No cotton garments in Thailand?

CanadaSam

In almost every tropical country I've been to, they use mostly cotton material for garments, because it is "breathable" and keeps you cool.

But in Thailand, everywhere I go, I find (even in expensive brand name shops in malls) 100% polyester, or nylon, or some other synthetic material used in all garments, which is definately not breathable, and makes you unnecessarily sweat and stink.

I'm at my wits end!  I need to add to my wardrobe, and only want cotton shirts, pants, etc.

Can ANYBODY tell me where I can get cotton attire?

I'm in Pattaya, but willing to travel.

Thank You!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

In almost every tropical country I've been to, they use mostly cotton material for garments, because it is "breathable" and keeps you cool.

Cotton met its match in this century.  The newer synthetics are much better for staying cool in this climate.

It's hard to find here, but linen is actually much cooler than cotton.  Once you get used to the wrinkled look, it looks better than the synthetics.

My favorite shirt is a waffle weave synthetic.  It keeps the sun off but lets the air through to so the evaporation cools me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any good shop  in Robinson  or central will have cotton. I’ve seen loads of cotton t shirts, usually Reebok or Nike etc. Never had a problem myself.  Lots of people choose synthetics because either they are cheaper, or easier to wash/ iron. Cotton bermudas etc can also be found in the malls in sports shops, like The North Face. Maybe decathlon. Wash with good quality detergent too. Helps . 
Another option is bamboo Lyocell which is natural. Ive got  three dresses in it and I can go round bangkok all day ,  sit in taxis, and still look great.

• Thanks 1