6 months to live what would you do?

Sparktrader

On 10/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, hotandsticky said:

If I had 6 months to live (and was active) the budget would be irrelevant. 

I would spend whatever was necessary to maximise the enjoyment from those last 6 month.

The reality is that (as I am content)  life might not be too much different from what I have now.........just a few more extras here and there.

A lucky man. My wife and and I are the same. But aggressive cancer has reared its ugly head. 

3 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nothing on link. Just ads.

Sure. Nothing but ads for his stuff.

"And so he kind of positions himself as a sort of natural health advocate who says that we can deal with the side effects of COVID-19 and other health challenges through natural supplements and vitamin D and diet rather than vaccination and medicine."

https://www.npr.org/2021/08/08/1025845675/one-of-the-most-influential-voices-in-vaccine-misinformation-is-a-doctor

2022-10-26_11h14_32.png

Edited by jerrymahoney

1 minute ago, Thingamabob said:

I intend to die at home whatever is killing me.

Most people express this wish as I understand. I know that nurses can prescribe drugs subject to obtaining extra qualification. However, I believe my chances of minimising suffering would be greatest in a place where there is also access to doctors and a pharmacy. My theory failed when put to the test in a National Health Service hospital due to staff shortages. Therefore I would, if financially possible at the time, elect to receive end of life care in a private hospital.

3 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

They made this idea a popular TV show back in the 60’s starring Ben Gazzara.  It ran three seasons.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Run_for_Your_Life_(TV_series)

That was a must see show for me. I liked the one where he tried for the world speed record best. It's the one in the intro, as above in the photo you posted

Sadly, the actors in the shows I enjoyed the most have either passed on are in the waiting room.

On 10/22/2022 at 10:21 AM, CharlieH said:

Reminds me of the joke,

Dr: YOu only have two weeks to live

Patient: I'll have the last week of Aug first week in September.

OR!                                                                                                                                                                          Dr. you have 5 mins left to live.

Patient. Is there anything you can do

Dr. I could boil you an egg

Dr

33 minutes ago, SW Happy said:

OR!                                                                                                                                                                          Dr. you have 5 mins left to live.

Patient. Is there anything you can do

Dr. I could boil you an egg

Dr

Or

Dr. You have 3 months to live, and here's my bill

Patient. But I can't pay that!

Dr. Ok, have another 3 months!

I mentioned in a post above that my Father played 18 holes of golf 4 days before he died.

As per the topic title, his doctor told him that actually did have only 6 months to live. The doctor said pancreatic surgery would be risky for him at 84 but, if he did not have the surgery, he would be dead in 6 months and it would be a very unpleasant way to go.

So my Father had the surgery but died before ever coming out of the sedation

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Thanks 1

I would try to write my autobiography. Not for sale, just a family heirloom. When you get older you regret not finding out about what your parents and grandparents did, or what they thought about. You know some, but to late for the details.

29 minutes ago, rickudon said:

I would try to write my autobiography. Not for sale, just a family heirloom. When you get older you regret not finding out about what your parents and grandparents did, or what they thought about. You know some, but to late for the details.

Dear grand kids, shagged hundreds of women, drank heaps of beer. Hope you do the same. All the best Grandpa.

• Like 2

Made me remember the following (not that I live by this):

“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”

Hunter S. Thompson, The Proud Highway: Saga of a Desperate Southern Gentleman, 1955-1967

I read them all.   I guess I need to try sex on  mushrooms and blow.   10 k is low. 375,000 baht.  63k baht a month.   Delete my account here first day.  Perhaps sponsor a new uni girl each month.   I like the replies about just enjoying the farm but the 5 months "in season" part is what bothers me about Thailand.  Just to hot and muggy and buggy most of the year.   I like the idea that we should live life like only 6 months.  I have not.  I am always planning for the future and it was probably not the best way.   Oh and I should like to try the doubles and triples. 

Edited by Elkski
Edit for spider mike

48 minutes ago, Elkski said:

I read them all.   I guess I need to try sex on  mushrooms and blow.   10 k is low. 375,000 baht.  63k baht a month.   Delete my account here first day.  Perhaps sponsor a new uni girl each month.   I like the replies about just enjoying the farm but the 5 months "in season" part is what bothers me about Thailand.  Just to hot and muggy and buggy most of the year.   I like the idea that we should live life like only 6 months.  I have not.  I am always planning for the future and it was probably not the best way.   Oh and I should like to try the doubles and triples. 

The good news, I would need to limit myself to 375k for my last 6 months, and would be happy to stay at Centara in Hua Hin my last 6 months any season, and hold audiences for those who would like to kiss my ass goodbye and let them bring some quality drugs with them at the same time. Not to much, not every day, just a few times to get the positive  high feeling again.