Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government

webfact

Good afternoon,

So there’s actually Thai people believing a Military State is better leadership !?? 
Doesn’t the majority of Thai People want MFP Party  ?? The recent elections say so !! 
That seems the furthest away from a Democracy in Thailand ???????? I’ll let your mind do the thinking on what I would call it , The last 3 letters are hip  

Edited by Robert Tyrrell

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

I don't remember, but someone does.

https://www.fpps.or.th/news.php?detail=n1567399255.news

Prayut’s 500 votes were beyond the 376 minimum requirements needed as stipulated in the constitution. All 250 senators voted to support him.

The sadistic irony is that NONE of the appointed Senators by the NCPO (aka junta) were to be affiliated with any political party. Apparently the RTM is not officially considered a political party.

Maybe that might be tesred in the Constitution Court as it was the military under NCPO (junta) Chief Prayut who assumed the robes of government from 2014-2018 as PM, a position that is clearly political.

1 hour ago, Phoenix Rising said:

Not in the slightest, and that marks the beginning of MFP's struggles to form a government. The next month will be interesting, to say the least.

Hopefully it will be mostly peaceful but I have my doubts....serious, serious doubts.

If I was the MFp and pt I would simply call their bluff.  Stay the course. That is what the people want the military just want to get there camel nose under the tent.  Anutin especially is not the person you want to deal with nor do you want the military dictating what you should and shouldn't do.

They want

To keep the gravy train

Shackle people with lese majeste

Keep the country the way

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, prakhonchai nick said:

No earthly reason why it should rest with the senate. If Prayut and Prawit have acknowledged defeat, then surely they could -and should - along with their group members do the gentlemanly thing and vote for PITA as Prime Minister. No need then for either the senate or Anutin and his weed mates to have a say

Expect the Senate to nominate and vote for anutin then stay away from mbk and siam paragon.  This country will explode the military will come in and take over again 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

Expect the Senate to nominate and vote for anutin then stay away from mbk and siam paragon.  This country will explode the military will come in and take over again 

Anutin can only with a coalition....which means PTP which means the red shirts. So nothing will explode. But it will look very bad

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

PT now hold a lot of power. What will they do. If they form a coalition with MFP and with the other 4 parties then any govt put in by the military will be in minorirty in the House of Reps. A minority govt. cannot survive. If they form a coalition with minor military parties they will lose their voter base as the people who voted for PT were also voting for change. IMO the military are looking for trouble so they can move in with another coup. 

BJT would give them enough seats I think.

Edited by dinsdale
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This refusal was predicted in Sept. 8, 2022

"Thai Parliament Rejects Opposition Bid to Reject Senate's Power"

It required a third of the Senate to vote " in favor of reducing their own power....Used by the military as a means of preventing the people from making a wrong decision."

Ref. thediplomat.com

The senatorial position reinforces Thai people are Not Citizens of Thailand as an Electorate in control of their government but rather Subjects ruled by those who have extra-constitutionality as the 'Good People.' From that perspective, in reality Thailand is no more a democracy than is Vietnam, Laos and Myanmar. Foreign embassies in Thailand who represent 'recognized democracies' should protest and take diplomatic reprocussions against Thailand. But of course they won't because they want to preserve what they believe is their political influence in Thailand. What I call "Patty Cake-Patty Cake Diplomacy."

• Like 2

I see another Myanmar coming perhaps. Depends on how much the people want the change and how much the army will protect the dictatorship.

Tough time are coming either way. Pseudo democracy, where you vote but the results are ignored is not democracy, just a dictatorship creating the illusion of democracy to keep the peoples will suppressed.

Get an emergency bag packed, check the flights outta here and let's all hope it doesn't come to that.

• Confused 1

Prayut’s 500 votes were beyond the 376 minimum requirements needed as stipulated in the constitution. All 250 senators voted to support him.

Thanks for the link. I guess I remember another senate vote where some voted against him (just for show of course).

Of course.

Look who's paying them. Look who put them there. It's those guys who overthrew the government in the first place.

It's like the ghost in the closet. 

Totally retarded situation. 

Edited by MrJ2U

1 hour ago, Mavideol said:

same here thus 2 of us, didn't imagined them have the face to do what everybody is expecting them to do  555

The glory of the military must come first - that's how they see it. 

Would be interesting to see an interview with prayuth on this with several respected journalists all demanding that he give answers which respect the people of Thailand.

Edited by scorecard

They say keep friends close but enemies even closer. Invite Prayuth to join coalition and get that senator approvals, then appoint him Minister for Military Procurement Affairs or something like that. That way you take away the power of criticism (he can't complain about government as he's part of it), while at the same time keeping him in control by giving him a post with basically no power.

Replace Prayuth with any other name that would achieve the same. Prawit. Anutin. Whoever.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

And that was good as Prayut got most of the votes in that election....Now someone else got most votes...

• Sad 1

The opposition will control the house and that is it.  PM and Senate will be the old guard.

Lots of people here let the euphoria of the election results make them forget the reality of the situation.

Looks like Anutin will be the next PM.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

An off topic post with a link designed to hijack the OP has been removed.

Off topic posts, Troll posts, and posts with unsubstantiated and unsupported claims have been removed.

An off-topic video post has also been removed. The OP is not about Australia, the US or China.

The OP is 

Military-backed senators refuse to back MFP form a government

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, h90 said:

Anutin can only with a coalition....which means PTP which means the red shirts. So nothing will explode. But it will look very bad

There's no way thaksin will put his future in anutin hands.

There is nothing to stop Anutin becoming pm in a minority government.  It would mean a new election with the possibility of a defunct PT and MFp

Remember the Senate cares about power money and lese majeste which provides them an others a cover.

• Like 1