Nancy Pelosi's husband 'violently assaulted' at San Francisco home, suspect in custody

Scott

9 hours ago, candide said:

I wonder which conspiracy theory our MAGA posters (or assimilated) will be able to evoke now? ????

DePape also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other members of Congress there were consequences to actions,” read the filing.

After Paul Pelosi called 911, DePape allegedly said he did not leave “because, much like the American Founding Fathers with the British, he was fighting against tyranny without the option of surrender.” Police claim he reiterated this sentiment elsewhere in the interview."

https://news.yahoo.com/attacker-wanted-to-hold-nancy-pelosi-hostage-planned-to-break-her-knee-caps-194449972.html

More here, debunking of those crazy conspiracy claims. The facts are coming out but they'll be ignored by MAGA

Federal affidavit debunks wild far-right conspiracy theories about the attack on Paul Pelosi amplified by Elon Musk, Ted Cruz and Marjorie Taylor Greene

"It starts out with these weirdos, and then next thing you know, it's Ted Cruz, and then it's Marge Greene and then it's 50 people in Congress saying it by tomorrow," said criminal defense attorney Ron Filipkowski, who tracks extremists on social media. "It's the case with all these conspiracies."

DePape told authorities that he broke in with a hammer through a glass door, according to the affidavit, disproving theories that the glass was broken from the inside. The attacker entered the bedroom where Paul Pelosi was sleeping and said he wanted to talk to "Nancy," according to the affidavit.

https://sports.yahoo.com/federal-affidavit-debunks-wild-far-215845547.html

Paul Pelosi tried to escape to an elevator equipped with a phone to call 911, San Francisco district attorney said

Paul Pelosi tried to escape to an elevator equipped with a phone inside his San Francisco home to call 911 after a suspect broke into the house and entered his bedroom, San Francisco District Attorney Brook Jenkins said in a Monday press conference.

The district attorney announced additional charges against David DePape, 42, in connection to the assault against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's husband.

Charges included attempted murder, residential burglary, assault with a deadly weapon, elder abuse, false imprisonment of an elder, and threats to a public official and their family.

https://www.businessinsider.com/paul-pelosi-attack-escape-elevator-home-call-911-da-said-2022-10

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, candide said:

DePape also later explained that by breaking Nancy’s kneecaps, she would then have to be wheeled into Congress, which would show other members of Congress there were consequences to actions,”

This is a blatant ruse to allay an attempted murder charge.  He might have adept lawyers.

11 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Sounds awful.

Protecting ones castle is awful? Not doing so is unrealistic. Home invasion robberies is a common theme. Some of us don't live in La la land.

11 hours ago, coolcarer said:

Don’t forget to add a safe room, a couple of Doberman pincers, a few trip wires and a large collection of firearms unlocked dotted around the house. Super right?

I've been a victim of a home invasion with gun to my head so please stop with the rhetoric. It can happen anywhere to anyone. And a high profile family such as the Pelosi with no security precautions is stupid.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nauseus said:

Ludicrous why? Most MAGA rallies I see on TV seem to feature the Stars & Stripes more than any other symbol, except maybe the red MAGA baseball caps. Confederate flags seem to be comparatively rare. Mind you that image is of a place in California, so I doubt if the Dixie is even sold there. 

Well, I used google to do a search of Maga rallies. Not exactly a majority carrying American flags or even wearing American flag imagery. Your conclusion remains nonsensical.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Pleased to see you survived the attack Even’.

I trust you were not subject to online haters blaming you and your family for making yourselves victims of your attacker.

Stay safe.

No, I didn't need others to blame me, I blamed myself for putting myself and my family in serious jeopardy. Which could have been avoided had I been proactive.

I'm glad SF has a new DA that will prosecute this guy to the fullest extent of the law.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

Protecting ones castle is awful? Not doing so is unrealistic. Home invasion robberies is a common theme. Some of us don't live in La la land.

I've been a victim of a home invasion with gun to my head so please stop with the rhetoric. It can happen anywhere to anyone. And a high profile family such as the Pelosi with no security precautions is stupid.

no need to make this personal, I was adding some suggestions on top of yours, after all with all the security in place at Buckingham Palace an intruder still managed to get inside the queens bedroom. 

What I’ve read though is that there is currently some criticism at Capitol Police for not providing the same protective security detail to spouses as they do to Nancy including when she is at home. not read anything about blaming the actual house security structure, only on this forum.

We can all rattle off what we think should have been in place……lol

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, placeholder said:

Well, I used google to do a search of Maga rallies. Not exactly a majority carrying American flags or even wearing American flag imagery. Your conclusion remains nonsensical.

Were the MAGAs in attendance carrying many Obama signs? Do you think die-hard MAGAs are fans of Barack Obama? As I have said from the beginning, nothing about this makes any sense, and good luck getting the police bodycam vids (remember the reluctance to release the tapes of his last skirmish with the law.) If the narrative was solid, releasing the tapes would stop any speculation.

"Taub said she could not understand depictions of DePape as embracing far-right rhetoric. She said he was once a fan of former President Barack Obama, who was “more on the far left than the far right,” during their 15-year relationship.

She said he supported her many causes — which included protesting the war in Iraq — and was happy to take care of the couple’s children while she agitated.

“In our 15 years together, we never once had a disagreement about politics because we were aligned in our views,” she said.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Ex-girlfriend-of-suspect-in-Paul-Pelosi-attack-17545968.php

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

23 minutes ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

Were the MAGAs in attendance carrying many Obama signs? Do you think die-hard MAGAs are fans of Barack Obama? As I have said from the beginning, nothing about this makes any sense, and good luck getting the police bodycam vids (remember the reluctance to release the tapes of his last skirmish with the law.) If the narrative was solid, releasing the tapes would stop any speculation.

