Arent you tired of the rubbish

bignok

4 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

...it was the pop and string mush that I had in mind....................

This girl Ung uing was living in a shack in Sis a ket with nothing a year ago now, she is unbelievably popular, has 11 million baht so far just in tips don't know about concert fees, real rags to riches story. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, proton said:

This girl Ung uing was living in a shack in Sis a ket with nothing a year ago now, she is unbelievably popular, has 11 million baht so far just in tips don't know about concert fees, real rags to riches story. 

Gotta love stories like that.

Don't know her music, but more power to her.

• Like 2

Just now, bignok said:

Sounds exactly like every other Isaan singer

So what?

She's making some people happy and making herself some money.

Lisa Blackpink is a hero in Buriram, but hardly the best looking woman from there. Still, good for her. I like winning stories.

Allow something positive. Glass half full is a much more pleasant way to pass through life.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

So what?

She's making some people happy and making herself some money.

Lisa Blackpink is a hero in Buriram, but hardly the best looking woman from there. Still, good for her. I like winning stories.

Allow something positive. Glass half full is a much more pleasant way to pass through life.

Why should average singers get paid?

The somtam sellers are providing more value

30 minutes ago, bignok said:

Google Isaan music

Don't need to, been to over 1200 concerts in 25 years and seen them all, some over 100 times. She is good but not outstanding, helped by her age and she has a deformity for the sympathy vote. Seen better young singers get nowhere due to having a poor attitude, manner is very important for Thai singers, they get judged on that. Another famous new singer Yuki has had bad press for her little miss up to me attitude. Super valentine concert tonight, girl group  Wat Bang Bon, no music no life  ????

Not that keen on them but Mrs likes them, they are not too bad when they get past this song

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Trippy said:

I love it here. With the exception of some food I miss, there is nothing I can't get here. 

Don't understand why people complain so much about Thailand. But maybe they just wouldn't be happy anywhere.

Well thats a sweeping statement.

A lot depends on how long you're been in Thailand and your personality.

Foe many what started off as cute when you first get off the boat, can over time just irritate the sh***t out of you.

From garbage in the road, noise enough to burst your eardrums, power outages, it can just overwhelm you, especially I would say if you are retired and sat at home doing nothing.

Then couple in visa's and God knows what else it can 'for some' eat at the soul.

I've said this before, Thailand is a great place for guys mid 40's to late 50's. It's fun and different.

But get into your 60's a lot of things start to change, and that when you gotta start making hard choices, not the dirt easy ones like when you first moved to Thailand!

21 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Well thats a sweeping statement.

A lot depends on how long you're been in Thailand and your personality.

Foe many what started off as cute when you first get off the boat, can over time just irritate the sh***t out of you.

From garbage in the road, noise enough to burst your eardrums, power outages, it can just overwhelm you, especially I would say if you are retired and sat at home doing nothing.

Then couple in visa's and God knows what else it can 'for some' eat at the soul.

I've said this before, Thailand is a great place for guys mid 40's to late 50's. It's fun and different.

But get into your 60's a lot of things start to change, and that when you gotta start making hard choices, not the dirt easy ones like when you first moved to Thailand!

At last some realism.

43 minutes ago, Trippy said:

I love it here. With the exception of some food I miss, there is nothing I can't get here. 

Don't understand why people complain so much about Thailand. But maybe they just wouldn't be happy anywhere.

So you have been in Thailand for a short time then.

• Sad 1

I'm more annoyed by all these intrusive adverts on 'Asean Now', as soon as you get rid of one another one pops up. I don't understand it, I never buy online. 'That Expat Health insurance' one really gets on my goat, it's even half covered over by another ad, like they're lining up and can't wait to annoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

Lalisa Manobal from Blackpink hasn't done bad either....

I enjoy a good life here, challenges for sure, in a busy daily schedule that allows little time for attention to how others view Thailand 

Make of it what you will, doesn't need to align with my opinion, I can't fix it for you 

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Then there's the hypocrites, telling us we all need to save the planet, and how to, but do nothing but talk about it ????

Hmmmm. I see a lot of "we must do something" but not much in the way of "how to". Perhaps you read different threads than I.

I've made more "how to" suggestions than the posters saying we must do something.

PS, the planet will be fine, but humanity not so and IMO there is no way to actually change climate, no matter how many windmills they put up. Nature will do what nature does, and if we don't accept that and learn to adapt, IMO we'll be joining the dinosaurs.