Petition submitted against Thaksin seeking Royal pardon

snoop1130

9 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Similarily how you have to go through several layers of courts before being able to appeal a case to the Supreme Court.

Not required in Thailand. One can directly petition the Constitutional Court without "layers of courts." Or indirectly through agencies that have standing with the CC such as the Election Commission or Ombudsman.

Otherwise processing Thaksin's probable petition starts with the prison director. 

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

The coup folk committed treason and got a pardon,

No, it was a royal endorsement. No "coup folk" (NCPO) were ever convicted that would require a pardon and in fact the Constitutional Court later recognized all coup orders as legal.

Edited by Srikcir
msp
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't think he has a deal.

He might have convinced many people to do this and that and he thought that he covered 100% of his way out of prison. And maybe he will come out soon.

But sometimes you think you have to think about 100 things, but in reality you had to think about 101 things. And then at some time you find out that little thing, which you didn't think about, makes your life difficult. That could happen. I guess it is not likely, but it's not impossible that he will stay a little longer in jail. 

Really? You don't think that Pheu Thai reneging on their election promises (reforms) had anything to do with it? Interestingly, when they did that, they gained the support of Prayuth's party (United Thai Nation) in the forthcoming coalition.  Prayuth joining forces with the Shinawatra family - well I never....................

However, I don't think he will be freed in the immediate future - that would really be taking the P.  In my opinion the hospital thing has simply been so that he doesn't have to spend any time in an actual jail. I think they'll have to leave him there, or somewhere similar for a while.

However, I suppose its possible that he will ask for clemency on the grounds of ill health - the hospitalisation would fit with that too.

• Love It 1

4 hours ago, daveAustin said:

The coup folk committed treason and got a pardon, so who’s to say a former pm targeted with trumped up charges wouldn’t be able to apply for one?

Trumped up? That's a very appropriate but unfounded description considering the popularity of it in certain parts of the world.

• Haha 1