Brit stabbed to death with sickle by Thai neighbour, inquest hears

webfact

6 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

Funnily enough.....no!!!

The do have their karaoke, but it is once or twice a week for a couple of hours, then nothing for two or three months.....and it is strangely (to me) only on a morning....9 till 11.

It pales into insignificance with funerals (the worst, and there is one a week, minimum), prayers for the village????, the local market, special temple events......and an outdoor badminton club that must have a sound system playing full blast before they can play.

The only thing that makes Thailand bearable, never mind issan, is the glorious music, been to 5 concerts since last Friday. ???? Not enough events in the countryside though.

• Like 1

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Go back to the news from Jan 2022.... there is plenty on the news from that Time that wraps up a lot of the information missed in this latest ‘lazy’ article. 

They don't tell you what the music was though, if it was Hotel California, rap or most rock music I would be understanding the motive????

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

The guy (murder) was mentally deranged - this latest article conveniently leaves that out. 

Reporting Bias ??????

IF you were in ‘his’ position, you would have been sat there peacefully having a beer, there was no reports of music being played. The report that there was a blue-tooth speak there is just stating what was present at the scene, the media picked up on this an made the assumption, as a lot of others that this music was too loud and triggered the attack. 

It was reported from locals nearby (and an expat nearby) that no music could be heard. 

So... IF you were in his position... the following would have happened... You’re sat there having a quiet beer and out of no where a lunatic attacks you with the scythe striking the back of your head, you are dead, you stood no chance to ‘discuss or talk your way out of anything’.... (thats according to the reports that came out at the the time).

His ‘over reaction’ as you call it was not a ‘reaction to anything’ there was no loud music, that was just his behaviour. 

It was well documented at the time that he was a known danger to those in at the area, a lunatic who should already have been locked up... his reaction was not a reaction at all, it was just his behaviour. 

None of that. He’s mentally deranged and should never have been permitted access to the general public. This is an utter failure of the Thai penal system - he should have already been locked up, or in a mental institute to protect others from his mentally deranged and violent behaviour. 

He should have been in prison already for other crimes he had committed (according to previous report that were surfacing last year after this initial reporting on this murder). 

The failure of the Thai legal system cost this British man his life. 

If indeed it happened as you say, there is not much he could have done. You make some valid points. But, as we know both the judicial system and the mental health care system (or lack thereof) have failed the Thai people. 

1 minute ago, proton said:

You deserve a medal mate, i'd top myself after a week in the village, not been back for years. Those that cope usually live not far from the big towns deep in banok is hot, boring and depressing.  

I am struggling..........the worst of it is that the wife has been an absolute diamond......leaving her would be an act of staggering selfishness.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

Yeah that sounds like she chose a terrible location to build a house. maybe it's not her fault because she didn't know how bad this is for us but you can't live like that.

It is outside her village, but equidistant from three smaller villages........so we get from all sides.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Usually the loud music comes from Thais.

Don't understand how they got into a situation that ended in his death.

With all those posts you have and you don't know how this could happen?  You must be living in a cave somewhere.

Just now, jimgilly said:

With all those posts you have and you don't know how this could happen?  You must be living in a cave somewhere.

No I've been living in a nice village with nice people.

Falangies who annoy Thais should know better.

7 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

It is outside her village, but equidistant from three smaller villages........so we get from all sides.

Those people sound hopeless to me. So many better places you could live and not deal with that. What a mess.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Are you for real ???......  this is some out-there ‘anti-foriginer’ rubbish and a complete polar opposite of what occurred in this case.

While there are ‘some’ inconsiderate people out there, some of whom are non-Thai’s.... your normalisation of such is wholly wrong, wholly sickening and the generalisation you present is wholly unintelligent..... 

... A man was murdered for sitting outside his own home.... He wasn’t playing ‘loud music’... that is just something the media picked up on... Its something utter idiots on these forums pickup on with their ‘gone native’ mentality to some how justify the events after barbaric and uncivilised behaviour has become normalised in their limited backwards worlds. 

You need to learn to leave me and my opinions ALONE. 

You constantly reply to my comments with nastiness and hate. 

I often see your foolish comments but never reply, I ignore them. 

Please grow up and leave me alone. 

You obviously have your tunnel vision goggles on, look outside the box, it's similar to road rage, always 2 parties, the antagonizers and the other who wants to get even. 

If you are struggling, get some professional help 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

1 minute ago, NorthernRyland said:

Those people sound hopeless to me. So many better places you could live and not deal with that. What a mess.

A guy posted earlier this year that in his village they have a FB group.....any noise/loud music the village-head is informed and he's onto it straight away.....if only.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

If indeed it happened as you say, there is not much he could have done. You make some valid points. But, as we know both the judicial system and the mental health care system (or lack thereof) have failed the Thai people. 

