Elon Musk says Twitter will offer 'amnesty' to suspended accounts

Scott

14 hours ago, SunnyinBangrak said:

No.

Whoever paid for gain of function research on bat coronaviruses at that lab DID cause the death of millions.

I imagine Musk is also playing with the ridiculous charges the left laid at Trump's feet, like this frequent claim - I am guessing one which you did not debunk with as much vigor as when Fauci is at the receiving end?

"Trump should face manslaughter charges for ‘reckless’ coronavirus conduct, ex-murder prosecutor says"

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-election-2020/trump-coronavirus-robert-gottlieb-murder-prosecutor-manslaughter-charges-covid-b1076725.html

Warning:  The following statement is from a legitimate source and is a coherent explanation of "gain of function" and its legitimate use.  Science-phobic people should not read:

"Gain-of-function (GOF) research involves experimentation that aims or is expected to (and/or, perhaps, actually does) increase the transmissibility and/or virulence of pathogens. Such research, when conducted by responsible scientists, usually aims to improve understanding of disease causing agents, their interaction with human hosts, and/or their potential to cause pandemics. The ultimate objective of such research is to better inform public health and preparedness efforts and/or development of medical countermeasures."  https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27502512/

Also, it the origins of the corona virus are still unclear.  The "escaped from a lab" conjecture is only one possibility.

• Like 1

More evidence of Musk's dedication to transparency:

Leaked email shows Musk threatened to sue Twitter employees who leak to media

A leaked email sent by Elon Musk to Twitter staff shows that he threatened to sue employees who leak confidential information to the media.

Musk's emails and other internal communications have repeatedly been leaked to media outlets since he bought the company in late October. The leaked email about leaks said Twitter will aggressively enforce non-disclosure agreements going forward.

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/12/leaked-email-shows-musk-threatened-to-sue-twitter-employees-who-leak-to-media/

• Like 1

Musk completely lost the plot.

4 things to know about the QAnon conspiracy theory ... QAnon adherents encourage those seeking the truth to “follow the White Rabbit,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/wp/2018/08/02/what-makes-qanon-so-scary/

"Elon Musk is now explicitly encouraging his 120 million followers to start following QAnon. Put differently, Elon Musk is encouraging his 120 million followers to join a domestic terrorism movement."

image.jpeg.eff763ded5c20935638e3f817f638ad9.jpeg

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1602578234926895104

Qanon posts in the twitter link:

"Yeah so QAnon fans have definitely noticed Elon Musk’s “follow the white rabbit” tweet and have already started connecting it to adrenochrome, Podesta, Hillary Clinton, child trafficking, Saudi Arabia, & more."

Just to add further confirmation here he's emphasizing the Q in his following tweet.

image.png.6844ffc03d4ea12c7aad7011887f6fca.png

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1602490333803139072

Edited by Bkk Brian

More evidence of Elon Musk's love of free speech:

Red-Pilled Elon Musk Still Loves the Chinese Communist Party

The Twitter owner may hate the left now, but he does admire Leninism.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2022/12/elon-musk-twitter-fauci-lab-leak-chinese-communist-party-tesla.html

As the article notes, Musk may blame Fauci for the consequences of gain-of-function research, but nowhere does he suggest that the Chinese govt and its labs are in any way responsible.

1 hour ago, chickenslegs said:

I'm not sure if you're joking but ...

image.jpeg.8bb0e8512894961a5d202b04262f0de5.jpeg

Why would I be joking if you read the entire thread of his posts and those I linked to including the Qanon posts that have already responded to his message

Examples of 4 Qanon posts in the twitter link below that are linking Musk's tweets directly to the conspiracies:

"Yeah so QAnon fans have definitely noticed Elon Musk’s “follow the white rabbit” tweet and have already started connecting it to adrenochrome, Podesta, Hillary Clinton, child trafficking, Saudi Arabia, & more."

