GOP targets drag shows with new bills in at least 14 states

onthedarkside

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Lots of normal people, including lots of people from the mainstream left, don't want drag queens for their children.

Only radical minded people call anybody who is not in their corner "rightwingers".

And they all have the right not to take their kids to drag shows.

It’s the ‘rightwing’ passing these laws to control other people’s choices.

Hence ‘rightwingers’.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There are also lots of gogo bars in Phuket. Lots of people go there. It's just entertainment. 

If I would have children, I wouldn't take them to drag shows or ladyboy shows or gogo bars.

But in the theoretical game that I would have to take them somewhere then I would take them to the gogo bars. Sexy real girls are a lot more natural than men who pretend to be women.

Terrible comparison, go go bars provide a lot more than visual entertainment for men waiting to bar fine the girls and some of their shows are far more graphic than any ladyboy show.  

In fact just last week I dropped off my daughter (15) to meet up with her friends near Bangla Road for a lazer tag venue. I expressly told her not to venture into Bangla as it was not the place for teen girls, I picked her up from Jungceylon in the evening.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/over-200k-being-spent-on-drag-queen-shows-at-nyc-schools/

These shows are at the school. Who in their right mind thinks this is fine for young kids?

Is that you backing down from the baseless claims I called you out on?

What the NYP claims and what is reality are not necessarily the same thing.

Their use of emotionally loaded language is a clue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, EVENKEEL said:

Things are different here in Thailand. They learn from an early age that there are boys that act like girls and so on. They aren't indoctrinated on the subject. TV shows have the wacky looking ladyboy.

At a restaurant I asked my 11 yr old about the worker. Man or woman, she giggled and said man lady. ahahaa   They don't need story books or drag shows here to educate them, it's a part of natural life here.

When she's 15 I doubt I'll drop her off near Walking Street to play with her friends.

Yes things are different here in Thailand, they are more accepting of ladyboy shows without the need to scream and charge parents with a crime if they take their kids to one. Just as it should be in the US

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Is that you backing down from the baseless claims I called you out on?

The examples are endless, so sad some hate the GOP so much their judgement gets clouded.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/drag-queen-story-hour-graders-philadelphia-school-outrages-parents

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The use of emotionally loaded language is generally a sign that the person has no rational or logical argument to make and thus resorts to abusive language or otherwise nonsensical inflammatory comments.

Here are some examples from this very thread. Of course there is no such thing as the "American fascist party" although the party that tried creating a ministry of truth headed up by a known laptop denier to continue punishing and censoring truth and forcing a self serving false narrative on Americans is close to fascism. And the last one is amusing. I often see prominent posters of the extreme left persuasion here mis-gendering Lyndsey Graham. Always the way isn't it. I can't remember ever having seen a conservative poster resort to abuse when their argument goes down the swanny. Lyndsey Graham - frequently mis-gendered by abusive posters. Michelle Obama - never mis-gendered. Food for thought...

"The GOP is all about anti LGBT all the time. Just like Putin. Fascists think alike."

"It's one of these fake issues the American fascist party promotes as important because they have no interest in addressing real problems."

"Well, there goes Lindsey Graham's side hustle.  I bet he does a great Blanche du Bois."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

https://nypost.com/2022/06/11/over-200k-being-spent-on-drag-queen-shows-at-nyc-schools/

These shows are at the school. Who in their right mind thinks this is fine for young kids?

The article there deals mostly with drag artists who are reading stories from a pre approved list. Not that shocking at all. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EVENKEEL said:

What do you think a drag queen show is going to do to the minds of young children? You seem to confuse sexually explicit or suggestive shows with shows where men are dressed as women.

Small children will just think of this as being silly and funny.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I think it’s perhaps better if you don’t go down the argument of taking kids to gogo bars being an acceptable alternative to you.

Oh, too late, you already did.

Which part is so difficult to understand for you.

I clearly wrote: "If I would have children, I wouldn't take them to drag shows or ladyboy shows or gogo bars."

And then I wrote that if I have to choose the lesser evil then I would prefer to bring the kids to gogo bars. Because in gogo bars they see girls in sexy girl clothes.

In the other places there are men in the same clothes.

What is worse: When kids see girls in sexy girls clothes or men in sexy girls clothes?

3d30be290545c433c19a31933166ed48.jpg.41554660d684beb0f10f0df141e927fa.jpg

or

14635770587_e6ff5a5cea_b.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

It’s pushed into the limelight by the rightwing in their search for culture war battles.

Or did you miss that bit?

Every time someone objects to extreme left wing ideology being rammed down the throats of normal, moderate people you label it as the "right wing" inventing a culture war.

Totally disingenuous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Every time someone objects to extreme left wing ideology being rammed down the throats of normal, moderate people you label it as the "right wing" inventing a culture war.

Totally disingenuous.

The laws being discussed have been passed by ‘rightwing’ legislators.

Hence ‘rightwing’.

This isn’t only a rightwing culture war game play, it’s also an example of the rightwing accusation of ‘cancel culture’ being what so many rightwing accusations are, a confession.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I clearly wrote: "If I would have children, I wouldn't take them to drag shows or ladyboy shows or gogo bars."

And then I wrote that if I have to choose the lesser evil then I would prefer to bring the kids to gogo bars. Because in gogo bars they see girls in sexy girl clothes.

What is worse: When kids see girls in sexy girls clothes or men in sexy girls clothes?

or

I disagree, if there "had" to be a choice to take children to see a show then taking them to glorified whore house with men waiting to pay for sex or a ladyboy cabaret is a no brainier

image.png.22f6f5b8be98cff2042f5c4038cff746.png

Source

image.png.0e21710b2eeb88eb5fca7ed2e2886db3.png

Source

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

or

Are you claiming that this is how drag queens dress when they go to schools?  Does the photo you include here link to a site that provides evidence to support that? 

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Should parents take their children also to strip shows?

Ever been to Walking Street in Pattaya?

European families, with pre-teen kids, going into the open-front girlie/dance bars, posing for pics with katoeys on the street. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

I disagree, if there "had" to be a choice to take children to see a show then taking them to glorified whore house with men waiting to pay for sex or a ladyboy cabaret is a no brainier

image.png.22f6f5b8be98cff2042f5c4038cff746.png

Source

image.png.0e21710b2eeb88eb5fca7ed2e2886db3.png

Source

So you call a gogo bar a glorified whore house.

But with the ladyboy cabaret you pretend that they do the show and nothing else will possibly happen.

I am not sure if you are ignorant on purpose or you have no idea about real life.

And yes, it's a no-brainer. I prefer real girls any day.

• Sad 1