Xi Did Not Shake Hands With Prayut ‘Because Of Covid Measures’

webfact

7 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

It sure looks like a Big snub to me. 

If he did not want contact because of Covid fears, then why not give a Wai instead, the standard greeting here. 

The unelected PM is a Military Academy educated soldier with about the same low IQ as his countrymen who forced his way into being an PM with soldiers guns and tanks behind his back who is way out of his league amongst real elected politicians, so he is bound to get snubbed.

Anyway, was the also unelected Burmese PM at this conference?

Edited by NoshowJones

1 hour ago, mberbae said:

It seems likely China wanted something from Thailand and

Prayuth did not play along.  Bravo to Prayuth.

Covid had nothing to do with it.

I am sure you give Prayuth far far more credit than he deserves.

5 hours ago, Stevemercer said:

The Chinese leader shook hands with all western leaders, but he will only shake hands if he is on the left, never on the right (as was the case with Prayut).

The left is the power position because he can leave his body open for the cameras and merely extend his right hand. The person on the right is forced to move his right hand across his body, and pivot slightly, looking a bit subservient. 

The only person with whom Xi accepts the surbvervient position is with the US President. Certainly not with Prayut. I am surprised Prayut's advisers did not warn Prayut about this protocol.

It just shows how enept the unelected PM is. Proper elected PMs are real politicians who know all about this protocol.

34 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

It just shows how enept the unelected PM is. Proper elected PMs are real politicians who know all about this protocol.

Minders probably had to explain to him / show him how to extend his hand and what to do next (if offer of shaking hands accepted).

How many time have you extended your hand but the other person grabbed your wrist because they don't know how to do it, not part of their culture.

Following the conclusion of #APEC2022Thailand, Thai PM

@prayutofficial

welcomed Chinese president Xi Jinping for a bilateral meeting at Govt House. Observers pointed out that under his leadership since the #ThaiJunta, the country has pivoted to Beijing a lot.

https://twitter.com/SaksithCNA/status/1593855317044916224

Edited by anchadian
  • Like 1

Prior to extending his hand, Pinocchio made a defererential bow of his head to the Emperor, so, looks to me like the hand gesture was to indicate "Let's go".

But, taking the original image in isolation certainly gives the impression of a snub. Seeing it as as a screen shot from a video clip changes that impression and shows an even funnier sequel.

Either way it brightened my morning. ????

11 hours ago, Willy Wombat said:

Xi shook the hand of the Canadian cuck Trudeau too.

Thai Government spokesman just trying to save face and anyone who believes his words is a moron.

Ah, clearly this is a refined and educated poster! Now do tell us all about how Trudeau is a "cuck", which I understand is Incel for "cuckold". Have you been naughty with Justin's wife? Perhaps, as I expect you've come here since you were so darn hansum that the gals back home couldn't keep their hands off you and you needed some relief from being sexualized constantly. I personally find only the sharpest minds dwell on the imagined sexual fantasies of their political enemies. I look forward to your future incisive analyses of Canadian politics...

4 hours ago, Robsweblinks said:

Wash your hands before you pick your nose! I think he just didn't want to shake his hand just like he didn't with Trudeau ????

He shook Trudeaus hand right after berating him for leaking all the details of their previous meeting to the press.

Here's the video :

So enen though Trudeau 'did the dirty' he still shook his hand.

Edited by ukrules

2 hours ago, scorecard said:

Minders probably had to explain to him / show him how to extend his hand and what to do next (if offer of shaking hands accepted).

How many time have you extended your hand but the other person grabbed your wrist because they don't know how to do it, not part of their culture.

As a PM he should know how to greet people from other countries, don't forget that he took over the country with the army at his back, no previous knowledge of greeting people from other countries.

If he was a politician he would soon know the correct protocol.

Do you think Thaksin or his sister would have known the correct procedure? Of course they would just like any other proper politician.

• Like 1