Why is the UK struggling more than other countries?

Scott

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Trolling much?

Genuine  enquiry .

I have the feeling that they want the U.K to re-join the E.U because of their own self interests .

It will benefit their Country if the UK re-joined the E.U.

They've managed to keep their Nationality a secret for a long time , that was until England lost in the World Cup and them celebrating the result exposed themselves for their real affiliations  

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Genuine  enquiry .

I have the feeling that they want the U.K to re-join the E.U because of their own self interests .

It will benefit their Country if the UK re-joined the E.U.

They've managed to keep their Nationality a secret for a long time , that was until England lost in the World Cup and them celebrating the result exposed themselves for their real affiliations  

A previous trolling theory of yours was that Remainers wanted to stay in EU because of racism. Give up the baiting already. Nobody's buying it. Or they shouldn't if they do.

7 minutes ago, placeholder said:

A previous trolling theory of yours was that Remainers wanted to stay in EU because of racism. Give up the baiting already. Nobody's buying it. Or they shouldn't if they do.

Please don't misquote me , my point was that Brexiteers want to be part of the World in general and not stuck to the E.U and Remainers keep calling everyone "racist" , but they are the ones who want to remain in Europe (which is predominately White)    

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Please don't misquote me , my point was that Brexiteers want to be part of the World in general and not stuck to the E.U and Remainers keep calling everyone "racist" , but they are the ones who want to remain in Europe (which is predominately White)    

How you're characterizing your stance on that is untrue but I'm not going to feed the troll.

Edit: I should substitute "incomplete" for untrue. But even what you maintain is obviously nothing more or less than baiting.

Edited by placeholder

2 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Brexit has effected everyone in the UK, some very badly, a few hedge fund managers who provided the financial backing for the Leave Campaign have made fortunes, by placing bets against the UK.

So show the details of 'financial backing' and how that could possibly counter the money supporting remain, including tax payers money?

Edited by nauseus
+ how

4 minutes ago, nauseus said:

So show the details of 'financial backing' and that could possibly counter the money supporting remain, including tax payers money?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-leave-eu-campaign-arron-banks-jeremy-hosking-five-uk-richest-businessmen-peter-hargreaves-robert-edmiston-crispin-odey-a7699046.html

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

My argument, according to your way of reasoning, is that what you say is not true. ????

I look forward to you demonstrating.

A. COVID and the war in Ukraine was not (UK) self inflicted.

B. The impacts of COVID and the war in Ukraine are not diminishing.

C. The impacts of Brexit are not ongoing.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

These are the official numbers. 

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/campaign-spending-eu-referendum

• Remain: £19,309,588
  • Leave: £13,332,569

When the extra £9 million of tax payers money that the Gov spent on sending their 'advice' to all UK households to recommend remaining in the EU is added, then it can be seen that more than double the amount was spent on the remain effort than on the leave campaign.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

These are the official numbers. 

https://www.electoralcommission.org.uk/who-we-are-and-what-we-do/elections-and-referendums/past-elections-and-referendums/eu-referendum/campaign-spending-eu-referendum

• Remain: £19,309,588
  • Leave: £13,332,569

When the extra £9 million of tax payers money that the Gov spent on sending their 'advice' to all UK households to recommend remaining in the EU is added, then it can be seen that more than double the amount was spent on the remain effort than on the leave campaign.

I don’t think you’ve grasped the significance of hedgefund managers providing financial backing to Brexit while taking positions that are betting against the UK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I don’t think you’ve grasped the significance of hedgefund managers providing financial backing to Brexit while taking positions that are betting against the UK.

Financial backing? How and how much?

21 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I look forward to you demonstrating.

A. COVID and the war in Ukraine was not (UK) self inflicted.

B. The impacts of COVID and the war in Ukraine are not diminishing.

C. The impacts of Brexit are not ongoing.

You have yet to demonstrate your "because it's true" truth.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nauseus said:

So show the details of 'financial backing' and how that could possibly counter the money supporting remain, including tax payers money?

Currency traders do it as a profession , they buy and sell currency according to their opinion as to whether the currency will rise or fall or not and at the time of the Brexit vote the Pound was over valued and it was expected to fall , so it would be expected that currency traders would bet against the Pound , because it was over valued at the time 

14 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

No, many people know the Aboriginie people were populating Oz and there were probably others before them. 

To be pedantic, there may have been an intelligent species before the Aboriginals in Australia, but they were not humans.

I've seen the genetic map that was made of the journey of humans from Africa to colonize the world, and the aboriginals arrived many thousands of years ago as part of that journey.

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

To be pedantic, there may have been an intelligent species before the Aboriginals in Australia, but they were not humans.

I've seen the genetic map that was made of the journey of humans from Africa to colonize the world, and the aboriginals arrived many thousands of years ago as part of that journey.

Bad pedant! Homo sapiens are not the only species categorized as human.

Homo erectus, our ancient ancestor

The extinct ancient human Homo erectus is a species of firsts. It was the first of our relatives to have human-like body proportions, with shorter arms and longer legs relative to its torso. It was also the first known hominin to migrate out of Africa, and possibly the first to cook food.

https://www.nhm.ac.uk/discover/homo-erectus-our-ancient-ancestor.html#:~:text=The extinct ancient human Homo,the first to cook food.

On the other hand, there is no evidence that Australia was ever inhabited by humans other than homo sapiens. And all the genetic evidence points to the aboriginal population as descending from one human incursion into Australia.

12 minutes ago, stevenl said:

You say you're not defending any dodgy deals but you still do.

Not defending for sure but just explaining the difference between the two highlighted cases . If corruption with the procurement of P.P.E. is proven within the Tory government , then so be it . I  do not condone corruption in any form especially when it comes to profiteering using public funds . I hope I have made myself clear . Unfortunately it seems that it is difficult to find politicians world wide who will not be influenced , by outside agencies , for there own monetary gains . However , the E.U. scandal could be deep and even see a clear-out of E.U. vice presidents and others  who are influencing the governance of 27 European countries . What do you think the governments of the 27 countries will be thinking ?   

38 minutes ago, superal said:

Not defending for sure but just explaining the difference between the two highlighted cases . If corruption with the procurement of P.P.E. is proven within the Tory government , then so be it . I  do not condone corruption in any form especially when it comes to profiteering using public funds . I hope I have made myself clear . Unfortunately it seems that it is difficult to find politicians world wide who will not be influenced , by outside agencies , for there own monetary gains . However , the E.U. scandal could be deep and even see a clear-out of E.U. vice presidents and others  who are influencing the governance of 27 European countries . What do you think the governments of the 27 countries will be thinking ?   

You note that the case against members of the Tory government is not yet proven, but don't seem to pay  attention to that consideration in the case of the EU MEPs.

8 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Along with Eurasian, Neanderthal and Denisovans and many others out of African.

Many in UK now. ????????

Edited by Kwasaki