5 things you love most about Thailand.

Lacessit

2 minutes ago, Celsius said:

What nonsense.

You mean cheaper.

My condo in Toronto and every condo is set up with 1Gbps internet. Most of brand new soon to be decrepit condos due to poor maitenance  in Bangkok are limited to 50Mbps.

you see stoner my condo in toronto is a great representation of the whole of canada and the services provided. 

13 minutes ago, Celsius said:

If you come to Thailand for the reasons in the OP you truly failed in life. Including the condo and house rental where you can't swing a cat, where you get free cocroaches and snakes included in your rent and to get anything close to Western kitchen you would have to rent in Ritz Carlton residences or Shangri-La paying 200k a month.

Well done to you for succeeding in life financially. Unfortunately your judging of others means you have failed to attain true happiness in life emotionally, in my opinion of course. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Celsius said:

All the things in the OP are available in the West, including women if you pay them to touch you like you do here.

If you come to Thailand for the reasons in the OP you truly failed in life. Including the condo and house rental where you can't swing a cat, where you get free cocroaches and snakes included in your rent and to get anything close to Western kitchen you would have to rent in Ritz Carlton residences or Shangri-La paying 200k a month.

Living a fake life in Thailand fooling your mates like you're livin' the dream where your next serious illness will be sponsored by gofundme to beg money from people, so you can go back to the country you hate so much to get free healthcare on other people's tax dime.

You prefer living in a city that freezes your nuts off 4-5 months of the year?

My standard of living in Thailand includes a house, a condo, two cars, two scooters. A girlfriend 23 years younger than me.

I can go back to Australia on my own dime, then get the best of medical care with the private health cover I have maintained.

I don't call that failure, I consider it to be success.

I'm guessing something really bad happened to you in Thailand, when your opinion of Thailand and people who choose to live there is so negative.

• Love It 1

No car. Only an absolute idiot would own a car in Bangkok.

Prices are still reasonable. I spend less than one third my monthly income on condo, utilities, spending + a bit to wife.

Bank 45k per month. No cash burn.

Good looking wife 15y my junior and 43kg.

National marine parks

Outside of immigration, get things done fast (and cheap)

Hot chicks everywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Seamaster said:

No car. Only an absolute idiot would own a car in Bangkok.

Prices are still reasonable. I spend less than one third my monthly income on condo, utilities, spending + a bit to wife.

Bank 45k per month. No cash burn.

Good looking wife 15y my junior and 43kg.

National marine parks

Outside of immigration, get things done fast (and cheap)

Hot chicks everywhere.

If my GF gets to 43 kg, she thinks she is too fat.

• Haha 1

Just now, Lacessit said:

If my GF gets to 43 kg, she thinks she is too fat.

She's shorter than 148cm?

When we met she was 40kg... Fifteen years ago. It's all in her thighs and a bit of a tiny rice belly. Yes, she's trying to lose now - both of us.

17 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I'm guessing something really bad happened to you in Thailand, when your opinion of Thailand and people who choose to live there is so negative.

Your guess is wrong. Not a single bad thing happened to me in Thailand. I am just saying all the supposedly great things you mentioned in your OP are available in your country for more money; you just don't want to pay or you can not afford it. Pretty much the same thing for 85% of Thais who can't afford things in Thailand. 

But you bash the country that gave you some wealth and passport. Thais do not.

Oh and absolutely anyone here even an invalid can get a young gf/wife. This is nothing to gloat about in Thailand. This is why most Thais know the deal with sexpats who live here and are never accepted in what is considered normal social circles. There is absolutely a huge amount of intelligent well mannered women here who want nothing to do with such "Farang".

Edited by Celsius
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Only an absolute idiot would own a car in Bangkok.

Owning a car in Bangkok gives you convenient access to some beautiful, nearby islands and coastal towns. Only an absolute idiot would not know that. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Your guess is wrong. Not a single bad thing happened to me in Thailand. I am just saying all the supposedly great things you mentioned in your OP are available in your country for more money; you just don't want to pay or you can not afford it. Pretty much the same thing for 85% of Thais who can't afford things in Thailand. 

But you bash the country that gave you some wealth and passport. Thais do not.

Oh and absolutely anyone here even an invalid can get a young gf/wife. This is nothing to gloat about in Thailand. This is why most Thais know the deal with sexpats who live here and are never accepted in what is considered normal social circles. There is absolutely a huge amount of intelligent well mannered women here who want nothing to do with such "Farang".

