Thai restaurant in California forced to close amid racist dog meat rumours

snoop1130

Years ago, a rumor was spread that McDonalds burgers were made from worms. McD's countered by pointing out worms are much more expensive than beef..... end of rumor

Would dog meat be more expensive than pork or chicken? What dishes would cooks try to substitute dog meat? Off menu items?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

But , in reality , dog eating still does exist in south east asia .

They never let reality get in the way of a good opportunity to play the race card.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Racist and ignorant.

Conflating Thailand with countries that are actually known for dog eating.

Is cat eating really big anywhere?

They do not look tasty.

Ignorant you say?

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-39577557

image.png.090fa9e137560fae31f5c607a7478f21.png

Saying Thais eat dogs is no more racist than saying they eat snakes. Some of them do. Some of them don't. That race card must be getting a bit worn out by now.

18 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Ignorant you say?

https://www.bbc.com/news/newsbeat-39577557

image.png.090fa9e137560fae31f5c607a7478f21.png

Saying Thais eat dogs is no more racist than saying they eat snakes. Some of them do. Some of them don't. That race card must be getting a bit worn out by now.

Dog eating is much more a part of the culture in Korea and Vietnam than Thailand.

I stand by my accusation.

Its classic anti Asian hate to conflate all Asians together.

But I get your game. Right wing silliness acting like racism isn't real or a problem.

Try peddling that elsewhere.

Of course yes I understand that Asians being humans are often racist too.

But this is a topic about racist hate in the US.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Drinking beer is much more part of the culture in Germany and Austria than in Thailand. That doesn't make it racist to say Thais drink beer

No, but it would make it racist, although somewhat odd, to say "go home you ****ing beer drinker". Or to do something that is designed to incite others to make similar remarks.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Maybe. 

Drinking beer is much more part of the culture in Germany and Austria than in Thailand. That doesn't make it racist to say Thais drink beer. 

You're trying too hard.

Pot kettle black

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Racist and ignorant.

Conflating Thailand with countries that are actually known for dog eating.

Is cat eating really big anywhere?

They do not look tasty.

Dog eating is well know to take place in a certain northern Thai province, and why not, if you eat meat? The old, well they are domesticated not livestock argument is nonsense, both livestock and dogs have been artificially developed by humans, meat is meat. I don't eat any of it but differentiating between animals being worthy of stuffing down your throat or not is just hypocritical. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, proton said:

Dog eating is well know to take place in a certain northern Thai province, and why not, if you eat meat? The old, well they are domesticated not livestock argument is nonsense, both livestock and dogs have been artificially developed by humans, meat is meat. I don't eat any of it but differentiating between animals being worthy of stuffing down your throat or not is just hypocritical. 

I understand your POV in general and meat taboos are cultural but there is something about dogs that is objectively different.

While eating dogs is not cannibalism it is kind of cannibalism adjacent. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I understand your POV in general and meat taboos are cultural but there is something about dogs that is objectively different.

While eating dogs is not cannibalism it is kind of cannibalism adjacent. 

Different alright as in pests, this humanisation of dogs can be seen all over the internet. People referring to them as babies/ fur babies/angels and family etc, totally deluded dog worshipers, some actually having sex with these filthy animals. Dogs are no different from any other mammals and all the fuss about people eating them as well as other animals is ridiculous.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1