Edited by Bkk Brian

Elon Musk Is Now Promoting QAnon

On Monday night, Elon Musk tweeted an explicit encouragement to his 121 million followers to look into the QAnon conspiracy movement, since 2018, the saying has become synonymous with QAnon and when pushers of the conspiracy urge others to look into the movement, the term “white rabbits” was mentioned on three different occasions in Q drops, twice in 2018 and once in 2019. This gave the term even more importance to the community, which believes Trump is waging a secret war against the deep state.

Within minutes of Musk’s tweet, QAnon communities on message boards, Telegram channels, on Trump’s Truth Social platform, and on Twitter itself, lit up with excitement, believing that the world’s richest man was sending them a direct message.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3pjkw/elon-musk-is-now-promoting-qanon

5 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Elon Musk Is Now Promoting QAnon

On Monday night, Elon Musk tweeted an explicit encouragement to his 121 million followers to look into the QAnon conspiracy movement, since 2018, the saying has become synonymous with QAnon and when pushers of the conspiracy urge others to look into the movement, the term “white rabbits” was mentioned on three different occasions in Q drops, twice in 2018 and once in 2019. This gave the term even more importance to the community, which believes Trump is waging a secret war against the deep state.

Within minutes of Musk’s tweet, QAnon communities on message boards, Telegram channels, on Trump’s Truth Social platform, and on Twitter itself, lit up with excitement, believing that the world’s richest man was sending them a direct message.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/y3pjkw/elon-musk-is-now-promoting-qanon

Good grief, people are unhinged and obsessed with this man.   'Follow the white rabbit' to anyone who has seen the Matrix means following an unlikely clue that leads to the truth, no matter how disconcerting it may be.    I have no idea who Qanon is or what they stand for but if someone was referring to following white rabbits I would assume they were referring to that scene in the Matrix, or perhaps even the book where it refers to following an opportunity to an extraordinary situation.   

I really think you need to find a less obsessive hobby than regurgitating leftist propaganda that your fellow obsessives have literally made up from thin air.   

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, James105 said:

Good grief, people are unhinged and obsessed with this man.   'Follow the white rabbit' to anyone who has seen the Matrix means following an unlikely clue that leads to the truth, no matter how disconcerting it may be.    I have no idea who Qanon is or what they stand for but if someone was referring to following white rabbits I would assume they were referring to that scene in the Matrix, or perhaps even the book where it refers to following an opportunity to an extraordinary situation.   

I really think you need to find a less obsessive hobby than regurgitating leftist propaganda that your fellow obsessives have literally made up from thin air.   

I'm not concerned whether you've heard of QAnon or not, however QAnon have lept for joy at this cryptic message and are linking it directly with their cause. Can it be taken other ways, of course it can but the way QAnon has taken it is clear:

"QAnon account Ultra Pepe Lives Matter, which has 214,580 followers, said: "At this rate, Elon is on pace to start posting Q drops to millions of normies (people with mainstream beliefs) and there's nothing anyone can do to stop him."

*Deleted post edited out*

I'll carry on sharing media news relevant to Musk without having to answer to you or anyone one else, whether you consider it leftist propaganda is of no concern to me. When we have the head of twitter sharing vile conspiracies about Fauci and now sending cryptic message about white rabbit and Q, what do you expect but for AQnon to now celebrate their new hero?

"Jordan Sather, another QAnon influencer with 83,860 followers, wrote: "DAMN BRUH Elon really gonna be exposing them pedo-satanists bruh! 'White Rabbit' = pedo cult symbology."

