Pattaya Remains Top Choice for Thais for Upcoming Long Mother’s Day Holiday, According to Agoda

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya’s reputation as a family-friendly destination never recedes as online travel agent Agoda recently revealed that the resort city is still the most popular choice for domestic tourists who plan to enjoy their upcoming extended holiday during Mother’s Day.

According to Agoda’s data, among the 10 tourist destinations, Pattaya is the most sought-after spot by Thai travelers who intend to go on vacation during the extended Mother’s Day holiday period from August 12th to the 14th.

Compared to last year, 2022, Pattaya remains the top choice for Thai people, followed by Hua Hin and Cha-am in second place. Meanwhile, Bangkok has risen to third place, surprisingly surpassing Khao Yai National Park (ranked 4th), while Kanchanaburi province has moved up to the 5th spot from its previous 7th position.

Notably, Khao Kho National Park, the most well-known nature reserve in southern Thailand, enters this list for the first time, securing the 10th spot in the rankings.Based on Agoda’s search data, during the Mother’s Day holiday period, urban and mountain destinations have gained equal popularity as beach destinations this year.

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/05/pattaya-remains-top-choice-for-thais-for-upcoming-long-mothers-day-holiday-according-to-agoda/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-08-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Please... stop the drivel

I think someone is having baiting fun with the board membership! 

Is there still roadworks on the way between Bangkok and Hua Hin making Pattaya a preferred destination?

• Like 2

More holidays please.... more pushing to spend people their money, more household debts please, Why bother about that?? The rich have no problems because they earn well and have paid holidays,but the other groups?? A reason to change to monthly salaries for everyone. You will see how quickly there will be less holidays.

I'm thankful for that.   Loving most are too lazy or impatient to go the extra 100kms/1 hr drive to our area.   Pure Bliss.

Easy to understand why the #1-2-3 choice, <2 hr to Patts from T21/Asok, or 2-3 hr to CA/HH area, without traffic.  A nice break from the city.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

More holidays?

Whatever happened to work?

I certainly don't see my villagers rushing off to Pattaya.

Rubbish.????????

They certainly come from the big village ,  Big Mango, here. Sick of he sight of them. 

35 minutes ago, Lucky Bones said:

More holidays?

Whatever happened to work?

I certainly don't see my villagers rushing off to Pattaya.

Rubbish.????????

We're talking middle class obviously.  Couples with incomes around 50k a month & up, or groups of youngins, all staying in same room on budget.  Maybe on Mommy & Daddy's sip baht.

Krung Thep weeekenders, surely few from villages afar.   Cost of petrol and just camping, let alone hotel stays, would be burden on their budget.

Edited by KhunLA

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I think someone is having baiting fun with the board membership! 

Is there still roadworks on the way between Bangkok and Hua Hin making Pattaya a preferred destination?

No....drove back to Pattaya from the south on Thursday...little trouble ????

• Thanks 1