Certainly if I was Rupert Murdoch or Kerry Stokes, I could have a much younger woman at my side in Australia. Effectively, I would have to be a multi-millionaire.

Australia did not give me wealth. I earned it with hard work.

I am not interested in so-called normal social circles. I am happy with my lifestyle, which is envied by the friends I have in Australia.

If nothing happened to you in Thailand, I am wondering what turned you into a misanthrope.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

She's shorter than 148cm?

When we met she was 40kg... Fifteen years ago. It's all in her thighs and a bit of a tiny rice belly. Yes, she's trying to lose now - both of us.

She is 149 cm. She does have exercise routines she does every morning and evening. As do I.

Best way to lose weight is cut out sugar, processed foods, and carbs in general. I went from 93 kg to 78 kg on a low-carb diet.

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

OK.  So you weren't making a point, you were just posting an ambiguous quote without explanation in direct reply to someone else.

You're free to do that, of course, but it reduces your contribution to the discussion considerably.

"Your post was unclear, what do you mean?"

"I don't know."

"OK."  ????‍♂️

I understood it. If you do not, he cannot understand it for you. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Seamaster said:

Except that you are laughably dead wrong.

There's nothing in the ocean outside of phang nha and Krabi (koh rok), Koh Tao the beaches are rubbish up to six hours drive.

Id be more than happy to put my knowledge of beaches against yours any day. Grown up in S California, had written unpublished guide to camping and tripping in the Andaman.

Please humor me and cite these 5* beaches and coral wonderlands ????????????????????

You could literally pay for a private minivan to drive you  to your private beach paradise and back rather than the expense of owning a car. I often walk faster than the traffic moves. Then there's the fact of parking and unavoidably a depreciating asset.

I never said anything about:

• the closest beaches to BKK being any better than those found in SCA - or anywhere else for that matter.

• using a car to travel around BKK instead of using BKK’s transit system. 
• cars increasing in value. 

My BKK condo includes undercover car parking. 

1 hour ago, Celsius said:

All the things in the OP are available in the West, including women if you pay them to touch you like you do here.

Living a fake life in Thailand fooling your mates like you're livin' the dream where your next serious illness will be sponsored by gofundme to beg money from people, so you can go back to the country you hate so much to get free healthcare on other people's tax dime.

What happened to you? Why so bitter?

I’m in a condo with a ‘western’ kitchen inside AND a ‘Thai’ kitchen outside. I can easily swing two cats if so inclined. Haven’t ever seen a cockroach in my apartment thank goodness, let alone a snake in the general area. 
My beachfront apartment here costs a third of a similar city apartment at ‘home’. Utility bills less than 10% of the cost at ‘home’. 
The only time I find it acceptable to pay someone to touch me is if I go for a massage and I haven’t done that in years. 
Fake life? Your life is NOW. It’s not fake. 
Are you having a bad day?

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Celsius said:

Yea.... it is terrible having a car in Bangkok being chauffered by old fat ugly Chinese wife with MBA

20230722-122200.jpg

You measure women on whether they have an MBA? Shallow as a mud puddle.

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

I agree.  I'm not sure why people act this way.

Look at it this way…. Would you be happy to obey the laws of North Korea in Thailand? 
Laws are not universal. We are not rigid beings. We are not perfect.  We make mistakes. I prefer to live in a place that respects humanity and nature above rigid and arcane rules. 
Laws change all the time. Relax, don’t get her up about it and don’t try to argue about it. 

• Confused 1

Just now, BangkokReady said:

As I thought.  Just another troll.  ????

Some may view your response in that way. You are certainly one of the most ‘aggressive’ on this thread. 
Calm down. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

She is 149 cm. She does have exercise routines she does every morning and evening. As do I.

Best way to lose weight is cut out sugar, processed foods, and carbs in general. I went from 93 kg to 78 kg on a low-carb diet.

I was as high as 81.5 but not for some time. I just broke 75.5.

I try to eat everything in moderation. My wife is very healthy eater aside from all the fried stuff here. Certainly, no want for special diets.

Another great plus for Thailand REAL FOOD that is not poisoned

Just now, NextG said:

Some may view your response in that way. You are certainly one of the most ‘aggressive’ on this thread. 
Calm down. 

I was simply asking the user to clarify an ambiguous comment so that their point was clear (if that is what they wanted) to facilitate discussion. 

If you choose see that as aggressive or "uncalm", that's up to you.  ????‍♂️

1 minute ago, Celsius said:

From a guy who gloats about his gf weight and age

She has other attributes I won't go into, and you would be incapable of appreciating, going by your posts thus far.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1