600,000 baht for 12 months

georgegeorgia

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Nice for you that you are happy with that. I like good food, nice drinks, cigars and live music. Have 3 houses on different locations and 2 kids who need a good education.

I like good food, nice drinks, quit the cigars, and occasional live music.

Only need 1 house, and the kid is out of Uni & self sufficient now.  Although was going through about 35k a month for about 5 yrs.  Money well invested for her future, with many returns.

Implied ability to live inexpensively, doesn't mean we do.  Only have 2 vices/addictions ... sex & food, easily satisfied.   All smiles here ????

• Like 1

i think you retired or not, working or not you need min 50-60K baht to live normally in thailand. A medium thai person salary is between 30-60K 

if we add some farang luxury taste in to this salary i think 50-60K is good enough. this money includes normal night life too, and mostly good food. We need to remember that everything is money in thailand. and things are getting real expensive real quick these days. the local restaurant i usually eat raised the prices significantly. shops are the same. no need to mention fuel/gas. 

if you want to have a luxury life.. you need min 100K and more.

how you spend your money is totally up to your personality, your interests and etc. so no need to argue about these things. its also related how much you get. if you have the money you can replace your dirty sofa every 2-3 years, if not you cannot simple as that. thats where the money goes. details like this. 

i know many thai people who just entered work life are getting 12-18K dont know how they survive, big respect to them.  

when i watch those stupid youtube videos such as how to survive in thailand or what i spend in 1 day i really laugh. They are only for show. there is no way a farang will survive eating chicken on rice 3 times a day every month.. 

• Haha 1

I think the question is not really how much we have to spend. The question is how much can we afford to spend?

Travel, nice food and drinks, cars, home. Do we just want to survive, be comfortable or live in luxury?

If someone can afford to spend 200k a month, why should be spend only 100k? To leave it for the children so they will waste it? 555

5f4cc1b519b8da1229c3be35cdd04fee--luxury

Yes & No:

... yes spend less than <฿20k a year for all medical expenses and covers both of us, USUALLY; includes full med check up, and meds, IF needing.

... not so USUAL, I had a med oops last week, (1 overnight procedure) that rang up a ฿201k and change bill @ govt hosp.  No monthly health ins. bill, as silly priced for what they would cover, IF, I could even get coverage @ 67 yrs old.

50 some years of never paying healthcare premiums, and I'm well ahead on that financial curve.  That's what emergency / oops funds are for, the unexpected, though at my age, not so much any more, and just a matter of time.  Hopefully quick and inexpensive.  DNR 

Edited by KhunLA

12 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So what do you think would happen to you if you would have to live from 10k per month?

Would you die?

How are millions of Thai people able to live with that kind of money?

Well they are eating (mostly) unhealthy & dirty street food and most of them getting some diseases. Plus we are talking about farangs here. 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, problemfarang said:

Well they are eating (mostly) unhealthy & dirty street food and most of them getting some diseases. Plus we are talking about farangs here. 

No street food needs to be dirty or unhealthy.  Simply choose wisely.  Brick & mortar restaurant doesn't ensure clean or healthy.

Went into the kitchen of a farang managed bar/restaurant, for a 'smoke'.

Holy F'n Buddha ... never ate there again ????  And it was a favorite for my weekly pork chop or burger, while sipping a few.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, KhunLA said:

I like good food, nice drinks, quit the cigars, and occasional live music.

Only need 1 house, and the kid is out of Uni & self sufficient now.  Although was going through about 35k a month for about 5 yrs.  Money well invested for her future, with many returns.

Implied ability to live inexpensively, doesn't mean we do.  Only have 2 vices/addictions ... sex & food, easily satisfied.   All smiles here ????

You've showed photos of one addiction what about the other?????

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, nigelforbes said:

I agree. We don't try not spending and we have plenty of cash reserves if we need them. But our 50k a month lets us eat out four/five times a week, support a niece at university and run two vehicles. Our utilities cost 2,500 a month and we own our home. 

Hmmm. I expect you paid for the house but I doubt you own the land it's built on.

• Like 1

I live for far less than 600,000 baht . Well under 200,000 baht . I have 600,000 baht in pension income plus i have income from rent . The property is unincumbered . Rental income covers all electricity and any improvements . 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i haven't got a budget as such but 50k is easy enough, if you have your own condo avoiding rent helps. Guys with wives and fake girlfriends would be paying far more on wages and buying food etc dragging them round everywhere 

What about fake wives even married ones?

6 hours ago, problemfarang said:

i think you retired or not, working or not you need min 50-60K baht to live normally in thailand.

Perhaps. As we are both working I think we spend less than retired folk. We are happy to lay about on weekends, certainly no need to go out weekdays. Single men out all the time. My lunches are free and wife wife gets all sorts of free stuff at work.

I took the job as something to do but parlayed it into serious income and saving.

But we have no time. Rather, we take big holidays three times a year.

• Thumbs Up 1