Pattaya Man Fined 1,000 Baht for Punching South Korean Live Streamer, Live Streamer Fined As Well

webfact

5 hours ago, Summerinsiam said:

I am surprised it doesn't happen more often. In my estimation, the vast majority of these so called live-streamers and thai-bloggers have a lot to answer for and are a complete waste of space.

The ones that do it in the gym are even more annoying.  Especially as the gym is a private place.

There needs to be a bit more legislation on this, as it is relatively new.

A beach or a mall is a public place, but what if you don't want to be in someone's "stream"?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Social Hunter 2021 noted in a social media post that the men seemed peeved at being recorded by the tourist. They asked him to stop, but the tourist refused and showed them a middle finger, leading to the altercation, said Social Hunter 2021.

I'm sure some people enjoy making or watching livestreams, but doing so somewhere where people might not want to be recorded seem a little naïve.

So the Korean man got fined 1, 000baht too for quarrelling and being a public nuisance. Odd considering the police also confirmed it is legal to record there and some guys berated him for it. I really don't like how flexible the law can be at times. Get punched in the face twice and you get fined! Was most likely down to flipping the bird, which as far as I know is globally universal in meaning. 

• Like 1

There are some falang video YouTubers that are entertaining and informative, and also respectful - asking if it's ok to record.

But, there are also 'faceless' YouTubers that *secretly* record, following girls and couples around the streets.   One is often recording and posting videos from Soi Buakow...  But it is covert - the people don't know they are being recorded.  They seem to ignore the camera...ie don't know there is one.

A focal point is the 7-11 close by to the upstairs gym.

Looking at the camera angle, it seems as though from waist height. Or maybe the height of a wheelchair...

Does anyone know who is making these videos and what kind of hidden camera rig they have?

I find them disrespectful and distasteful.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BangkokReady said:

The ones that do it in the gym are even more annoying.  Especially as the gym is a private place.

There needs to be a bit more legislation on this, as it is relatively new.

A beach or a mall is a public place, but what if you don't want to be in someone's "stream"?

The gym is a private space? They all look like greenhouses these days, with their glass walls. Anyone walking past can see everything.

23 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Well not everywhere... I just don't want to be featured in some person's inane blog.....

Not your choice when you're out in public. Best is to just ignore it and move as causing a scene about it will guarantee that you will be featured.

• Thumbs Up 1