Refusing delivery on a cod item

poppysdad

Between Xmas and new year I ordered an item from a manufacturer on the Lazada app to come from China and following tracking it’s now arrived in our local Flash depot so probably out for delivery tomorrow. 

However, around lunchtime I received a notification from the manufacturer via the Lazada app that I can now order the item for just over 9000 baht, when I ordered it was 10500. This has angered me, and no it’s not from a different seller, it’s the manufacturer. I haven’t either received or paid for the item yet and now it’s 1500 baht cheaper so can I simply refuse to accept delivery and leave Flash with the problem of returning unpaid to sender. I then can  reorder at the new lower price if I feel I still want to deal with this manufacturer who feels it’s good marketing policy to send a purchaser a promo of a lower price when he’s not yet received original purchase. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Just say no,

But you might lose the ability to pay CoD for a while.

I guess the seller can raise (or lower) prices, e.g. around the holidays when demand is higher. You could refuse delivery, but as BritManToo pointed out, the seller may not be pleased, and might refuse COD next time.

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeymaus said:

I guess they are as helpless as you. They can only ask the delivery companies and believe what they are told. I had a very, very bad experience recently... After many complaints I felt sorry for them. They always tried to be nice. 

Mickey,  here's an example from today's discussion with the seller of a smartwatch I just received with No Manual IN THE BOX ...    that's how stupid their answers are ....

image.png.a8b2d7357a2573a80d72f3884fec6909.png

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Like what you see the rating of the sellers as a buyer, sellers also see your rating as a buyer.

Refusing COD for international shipping and having it returned to seller in China will incur quite some costs to the seller - as well as to Flash for processing and then re-claiming importing duties, taxes, and so on.

Of course you can do it. I just wish the 1.5k cheaper seller fails to tell you that you'll have to do your own customs clearance, ending up costing you 5x the price difference.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tomazbodner said:

Like what you see the rating of the sellers as a buyer, sellers also see your rating as a buyer.

Refusing COD for international shipping and having it returned to seller in China will incur quite some costs to the seller - as well as to Flash for processing and then re-claiming importing duties, taxes, and so on.

Of course you can do it. I just wish the 1.5k cheaper seller fails to tell you that you'll have to do your own customs clearance, ending up costing you 5x the price difference.

I would not deliver to him anymore. I guess if he is the seller he wouldn't be amused too. According Lazada 

1 . Sellers can report UNFAIR BUYER REVIEWS through the Seller Center.

2. Offensive chat messages can be escalated to PARTNER SUPPORT
 3. When the buyer has High Failed Delivery Rates and Returns, COD option can be
 removed from from the Checkout page. This can be requested through Customer Care.
 4. Buyers can be Blacklisted on Lazada when they have HIGH CANCELLATION RATES

• Like 1

Nodisplayname, I think it’s very poor marketing policy to contact a customer who has yet to receive his order that it’s now 1500 baht cheaper for everyone else, he actually went out of his way to send me the message. Yes I agree that had I had the product a few days you would be correct and I would happily live with it. I did contact him and the reply was simply “sorry dear” which sounds very patronising to me. So if he can reduce it by that amount he can also take the loss on delivery costs and I’ll order from another company. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Pitak Chirachat said:

You don't return it because they will not refund you

They will refund you. 

I once bought a microwave at my local BigC (5 minutes walking distance from my place or 1 minute by songthaew) for 1990. 5 days later they reduced it to 1490. Hmmm. BigC will refund within 7 days, no questions asked.

So i could bring back my microwave and buy the same one again,  saved 500.

Did I do it or not? Feel free to guess.

2 hours ago, poppysdad said:

Nodisplayname, I think it’s very poor marketing policy to contact a customer who has yet to receive his order that it’s now 1500 baht cheaper for everyone else, he actually went out of his way to send me the message. Yes I agree that had I had the product a few days you would be correct and I would happily live with it. I did contact him and the reply was simply “sorry dear” which sounds very patronising to me. So if he can reduce it by that amount he can also take the loss on delivery costs and I’ll order from another company. 

Are you sure the seller "went out of his way" to contact you personally about this offer?  Or do you think it more likely the promotion was a mass mailing sent to everyone in the seller's customer list?

"Sorry dear" is probably a poor machine translation.  If Chinese, and not the Thai importer selling on Lazada, they would be used to using (qin) when speaking with their Taobao customers online, which can translate as "dear," like in "dear customer."

• Like 2

Much incorrect posted here. We bought for average 10-15k monthly until last year.

We declined 20+ packages due to courier always attempt delivery late evening, even courier know we never at home evenings, written on parcel, in thai.

We proved to Lazada (photos) that a certain courier company had 5-10 delivery staff in our area from 10 am, so no excuse for attempt delivery to us 10+ hours later.

We had also politely requested each driver to deliver early, since they obviously was in our area since morning.

Yes lazada always called and asked why we declined, but we was never penalized or unable to order again.

Requested Lazada many times to implement time slot for delivery eg 10-14,  14-18, after 1800.

Finally had enough last year with crappy frustrating delivery service, when also Kerry started to attempt delivery late evening.

No more orders. Done.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1