Pattaya: Operators say they don't pay bribes to police and higher-ups

webfact

The problem here is one of transparency .. it’s hard.. impossible.. for the entity that is essentially being implicated, to then turn around and try to self-investigate…

that’s where having the ability to send in a truly independent, outside agency with enough implicit and explicit statutory power, to conduct the investigation is essential.. but that too can be problematic… in that one must accept that what this entity may find might be bad… 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, new2here said:

The problem here is one of transparency .. it’s hard.. impossible.. for the entity that is essentially being implicated, to then turn around and try to self-investigate…

that’s where having the ability to send in a truly independent, outside agency with enough implicit and explicit statutory power, to conduct the investigation is essential.. but that too can be problematic… in that one must accept that what this entity may find might be bad… 

Isn't that a very dangerous job? Wasn't there a story of foreign auditors arriving in Thailand and being murdered? Plus let's not talk about the diamond!!! Then there is the policeman who had to flee Thailand and now lives in Australia!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Lisa Hamilton who represents many small beer bars said that none of her members pay bribes. 

They work with the police and the authorities to ensure tourism confidence and safety instead. 

I hope she never does an IQ test. It would be less than her body temperature.

• Thumbs Up 1

I will bet that they are investigating the names on the list so that they can get the "white out" and delete their own names if they appear. 

Which operators have the confidence of admitting that the brown shirts extort them for money when the brown shirts would be investigating the allegations. 

Corrupt, corrupt, corrupt.

Thanks for cleaning the RTP corruption up Prawit, another promise that slide down the toilet like a brown trout.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Oh yes, they don't pay bribes, as when the police check there are no callgirls too, only hostess and no prositution... and than we don't speak of drugs and probably no ladyboys too and no robberies, theft, and so on.. Pattaya is an example of how well the Thai culture is and for that an example of a family destination hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha 

No Hoes and no bribes, straight from the horses mouth...

Horse shit.jpg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Said it before, there should be a bank and assets check on all soldiers, generals and police every year, no exception

There used to be but Prayuth did away with it & granted immunity for himself and fatty.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, epicking said:

I have seen them come into clubs on Walking Street before official opening time

So somehow YOU are inside closed clubs on WS?  And seen this in more than one club?

I hear about this all the time and am dumbfounded.  If a policeman came in to check on my liquor license or some other necessary business license, Fine.  If a policeman wanted a payment under the table, I would phone the police station Soi 9 and ask for a supervisor to come to my shop to investigate immediately.

Corruption only occurs when you let it

• Haha 1

and politicians judges PM's and police have been unable to locate red bull boss and have him come to thailand to stand trial over killing a cop while hyped up on coke....and oh my how they have tried and tried and tried to find him but everytime they get close brown envelopes fly and he once again eludes capture....

15 minutes ago, chalawaan said:

Yeah, nah.

So who remembers the 

Headline:

"There is no prostitution in Walking Street" ????????????????????????????????????

This was this one

https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/phew-no-prostitutes-in-pattayas-walking-street-police

At least they did not say that there is no Walking Street. 

caught up with a friend from Pattaya last week and asked him about this very topic. He said that EVERY business that has girls ( beer bars, go go bars etc ) all pay monthly bribes to the police. He said he pays around 20k baht per month, and he has all the required licenses. So can imagine what size the payments are for those without the proper licenses.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, TigerandDog said:

caught up with a friend from Pattaya last week and asked him about this very topic. He said that EVERY business that has girls ( beer bars, go go bars etc ) all pay monthly bribes to the police. He said he pays around 20k baht per month, and he has all the required licenses. So can imagine what size the payments are for those without the proper licenses.

friend owns a restaurant, known him for years. Not farang. He paid 10k a month (few years ago, pre covid) and then a gang of cops came in from Bangkok and hit him up for another 10k. No girls, just Indian food.