothing more than a Prop

Get paid well to give the illusion he is cleaning up things but he is a big part of the problem otherwise he would be dead! 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

Big Joke,  they put him back in service for that reason and on"y reason!

He is nothing more than a Prop

Get paid well to give the illusion he is cleaning up things but he is a big part of the problem otherwise he would be dead! 

I think you are 100% incorrect in your view of Big Joke.  He was trying to clean up the corruption and was moved to an inactive post because of it.  During this time his vehicle was also riddled with bullets in an attempt to scare him away.  He then sued the PM and was re-instated, and recently promoted back up to the top table.  He had cracked down on many corrupt activities and I believe he has tremendous dirt on this Government.  Making a martyr out of him would have been a bad move as he more than likely has the dirt ready to be displayed should anything happen to him, so in a way he holds all of the cards and never would put himself in the position you post about.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No need for comment, the Bangkok Post explained it all when the incident was first reported earlier this week.

Then why did you?

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No need for comment, the Bangkok Post explained it all when the incident was first reported earlier this week.

9 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

I think you are 100% incorrect in your view of Big Joke.  He was trying to clean up the corruption and was moved to an inactive post because of it.  During this time his vehicle was also riddled with bullets in an attempt to scare him away.  He then sued the PM and was re-instated, and recently promoted back up to the top table.  He had cracked down on many corrupt activities and I believe he has tremendous dirt on this Government.  Making a martyr out of him would have been a bad move as he more than likely has the dirt ready to be displayed should anything happen to him, so in a way he holds all of the cards and never would put himself in the position you post about.

heard/watched a similar story about cops having dirt on the government, the cop in question is living/hiding in Australia, he exposed a lot of dirt on Prayut/Prawit and some other cronies about the money they made with the Rohingya people but all swept under the rug, Big Joke will be moved/removed when convenient, same as the other cop

• Like 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

It would be a tough job. If you are being scrutinized. How do you answer for the massive pyramid scheme under you, and how do you justify the fortune you are making, by acting as Master franchisee? 

Oh Dear, Spidy on the hooch.

Just now, Black Angus said:

If he took 100 guns over time and each station is allowed only a stock of sixty. Where did the other 40 come from??

Might be a story in a story.  He could have claimed they were in for repair and needed replacements, or that they had been sold and the money remitted through the payroll unit.

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

The police are basically footsoldiers for the Thai establshment/mafia, but with crappy clothes and silly haircuts.

They even have mafia-like nicknames.

And stupid militaristic ranks ie Maj/Gen, Lt/Col. Shower of posers.

• Like 1

The media did not follow up as yet on how such a large number of weapons could go missing from a single police station before action was taken, notes ASEAN NOW.

TIT..

over 10 million shooting devices in public hands.

without counting the illegal ones..

plus 100... Lol

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

You make excellent points but we will have to agree to disagree on the Big Joke, I don't give him that much credit he is far from being clean and I mean far far.

Basically he made a deal to return sold his sole as they say made amends to those he offended while he was a rising star being human his head got big and when that happens they start to step on too many toes. 

His car being shot up was nothing but a warning to him and those he care about if they wanted him dead he would already he isn't untouchable!  He is nothing more than a prop he goes where they send him just like the two brothers former Mayor of Pattaya.

He does have s silver spoon in his mouth or damn lucky his mentor or godfather high enough who brought him along saved his butt.

Edited by thailand49

2 minutes ago, thailand49 said:

You make excellent points but we will have to agree to disagree on the Big Joke, I don't give him that much credit he is far from being clean and I mean far far.

Basically he made a deal to return sold his sole as they say made amends to those he offended while he was a rising star being human his head got big and when that happens they start to step on too many toes. 

His car being shot up was nothing but a warning to him and those he care about if they wanted him dead he would already he isn't untouchable!  He is nothing more than a prop he goes where they send him just like the two brothers former Mayor of Pattaya.

If you believe what you wrote then we definitely are on different pages.  I hope your contacts in the RTP know more than mine do about things.....enjoy.  

6 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you believe what you wrote then we definitely are on different pages.  I hope your contacts in the RTP know more than mine do about things.....enjoy.  

Yes we certainly come from two different worlds only time will tell who is correct.  In Thailand, there are no Serpico and their campaign for RTP sqeekie clean isn't going to happen in our lifetime being dirty is an institution here. ???? Yes enjoy. 

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

I always thought the Police had to buy their own guns and ammo ?

biggest worry , who did he sell them to .

regards worgeordie

I believe they do, although as others have said there are schemes in place for them to be bought through the force on the "never never".

Not far from where I live there is an old quarry used by the RTP as a range. I have heard rifles, light automatic weapons and grenade launchers being fired. Back when the last coup was staged sandbagged emplacements were set up outside a  local police posts. The blokes manning them had old M16s. The emplacements were pretty useless, one single layer of sandbags waist high, sentries looking across rather than down the road, into a treeline 30 metres across the road, the rear of the emplacement within a few metres of a tree lined ditch giving a covered approach. Still it looked "Gucci '!

I think that the main police stations are well supplied with weapons. They love their paramilitary trappings. I doubt that this episode is the only one of its kind!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Freed1948 said:
21 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Then why did you?

I wasn't commenting about why there was no media concern, I was pointing out that the lack of that type of comment was because the circumstances had already been clearly explained.  Do you not understand the concept of context?