Indeed....    shortly after all the publicity surrounding this event last year it was reported that the murderer had only recently been released from a mental institution.... 

... he was a ticking time bomb.... If it wasn’t this foreign who was murdered, I suspect it would have been anyone else he came across while walking around at that time of morning....  it was just a matter of time and a matter of ‘any victim’  given the mental state of this deranged killer. 

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, Will B Good said:

I am struggling..........the worst of it is that the wife has been an absolute diamond......leaving her would be an act of staggering selfishness.

why not have a few weeks away?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ironmike said:

Playing Boy George late at night I'd kill him too

Boy George, Pet Shop Boys, Maralyn, Judas Priest, Elton John, Queen, Wham etc

Gay music was very popular with brits in the 80's. 

It would hve been so different if he had just shown some consideration and kept the music down.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Dazkkk said:
2 hours ago, DPKANKAN said:

Unfortunately, I will state again that the media notes are not facts as usual. You should be more sympathetic to the case where untruths prevailed from the start. So you stop whining because you were wrong!! End of.

Blow it out of your ear. You read the same OP as I did, yet you didn’t post your “evidence” until many people had opined on the murder. You’re the one doing the whining and ????????????

Erm... he has first hand facts.....   he posted them in the very initial thread on this subject. 

A lot of people are shooting from the hip in this thread without knowing any information other than a report which is incredibly misleading and wrongly directs all the posters unwittingly in the direction of musderstanding that the deceased was behaving in an incredibly antisocial manner playing music a full volume without any consideration for the neighbourhood.... 

... according to witness reports from the area this is not what happened.

It was also reported that the ‘murder was recently released from a mental facility’.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some off topic posts and inflammatory posts and the replies have been removed. 

Some posts with false information as to no loud music played have been removed.  Please read the original report which was posted at the bottom of the OP in this topic:

RELATED ASEAN NOW TOPIC:

Brit 'tourist' murdered by scythe in Kanchanaburi - friend in hospital - loud music blamed

Full story: https://aseannow.com/topic/1247675-brit-tourist-murdered-by-scythe-in-kanchanaburi-friend-in-hospital-loud-music-blamed/

Edited by metisdead

4 hours ago, terryofcrete said:
4 hours ago, kamahele said:

This happens in my home country all of the time but usually a gun is used.

What country ? 

He probably thinks that if he told you he'd have to kill you. Or he's paranoid. But I think the word 'gun' gives us a clue.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Usually the loud music comes from Thais.

Don't understand how they got into a situation that ended in his death.

Thai people like Thai music played loud, but have no tolerance whatsoever for loud westen music. Nobody will say anything when Thai music is too loud, but the complaints will come thick and fast if it is loud western music.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

There apparently wasn’t any loud music...  neighbour's reportedly didn’t hear any music (reports made at the time - reported on in last years news).

From recalling the discussion and news reports at the time (Jan 2022) the ONLY reason ‘loud music’ was mentioned is because there was a ‘bluetooth speaker’ showing in one of the ‘incident photos’...   the rest is pure conjecture, but as soon as something is put into print everyone projected, elaborates, exaggerates.... 

Indeed. It was the TV on inside one of the houses.

23 minutes ago, Stevemercer said:

Thai people like Thai music played loud, but have no tolerance whatsoever for loud westen music. Nobody will say anything when Thai music is too loud, but the complaints will come thick and fast if it is loud western music.

Not always the case depends on the venue or situation.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Marcus Evans from Somerset, England, was playing music from a Bluetooth speaker and drinking with another Brit

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Brit stabbed to death with sickle by Thai neighbour

This is the result from an antagonizer and a crazy man. 

No winners here, only losers.

Next article please. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This is the results from an antagonizer and a crazy man. 

No winners here, next article please. 

Yeah a sad situation and the victim was maybe new to Thailand or ignorant of the nutter in the village, so many crazy people are let out after being put on drugs and the family are left to take care.

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

This is the result from an antagonizer and a crazy man. 

No winners here, only losers.

Next article please. 

He was not an antagonizer. It was not his house the victim, but the other one' s who was attacked. It was an inside TV that was on not a bluetooth devise that was still on an outside table for the 'media' to make their own 'news' accordingly.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Will B Good said:

I live in Isaan......and it is, on occasions, absolute hell.

I have, and still am, seriously considering leaving my wife.

Come on say it as it is, no Thai woman has ever really wanted to be with a farang. You and thousands like you are just an ATM, now she's got the house, car & the rest I doubt she'll give a toss 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, malibukid said:
  1. i get the feeling that they really don't like us here.  a hundred times a day.  dirty looks.  racist insular society

That is not the feeling that I get, but I don't live where you live.

• Thumbs Up 1