Controversy over Lisa’s tattoos shows misogynistic, outdated mindset

webfact

1 minute ago, rwill said:

I see lots of women in Thailand with tatoos.  Specially the religious ones that are supposed to protect you.

Correct, however the majority of keyboard warriors wouldn't know that as most of them have only spent 5 minutes in Thailand, or spend all their day well away from the real Thailand people. 

• Like 1

Misogyny I don't think so.

Both my daughters and my son have tattoo's and I hate them equally.

Against my better advice they all did it, but hey their bodies they can do want they want, they're all adults.

But did I treat my daughters differently to my son, No

4 hours ago, digger70 said:

What reason it that? So if some Females in your Family have some Ink ,even if it's covered up they are Tramps?

Don't degrade people by there appearance, that just shows what sort of a person you are. (It ain't a good person)

Because it looks trampy to those who don’t think the appearance is appealing or appropriate. It’s not a matter of degradation, it’s an option. Intolerance of another’s opinion is a prejudice of its own. What other opinions or beliefs of others that make the above poster, to feel uncomfortable enough to hurl incendiaries? I have many friends with tattoos and or hairy grungy heads and faces, it doesn’t bother me one bit, it just looks freaking goofy and silly to me because it’s an ornamental show to be a part of some kind of “In Thing”. Just freaking goofy ????. My opinion ????

Edited by novacova

2 hours ago, novacova said:

Because it looks trampy to those who don’t think the appearance is appealing or appropriate. It’s not a matter of degradation, it’s an option. Intolerance of another’s opinion is a prejudice of its own. What other opinions or beliefs of others that make the above poster, to feel uncomfortable enough to hurl incendiaries? I have many friends with tattoos and or hairy grungy heads and faces, it doesn’t bother me one bit, it just looks freaking goofy and silly to me because it’s an ornamental show to be a part of some kind of “In Thing”. Just freaking goofy ????. My opinion ????

What it looks to you is your prerogative. Blasting sht about people because of your views is silly.

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Apparently it is a trend these days... It is almost very hard to find someone who doesn't have a tattoo.. I don't like tattoos, but that is my taste... In the past people with tattoos were sailors and people with a not so decent history....Indeed if you had a tattoo work in general was very difficult to get.. Nowadays things changed, but I am still wondering why people want to mutilate themselves.. I saw in a bankoffice a very goodlooking boy , but tattoos on his hands and who knows where else...It such a pity because when they get older maybe they regret it and tattoos are forever... Not my kind of taste, but who want can do I don't mind... So girls with tattoos, not my kind of girls, but if they are happy with it.... 

tat.jpg

tat1.jpg

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, digger70 said:

What reason it that? So if some Females in your Family have some Ink ,even if it's covered up they are Tramps?

Don't degrade people by there appearance, that just shows what sort of a person you are. (It ain't a good person)

Lots of heavily-inked cheap northeast girls in the bars of Thailand. You'll be fine - happy hunting. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, proton said:

I'm a fan and in my 70's ???? She's a great role model for girls though, ambitious, incredibly hard working to get where she is, learning new languages and cultures not much old than 12, millions in the bank, she's certainly lived her dream. Just a pity about the ink job. 

... and just a tweak here and there:

image.jpeg.ebd16ce5da58a7dd58d1e564306a4da9.jpeg

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Misogynistic? How? So if a Thai lady makes a comment about tatoos, it's misogynistic? I don't care if people have tattoos or not, but the author of the article clearly has some pent up issues ????

No sure about pent up, more like f uped. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Artisi said:

Correct, however the majority of keyboard warriors wouldn't know that as most of them have only spent 5 minutes in Thailand, or spend all their day well away from the real Thailand people. 

On the contrary, many have lived here 15-20 - 25 - 30 years, seldom or never in bars, and have a refined taste in what is beautiful.

What's the hype about Lisa anyway??? 

Many better looking girls in this country - without tattoo.

Edited by Shop mak
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, SABloke said:

Misogynistic? How? So if a Thai lady makes a comment about tatoos, it's misogynistic? I don't care if people have tattoos or not, but the author of the article clearly has some pent up issues ????

It's trendy these days to throw isms and phobias about when you don't like what someone has said.

It saves having to make any real kind of argument against your opponent. If you can successfully label something as sexist, misogynistic, racist, homophobic, etc., then it's just wrong and bad.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, SuperSilverHaze said:

I think it's mainly about taste and aesthetics. Most tatted up people have chosen ugly tattoos that worse yet age poorly.

The problem is that tattoos are generally like a fashion accessory, often acquired with the idea that they complement the persons body and make them look more sexually attractive.

A tattoo that once looked sexy, snaked around a man's bulging shoulder or bicep or peeking out from some part of a woman's slender figure, becomes almost a mockery; a haunting reminder if what time can do to a young and attractive body.

Then you have the fashion angle. A tattoo that looks good on a young body, might not look so good on an aged body. And of course a faded and sagging tattoo looks good on no one.

Whether they look right at the time or not, there seems to be reasonable grounds for getting them removed before you get too old.

• Thumbs Up 1