• Thanks 1

Musk Flirts With QAnon: He Attacks Fauci, Roth In Latest Shift To The Right

Billionaire Elon Musk veered toward extremism in a series of tweets this weekend that suggested White House Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci should be prosecuted and that former Twitter safety chief Yoel Roth endorsed child sexualization, aligning himself with right-wing factions of the party he has increasingly embraced in recent years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/12/13/elon-musk-tests-the-waters-of-extremism-in-attacking-fauci-roth-in-latest-shift-to-the-right

14 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Musk Flirts With QAnon: He Attacks Fauci, Roth In Latest Shift To The Right

Billionaire Elon Musk veered toward extremism in a series of tweets this weekend that suggested White House Medical Advisor Dr. Anthony Fauci should be prosecuted and that former Twitter safety chief Yoel Roth endorsed child sexualization, aligning himself with right-wing factions of the party he has increasingly embraced in recent years.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/saradorn/2022/12/13/elon-musk-tests-the-waters-of-extremism-in-attacking-fauci-roth-in-latest-shift-to-the-right

Right, so just because Qanon are against child exploitation then Musk supports Qanon?   This is your point?   Does that mean everyone who is against child exploitation is also a Qanon supporter?   Where do you stand on child exploitation - with Qanon or against them?  

2 minutes ago, James105 said:

Right, so just because Qanon are against child exploitation then Musk supports Qanon?   This is your point?   Does that mean everyone who is against child exploitation is also a Qanon supporter?   Where do you stand on child exploitation - with Qanon or against them?  

The point is clearly laid out in the article are you not articulate enough to read it? By the way 56% of Republicans believe that QAnon is mostly or partly true.

The point being on child exploitation Roth did not endorse this and is getting falsely accused by Musk

Edited by Bkk Brian

1 hour ago, Bkk Brian said:

The point is clearly laid out in the article are you not articulate enough to read it? By the way 56% of Republicans believe that QAnon is mostly or partly true.

The point being on child exploitation Roth did not endorse this and is getting falsely accused by Musk

I read what you posted here.   If the snippet isn't clear enough then perhaps do better?  

Besides, I have read about Roth.  He endorsed allowing under 18 year olds to use a gay hook up app in a paper he wrote with the reasoning that they use it anyway.   Most normal minded people who care about the safeguarding of children would advocate tighter verification standards for something like Grindr rather than allowing them in its shark infested waters.   If Roth is a user of that app (and the fact he is writing a paper on it suggests he is) and he wants kids to be on it, then what conclusions are people supposed to draw from what he wrote exactly?    Musk is right on this.   

35 minutes ago, James105 said:

I read what you posted here.   If the snippet isn't clear enough then perhaps do better?  

Besides, I have read about Roth.  He endorsed allowing under 18 year olds to use a gay hook up app in a paper he wrote with the reasoning that they use it anyway.   Most normal minded people who care about the safeguarding of children would advocate tighter verification standards for something like Grindr rather than allowing them in its shark infested waters.   If Roth is a user of that app (and the fact he is writing a paper on it suggests he is) and he wants kids to be on it, then what conclusions are people supposed to draw from what he wrote exactly?    Musk is right on this.   

Elon Musk smeared Twitter's former head of trust and safety by baselessly claiming he supports child sexualization

The research paper is about Grindr, the location-based social networking app, targeted at  LGBTQ+ people. In the excerpt Musk posted, Roth advocated for social platforms like Grindr to become safe spaces for queer youth under the age of 18.

Roth wrote that Grindr is not "a safe and age-appropriate resource for teenagers," but since queer youth already use it, such platforms "should instead focus on crafting safety strategies that can accommodate a wide variety of use cases."

https://news.yahoo.com/elon-musk-smeared-twitters-former-114621311.html

• Like 2

Well, that's it for Twitter, now it's just another lunatic fringe chat site.  That this bozo spent $44 billion to purchase it is another matter: yeah, he ain't going to starve, but as someone who heads publicly-held companies he will definitely lose investor confidence.

He is definitely winning the attention war currently, you can't access a news page without that smiling chimpanzee face. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, James105 said:

You just said you had no idea who Q anon was.

Are you going to follow Elon on this? Do you believe him? If not, why are you commenting?

4 hours ago, bendejo said:

Well, that's it for Twitter, now it's just another lunatic fringe chat site.  That this bozo spent $44 billion to purchase it is another matter: yeah, he ain't going to starve, but as someone who heads publicly-held companies he will definitely lose investor confidence.