"Taub said she could not understand depictions of DePape as embracing far-right rhetoric. She said he was once a fan of former President Barack Obama, who was “more on the far left than the far right,” during their 15-year relationship.

She said he supported her many causes — which included protesting the war in Iraq — and was happy to take care of the couple’s children while she agitated.

“In our 15 years together, we never once had a disagreement about politics because we were aligned in our views,” she said.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Ex-girlfriend-of-suspect-in-Paul-Pelosi-attack-17545968.php

I don't know what you're on about. nauseus claimed that it was unlikely Depape was politically on the extreme right because there was no American flag flying somewhere on the bus where he lived. It's such a ridiculous cl comment that it really didn't need remarking upon but out of the goodness of my heart I did.

It seems unlikely that his ex girlfriend has had much contact with him lately:

"Taub spoke in an hour-long phone interview from the California Institution for Women in Corona (Riverside County), where she is serving time for attempting to abduct a 14-year-old boy in Berkeley with whom she had become obsessed."

2 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I’m sure they do. It just depends on whose interests will be served as to whether they release the footage or not.

Really? In California, a state dominated by Democrats, the dashcam footage of Paul Pelosi's DUI arrest was released. Try to keep in mind that conditions in the USA are vastly different than in police states like, say, China.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Those reports were debunked already by the officials, yes conspiracies based on initial reports that were not correct or incomplete and extrapolated into opinions ie not based on fact. The facts are now coming out, how refreshing. 

It's not a conspiracy to read a report from Politico stating there was a third person in the house, and to theorize on that basis that there could have been a third person in the house. It's a perfectly logical conclusion to reach based on the evidence presented at that point. The fact they have subsequently reversed that story is interesting to me.

I would certainly be keen to see the police body cam footage with my own eyes. However, I strongly suspect it will never be released. Let's wait and see for all the facts to emerge rather than stories that are constantly changing. Reminds me of the Koh Tao attack on the UK couple, a distinct lack of CCTV images and so many conflicting reports it's difficult to know what to believe.

33 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here we go...............the police were wearing body cams but you can find you own links for that and puzzle no more.

Next question why not release footage? There is an ongoing investigation, patience.

Whatever the truth is. I just find it odd that the personal accounts from Pelosi and from the cops are somewhat different. Why are the stories so mixed up. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

It's not a conspiracy to read a report from Politico stating there was a third person in the house, and to theorize on that basis that there could have been a third person in the house. It's a perfectly logical conclusion to reach based on the evidence presented at that point. The fact they have subsequently reversed that story is interesting to me.

I would certainly be keen to see the police body cam footage with my own eyes. However, I strongly suspect it will never be released. Let's wait and see for all the facts to emerge rather than stories that are constantly changing. Reminds me of the Koh Tao attack on the UK couple, a distinct lack of CCTV images and so many conflicting reports it's difficult to know what to believe.

Politico made an error that officials since corrected the following day.

First of all, the Police did not come in response to an alarm. They come in response to a "wellness check". So someone called them to check on Pelosi."

"When he didn't answer the phone, the cops broke the sliding glass door to get in. Pelosi was struggling with the suspect, who was in his underwear.

Who called 911 to initiate a wellness check? Either Nancy or her staff, who hadn't hear from Paul all evening and suddenly it's 2 am.

Then of course all you need do is check back on your own posting history

"I would certainly be keen to see the police body cam footage with my own eyes."

Yea I bet you would, having admitted what you like to watch involving hammer attacks to kill people in the dark corners of the web then this will be breeze entertainment for you.

• Like 1

Just now, EVENKEEL said:

Whatever the truth is. I just find it odd that the personal accounts from Pelosi and from the cops are somewhat different. Why are the stories so mixed up. 

What is mixed up about the stories in the latest reports? Why not dissect it in a logical timestamped manner?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

Politico made an error that officials since corrected the following day.

First of all, the Police did not come in response to an alarm. They come in response to a "wellness check". So someone called them to check on Pelosi."

"When he didn't answer the phone, the cops broke the sliding glass door to get in. Pelosi was struggling with the suspect, who was in his underwear.

Who called 911 to initiate a wellness check? Either Nancy or her staff, who hadn't hear from Paul all evening and suddenly it's 2 am.

Then of course all you need do is check back on your own posting history

Yes I see they "corrected" that. But my point stands, someone reading it is not a conspiracy theorist for believing it was accurate. That is the fault of Politico, not the reader.

I know my posting history, please point out anything you found offensive. I haven't said anything controversial, the most controversial thing I said was let's wait for the facts to come out before reaching a conclusion.

Edited by onthedarkside
off topic comments removed
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I am 78 and I have lived and worked in 38 countries across the world from South America to Europe, to the Arab Gulf, Pakistan, Bangladesh, PNG, Asia and NZ.

I have never been a victim of a home invasion, nor has anybody I know. That includes one military coup in Venezuela and 3 here in Thailand.

You must be very unlucky or somewhat of a high profile person.

5 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

So Pelosi did not make the call to cops. The cops busted in the door and wasn't opened for them?

Well it all makes sense now.

What are you talking about. That was a conspiracy theory, the journalist writing it even said its his opinion only. This was his disclaimer: "IMHO--in my humble opinion."

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am 78 and I have lived and worked in 38 countries across the world from South America to Europe, to the Arab Gulf, Pakistan, Bangladesh, PNG, Asia and NZ.

I have never been a victim of a home invasion, nor has anybody I know. That includes one military coup in Venezuela and 3 here in Thailand.

You must be very unlucky or somewhat of a high profile person.

Well I'm super impressed with your work history. For me it was 30 yrs ago yes robbery is the usual intended outcome of a successful home invasion.