You can take the girl out of the bar, but can you take the bar out of the girl?

Goat

4 hours ago, Goat said:

Well I do mate, I just want to hear other people's thoughts. 

From what I have seen the smartest bargirls dont need to leave Thailand at all.

They either rack up a posse of foreign sponsors sending money over monthly or even convince the punter to move up to issan with them and build them a house, "take care" of extended family etc

Others are probably happy to leave Thailand as they think they can "re invent" themselves.

You left out : the ones that quickly copy farang girl ways of total theft of all your stuff and beyond.... 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Christ was not involved. I was a little older than her but still young and handsome. And there was and is no money involved apart from expenses for life. 

i thought you said previously you paid her monthly, how does she save money for the future or support her family?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, xylophone said:

I feel sorry about some of the responses you've got from your post, just as you said you would, however, kudos to you for posting and giving some background as to your marriage/partnership, and long may it continue – – best of luck to you both.

I reckon there are posters here that do exactly what they are having a go at, this is LOS, after all......????

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

It depends on the gal, and it really depends in how long she was in the business. Many of us think there is a sort of sliding scale of psychologocal damage.

Up to 150 men, no big deal. I think an awful lot of women in the West have that number beat, despite the low numbers they often quote. 

150-500 men she is experienced, but will likely be fine.

500-1000 men (very common here, though also common for a civilian in the US too!) is approaching the point where there might be some permament damage. Depends on the depth of heart. 

1000-2000 men, and there is likely to be long term bitterness towards men.

2000 men and over is (ATW) what we refer to as "around the world". Little chance of being able to engage emotionally in a healthy manner, ever again. There are likely exceptions. But not many.

It might as well come down to the nature of the establishment and experience forced sex, rape and other type of abuse, not really a number thing. Most bars I frequently visited in Thailand, the girls I got to know for a longer time not as customer, maybe had one to three customers a week, and often long term holiday boy friends. Some others was experts in short times, and was typical adhd or had other mental challenges and was not to work long hours in bar waiting with no action, or had much patience with customers. The new innocent younger pretty girls came and went quick as customers took them out of bar rather quick. Some came back, most didn't. 

There is not one easy answer based on numbers, but the individual and their back ground as their mental health as well social intelligence.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Goat said:

Tiktok? You play Tiktok?

isnt that for teenagers?

No, I don't play with tiktok or any other social media. But I read the news and it's impossible not to know about the existence of this trend and the fact that many teenagers love it. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No, I don't play with tiktok or any other social media. But I read the news and it's impossible not to know about the existence of this trend and the fact that many teenagers love it. 

Facebook 'reels' is full of obviously underage Thai girls prancing around barely dressed.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i regularly hear stories of Thai wives or girlfriends left with nothing when the farang dies, probably the farang is too disorganised or maybe on the drink

It also depends on how much money the farang has. Some have just enough to live here and now. But the girls should be aware of that. It's their choice.

And if the girls are considerably younger than the guys then maybe they have to work when he dies - just like most other people.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure about taking the bar out of either the woman or punter.

A sociobiologist like E.O. Wilson, or a scientist like Robert Sapolsky might argue that instinct, genetics and upbringing guide us and remove any semblance of free will. We behave as we are, and most always will continue to do so.

There is something I used to find unfair in polite society, and maybe I still do. A mother taking care of her child---the proverbial Madonna---is viewed with praise and admiration, while a man who is a serial dallier is viewed as a cad or somehow immoral. The fact is, the exact same instinct drives both behaviors.

The purpose of life is more life. We are driven to propagate our gene pool. Women become 'maternal' because of the effort it takes to produce even one offspring. They must take care of it, lest it not survive. Women have an extremely limited number of chances to propagate. Most women thus "love" a small bundle of flesh and bones that eats, sleeps, cries, poops and throws up. Hardly qualities that would make a rational person fall in love. Certainly a grown man behaving so is not going to attract many women.

Men can spread their seed far and wide, but there is always the possibility it's someone else' seed that gifted the 23 chromosomes. Thus men will spread their seed as often as the opportunity arises, playing a numbers game that maybe theirs is the lucky spermazoa. Most men control the urge to seed spread, or at least go through the motions of spreading it, but many do not and polite society shuns them if they're mongers.

There is no difference. Instinct is instinct. It is the noble man who resists temptation, while a nurturing mother is just following instinct and really deserves no praise for what it makes her do.

• Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It depends on what you expect.

If I would look for someone to administer a database or manage a company then the legs and smile are not enough.

If I look for a pretty girl who smiles at me when I come back from work, then she looks about right. Let's concentrate on the important things in life. 

I'm sure you know I was being facetious.

The face and smile were enough...legs all the way to Buriram is just frosting on the cake.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

i regularly hear stories of Thai wives or girlfriends left with nothing when the farang dies, probably the farang is too disorganised or maybe on the drink

So you're suggesting your disorganization and boozing doesn't bother anyone else.

Is this another benefit of singlehood?

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Just look at the guys who have failed relationships,

Jeff Bezos, Bill gates, Rod Stewart, Paul McCartney, KIng Charles, Prince Andrew, Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp .......

You haven't put ..You & Me on that list, & probably 98% of Asean readers.....

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

Define nothing..... Are we talking she has a house that's paid for and a car or 2 but no income or are we talking they were renting and he had a small pension.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, scubascuba3 said:

When I die, then she will inherit enough for the rest of her life.

Same here but I have not told her. Lest my natural life could end sooner than expected ????

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

So you're suggesting your disorganization and boozing doesn't bother anyone else.

Is this another benefit of singlehood?

Being single is great, i recommend it, rather than have a fake girlfriend or wife but i appreciate many men get lonely and need to drag a girl around everywhere, as for drink, not too much for me, sorry to disappoint you

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

Define nothing..... Are we talking she has a house that's paid for and a car or 2 but no income or are we talking they were renting and he had a small pension.

it varies, can be no will, so no transfer of assets, no income from pension, i put it down to drinkers not being able to organise things properly plus having little money left

12 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

I know several the issue lies in where you live.  If you take them from a Pattaya bar and after, live in Pattaya I believe it is doomed.  They have too many contacts male and female.  Their friends beg them to go out and party.  Once that starts, tough to recover.

If you can live in a nuetral place possibly even away from her family, I think there is a chance.

But most want to be near family so that creates a whole different dynamic.

The attention, drinking/partying with friends, lots of sex and making great money are difficult to get away from.

Very very risky for marriage.

"A whole different dynamic".

I think you nailed it there.

Yes, many scenarios arise.

If you value your partner it can work out good.????????

• Thumbs Up 1