Thai-Finnish couple suspected of pimping for decades

webfact

9 minutes ago, GregBow said:

My maths is off. How is since 2014 decades?

Please understand that Asean Now does not make up the headlines on the OP's.

17. The ASEAN NOW news team gathers and disseminates news bulletins from Thai and international sources, and republishes them in the news forums for our members' information and enjoyment. Our news team works hard to bring quality content to the news forums and should be respected for their efforts...................................Original articles, especially in the Thai or foreign language press can sometimes have grammatical mistakes or misspellings. ASEAN NOW is not responsible for these nor does ASEAN NOW have the right to alter content it is reprinting from another source. Similarly, ASEAN NOW is not responsible for any opinions reflected or quoted in reprinted news stories.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, webfact said:

A Thai-Finnish couple in their 60’s is suspected of running a prostitution-ring through Thai massage parlors

I'm sure there would be 

Thai - Australian 

Thai - British 

Thai - American 

Thai - Canadian 

And so on couples doing the same thing. 

It's a good earner, Thai massage parlors 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Just an extension it appears of the Massage places here in country and then the ones I have seen in other places throughout Asia.  As the linked article expands on the OP, I did not realize that prostitution was legal in Finland. 

Yet this, clipped from the article, caught my eye since many of the Thai ladies involved had gone to Finland where they were married or been in a relationship and then when it went belly up well they turned to sex work.  Sad.

"Many of them had originally come to Finland because of marriage or relationships".

"The woman turned to sex work when their financial situation deteriorated after these relationships broke up. They lacked education and language skills that would have helped them get other kinds of work."

“Such exclusion from society is quite common among Thai sex workers in Finland. The Interior Ministry published a report on their status in Finland 15 years ago. The situation has not improved much since then,” the detective said.

"since many of the Thai ladies involved had gone to Finland where they were married or been in a relationship and then when it went belly up well they turned to sex work.".......

I don't feel bad for them. They weren't being forced. They could have returned to their home country at any time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JoePai said:

Nothing new e.g. look at the Thai massage shops in the UK

Another such well-reported (by ABC Australia) prostitution-ring with Thai lasses can be found along Australia's East Coast, with unofficial broth*** in Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, etc. 

Edited by StayinThailand2much

44 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Another such well-reported (by ABC Australia) prostitution-ring with Thai lasses can be found along Australia's East Coast, with unofficial broth*** in Cairns, Townsville, Brisbane, etc. 

oh dear  '    that's shocking    !     what can we do ?    

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

"since many of the Thai ladies involved had gone to Finland where they were married or been in a relationship and then when it went belly up well they turned to sex work.".......

I don't feel bad for them. They weren't being forced. They could have returned to their home country at any time. 

Well, yes, they could - if their ex husband/partner had been thoughtful enough to make sure they could afford the air fare, and if they were in Helsinki, that would be easy.

But they were in smallish towns in a foreign country where the language is even harder to learn than Thai, the winters are brutally long, dark and cold and the natives are notoriously taciturn.

If they were well educated, resourceful and had a range of employable skills, they could have applied for more interesting and rewarding jobs in Finland - but if they were well-educated, resourceful with employable skills, they probably wouldn't have chosen to cohabit with/marry a Finn in the first place, would they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, JoePai said:

Nothing new e.g. look at the Thai massage shops in the UK

And Thailand too, except it is not regarded negatively here, and a rich MP 'don', needs to be respected or else!

Another batch of "victims" falling prey to the rescue industry.

And more horny men left with no other option than traveling to Thailand or the Phillipines.

Men in 180 countries signing away their sexual rights, then thinking "too bad, luckily there's always Pattaya and Angeles City". Fools!

12 hours ago, HuskerDo2 said:

I feel bad for them.  The chances are they flew Finnair.  I tried it last year - the most expensive/horrendous flight I have ever experienced.

12 hours ago, rattlesnake said:

They are often foul-mouthed, jealous little b**ches with the maturity of a 12 year-old, have a drinking problem, no prospects whatsoever and no desire to go back to Thailand as that would be a big loss of face considering they tell everyone back home they are living the high life in Farangland.

Stick a coin in the jukebox and play another somebody done somebody wrong song.

• Haha 1