Did your Electric bill this month double?

Fred Ziffel

8 hours ago, PeeJayEm said:
15 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Why do people like to bang on about how cheap it is compared to the UK

In my case, I'm trying to understand what it is about market and commercial structures in UK that make it 5 times as expensive to the end consumer than in Thailand when the fuels cost the same at source.  I suspect profit and tax taken at every interface in the supply chain.  The Thailand model seems massively

more efficient - so worth trying to understand it.  No?

Feel free to start a thread dedicated to your search for truth back in the UK. There's a whole Home Country sub forum just waiting for your contribution.

But here's a something to be going on with regarding the UK's higher energy prices. Old and inefficient power distribution networks, housing stock with inadequate insulation (hot and cold, old and new)... and +12 years of the Tory's willfully hosing their fellow man while being unable to agree on and develop a sustainable energy plan for the future.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

My bill was up from 260bht to 360bht due to aircon use. 

Still, 3.7bht/unit not that bad. 

IMG_20230426_104641.jpg

Is this the bill for an outside toilet? You don't have a refrigerator, any fans, any other electrical devices? Pumps? Lights? WiFi? CCTV? Internet routers? The amount you've consumed is what my house consumes when there's nobody living there.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Is this the bill for an outside toilet? You don't have a refrigerator, any fans, any other electrical devices? Pumps? Lights? WiFi? CCTV? Internet routers? The amount you've consumed is what my house consumes when there's nobody living there.

I've got solar power for most of my home (9x 340w).

Only the aircon, showers and cooker work off the grid. 

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

Our bill was about the same as last year's according to the meter reading the night before, about 1100 kwh or thereabouts. But the solar also made around 400+ units too.

So would have been a considerable increase.

We haven't had a finalised bill yet as they think somethings amiss with the readings. 555.

Perhaps someone has seen something they shouldn't have...eeek

I don't know if the relief will be short lived, but our daily usage is heading back down towards our normal 30kWh after peaking at double that.

As noted in an earlier post, our habits haven't altered, just the weather.

image.png.6983e990b30285594ff1afcad9f1c45e.png

• Like 1

On 4/24/2023 at 6:36 PM, MJCM said:

How the ..... did you come to that conclusion??

VAT is still the same at 7%

Ft Charge was still the same at 0,93430 THB per UNit

Edit: Electricity prices (basic) haven't changed (AFAIK) since November 2015 (the only thing changed / added since then is the Ft (Fuel surcharge) )

PEA-ElectricityTariffs.pdf 1021.26 kB · 1 download

Our bill was still 4.2 baht per unit but all other costs had doubled. That’s how I ……… came to that conclusion 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, deansy1972 said:

Our bill was still 4.2 baht per unit but all other costs had doubled. That’s how I ……… came to that conclusion 

Please can you post a scan of your current bill and one you are comparing with?

The only recent changes have been Ft (and an Ft rebate for low users). If "other costs" are doubling you may have a billing issue.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Please can you post a scan of your current bill and one you are comparing with?

The only recent changes have been Ft (and an Ft rebate for low users). If "other costs" are doubling you may have a billing issue.

I’m not in Thailand at the moment. I’ll see if the wife can send them

• Like 1

Just checked my records.  This month this year, 5401 Baht; last month this year, 3689 = UP 46%,

This month this year, 5401, compared to the same month last year, 3884 = UP 39%.

So, far from doubled.  We have 4 a/c units:  two of which are inverters.

Edited by LarryLEB
  • Confused 1