Skateboard skirmish between foreigner and police sparks stir at Don Mueang Airport in Bangkok (video)

webfact

3 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

1. Never attack a policeman. It usually does not end well.

2. If he had done that in the US, there is a good chance he would have been shot dead.

3. The cops behaved very cool. I give them credit for that. They looked amused. Just another foreign crazy.

4. He looked Chinese. If he did that in China, he would likely be locked up for decades!

4. Not so sure about that. This kind of incident happens regularly in China. So often, there's a chance you'll spot one or two incidents on an average 1 week trip.

1 minute ago, Highlandman said:

4. Not so sure about that. This kind of incident happens regularly in China. So often, there's a chance you'll spot one or two incidents on an average 1 week trip.

And what happens to the pleb who causes such an incident in China? 

2 hours ago, stix40 said:

I wonder what would of happened if the skateboard chap was not Asian ? 

The outcome would have been identical, assuming said "non-Chinese chap" had reacted identically. Thailand doesn't do woke politics (thank God) if you're a foreigner, you're a foreigner. 

2 hours ago, bob smith said:

I bet those who dont get the sarcasm are the same ones that love channel 3 thai style comedy, complete with the childish sound effects....

Now running at 8 confused and 4 sad Bob.  No wonder I avoid foreigners.

Scary.....unless English is not their first language.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

And what happens to the pleb who causes such an incident in China? 

Depends. The Chinese police react similar to the Thai police. If no property damage occurs and if no one is hurt, they try to defuse the situation and that may be the end of it. An arrest might occur in some circumstances, but "decades in jail" is pure mythomania. 

China works very differently to how most westerners imagine it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stix40 said:

I wonder what would of happened if the skateboard chap was not Asian ? 

I think the RTP showed restraint probably because their was multiple social media videos being taken.

Crazy Chap !

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Sigmund said:

in the US the skateboard jerk would have been 6 ft under with compliments of the trigger-happy highway patrol cops.

When abroad it's really always surprising how some foreigners/farangs get a sudden sense of entitlement juste because they feel rich due to the exchange rate...

Another absurd and unsubstantiated unsupported claim.  Nice deflection from the OP

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, MurakamiX said:

Obviously you don't know much about the skateboard industry. All of the professionals and semi professionals are adults, and plenty of adults still skate. That skateboard the guy is holding however is more of a cruiser board simply meant for riding around, and looks rather 'gimmicky' 

There are professional pogo stick competitors too - doesn't mean grown men should go around pogo sticking.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Why?  There was no suggestion in the article that he was Chinese.

Of course only the deaf and possibly blind would not have seen or heard which language he was screaming in.

of course also possibly one is ignorant to a point that all Asian’s look alike and sound alike , but it would not be you of course ????

Edited by BestB
  • Haha 1

Typical skater <deleted>. They skate wherever they want and when people complain about the noise and the damage they do to their property they get mouthy and aggressive and more often than not they use their skateboard as a weapon! 

They should've just tasered him right there and then! 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, stix40 said:

I think the RTP showed restraint probably because their was multiple social media videos being taken.

Utter rubbish. For all their faults the Thai Police show amazing restraint in most situations and should be commended for it.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

You're only racist if you cast aspersions and assign negative connotations generally and randomly toward isolated individuals of an ethnic group, because they belong to that group. Just because you've had bad experiences in China does not in and of itself justify malignant racism. then you've added another problem on top of the original one. I've seen racism against Blacks in the US rationalized similarly all of my 66 years, and it's ugly. Meanwhile I've run into more misbehaving British louts and blighters lately than any other group, with various other ethnicities also guilty, and very few Chinese by comparison. Granted, that's because of Covid, but fact nonetheless, and I'm not going to tar and feather any group because of it.

Get back to me after 13 years in mainland China.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Many police officers can take a lesson from it.

Respect the officers stayed cool.

However I would have tasered him.

far to many witnesses and CCTV in such public spaces....could have been a different story near a barstool around say Pattaya for instance ? .-)))

So this possibly Chinese guy is cruising down the halls of the airport alone.  Probably going home to somewhere.

He’s got his apparently brand new skateboard tucked under his arm. Got his brand new hat with the tag still on old old school (with the brim in the front).  New boarders style t-shirt, sport  shoes, white sox. 

Dud has his cool on and parading it.

He’s feeling very hip.  Walking pride.

Cop comes up and says he can’t take the new skateboard on the plane.

Totally blows his image and rips his “face” off.

Ha ha

And he goes viral as a fool.

Ya got to love the Asia.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, ignore it said:

So this possibly Chinese guy is cruising down the halls of the airport alone.  Probably going home to somewhere.

He’s got his apparently brand new skateboard tucked under his arm. Got his brand new hat with the tag still on old old school (with the brim in the front).  New boarders style t-shirt, sport  shoes, white sox. 

Dud has his cool on and parading it.

He’s feeling very hip.  Walking pride.

Cop comes up and says he can’t take the new skateboard on the plane.

Totally blows his image and rips his “face” off.

Ha ha

And he goes viral as a fool.

Ya got to love the Asia.

If he had a new skateboard he would have been using it. That is what garnered the police attention.????

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Confused 2

Well that wasn't smart. And "assumed to be of Asian descent"? He is speaking Chinese. As many Thai are of Chinese descent I hope they deported the idiot instead of letting off your Chinese cousin.

Edited by Bim Smith
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, bkk6060 said:

The whole thing makes the officers look like weak fools.  They needed to make a statement and take him down so it doesn't happen again.

Fortunately Thailand is not the US.????

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, essex boys said:

The other two policemen just standing there, draw your batons couple of hits on the legs and down goes skateboard man they should be ashamed just standing there letting a colleague get assaulted 

The officer with the baton should have gone for the knee. The guy wouldn't have been swinging that skateboard anymore.

Can't understand why the other two officers didn't help their colleague in making an arrest.

Attacking a police officer in an airport where there is likely CCTV everywhere and an abundance of witnesses is not the most intelligent thing to do.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1