He is definitely winning the attention war currently, you can't access a news page without that smiling chimpanzee face.

I can hear the footfalls of the advertisers running for the exits and the scratching of quills on paper as TSLA sue Musk for reputational harm derived from advertising on Twitter.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It's even greatly impacting Tesla! Thanks to his antics Tesla is now being branded as a RIGHT WING car company. Nobody in their right mind wants their car company to be linked to any kind of political ideology if they hope to be more than a niche company.

The stock was ~$380 before he announced the buyout in April, by the end of that month it was $280, today it's around $150.  Anyone else spot a trend?

Maybe he has the aptitude in science and engineering.  And of course where his own skills are insufficient he can bring in qualified people.  As for business sense he appears to have had luck on his side, but the winds are shifting.  Only a few of these tech geniuses succeed in taking on the leadership of the business, the truly smart ones know when it's time to hand it off, like the two original google guys.  Zuckerburg is out of his league, betting the company on a technology that does not exist yet -- very 1998, is this his idea of time travel?  :tongue:

As for this guy, laying a $44 billion egg, in a very public spotlight, is something he'll always have to carry, save if he dons a cape and flies up to stop a meteor heading toward Earth.  Now he's going into celebrity.  If he had more business sense than ego he would sell the car company before he damages the brand even further.  I'm reluctant to call what he's doing politics, it's more like pranking.  

As I've pointed out several times, technologically Twitter does not require a special sauce for what it does, I suspect that someone who wanted to build a similar app (and server system) could find the talent out there fairly easily, and probably begin with available open source tech.  There is no solid gold formula secured in a vault somewhere, like google's search algorithm.  I would think there are people working away at this very moment on what they hope will be Twitter's replacement; they could probably start out using AWS until they scale up.

Thanks to his antics Tesla is now being branded as a RIGHT WING car company.

Watching the election night returns a few weeks ago the announcers were differentiating GOP candidates from MAGA candidates.  I was impressed. 

Electric vehicles can be said to be anti-Maga:

Trump's Attempt to Sabotage Electric Car Growth Challenged by Bipartisanship

and on the grass roots level

https://futurism.com/the-byte/vandals-are-stuffing-meat-into-electric-vehicle-charging-stations

• Like 1

There is already that more politically neutral alternative to Twitter -- Mastadon.

But Twitter is a big name. It will take a lot to kill it but it now appears Musk is bending over backwards to do just that.

Funny you mention Meta. I think their stock is a good buy now! 

Musk writing his own policies on the fly and for his own benefit. Free speech unless you track oligarchs & billionaires. Even though its already publicly available data

This from early Feb 2022

Teen rejects Elon Musk's $5,000 offer to shut down jet tracker

A 19-year-old Florida university student and aviation enthusiast says he rejected a $5,000 offer from Elon Musk to shut down @ElonJet, a Twitter bot he designed that tracks the comings and goings of the Tesla and SpaceX CEO's private jet.

In an interview Monday, Jack Sweeney, a University of Central Florida freshman, reported that Musk blocked him after he declined the buyout offer — but not before the two had a month-and-a-half-long dialogue.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/teen-rejects-elon-musks-5000-offer-shut-jet-tracker-rcna14256

Fast forward to last night:

image.png.784c6eddfa7f38f9b8c4995dace39bb2.png

How much of a delay? 10 minutes? An hour? A week?

So the people who were following Navalny's plane and posting its location when he was returning to Russia after being poisoned would have all been at risk of being suspended under this new policy.

What about Iranian sanctions-busting vessels?

image.png.bc5d2090bf5f710ca25cbbd9c32b5ee0.png

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1603123643948613634

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Musk claimed that the info on the account could endanger him. But to his way of thinking, it's perfectly OK to endanger Yael Roth by spreading falsehoods about him and inciting anti-gay bigots.

Exactly Musk the billionaire has plenty of body guards in his employment that follow him everywhere. Yael has to move house