Pita’s Ambitions to be the Next Thai Prime Minister End

webfact

11 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Knowing full well he's breaking the law by holding those shares and still going a head with the process only shows that this person think that he can have his own interpretation of the law and that  the law doesn't apply to him.

That applies to everyone with money in Thailand!

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

If Pita is ruled against, he could be disqualified from Thai politics for ten years, face prison time, and his party could even be punished or at worst disbanded.

Let's be quite sanguine about this; When Pita is ruled against, he will be disqualified from Thai politics for ten years, he will be in prison, and his party will be disbanded.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Bangkok, Thailand-In a day that was bitterly disappointing for Move Forward Party (MFP) supporters and Prime Minister Candidate Pita Limjaroenrat, the leader of the MFP, was suspended from his duties as a MP and denied the chance for a second vote to become Prime Minister.

Justice Thai style.... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Why do people use things like "RTFM" above which have to be "googled" to get some idea of what it might mean?  We are not all Text speak maniacs!

Google gives a number of different options!

Now you don't have to G again, as you've been enlightened.   And yea, I had to G the first time someone threw that one at me.

G = google

• Confused 3
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Maybe next time MFP will RTFM to avoid a 3rd repeat performance.

RTFM? What difference would it make? The Dinosaurs would put a few tanks into the Bangkok street and rewrite it. Those who wouldn't comply to the  new "manual" would be "disapeared", again.

What's the big surprise? The old school will defend the Lèse-majesté laws with their dying breath. They were never going to let him lead the country.

He was foolish to even propose changes to that law.

Edited by Trippy

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Unless the people rise up, the dream appears to be dead, for now. Do they have it in them? 

A corrupt and self-serving system so deeply entrenched requires a Ceaucescu Moment to sweep it away.

I do not think that exists in Thailand. I also think Thai Ceaucescus know that.

• Like 1

The recent events are worthy of a mass funeral. Thailand might have been the tiger of SE Asia a decade or so ago, having been the 22nd largest economy in the world, but those days are long gone. So, I would say it would be safe to refer to Thailand as an up and coming 3rd world (developing) country, post Covid. I would not be surprised to see Thailand in 75th place in terms of GDP, 20 years from now. There is absolutely no doubt the nation is moving backwards, on at least a dozen levels. And unless a dynamic leader like Thanathorn or Pita comes along, as is allowed to lead, the great tiger will continue to devolve into a whiny little street cat. With pre-historic creatures like Prawit or Anutin leading the way, and the horrific Thai army continuing to block anything that resembles change, the nation is destined to lag far behind.

Go ahead and stick with regressive conservative policies, resist change and progress at all costs, and run your nation into the ground. When you have antiquated creeps like this choosing the PM, inferiority is what you get. True, bottom of the barrel leadership.

Screenshot 2023-07-20 at 1.25.31 PM.jpeg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Utter rubbish. You know full well that they would have manufactured some other charge against him, and Move Forward.

You are right, but still quite naive (to be kind) to give them such an easy reason to disqualify him especially since what happened to the previous colleague.