Thailand to boost tourism by easing visa rules for Chinese, Indian travellers

webfact

17 hours ago, John Drake said:

Chinese real estate is in huge trouble, and Xi doesn't want people going in and out of the country the way they used to.

You are right, but this is still a good opportunity for Thailand. 

Chinese real-estate is no longer profitable, but household savings are still sky high in China around $7.6 trillion.  Some of that will find its way to Thailand, despite of Xi and all his rules.

The Chinese are creative in finding ways around capital and travel restrictions. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Deserted said:

Visa system in Thailand is very outdated and needs to be modernized. Why only 30 days for most countries. What actual harm does it do by allowing people to stay longer, which so many do anyway?

Immigration make a lot of money with extensions of stay, 1,900 baht a pop?

Visa system in Thailand is very outdated and needs to be modernized. Why only 30 days for most countries. What actual harm does it do by allowing people to stay longer, which so many do anyway?

The Immigration Department needs to make 1,900 baht from every tourist who finds 30 days too short.

If you simplify all the rules, the Immigration Officer will have less powers to collect ..... you know.

• Haha 1

Why only 30 days? I guess there's some element of reciprocity at play. Some countries (like Brazil) give country A 90 days if and only if their people are also given 90 days by country A. Tit for tat.

In fact Thailand has been generous in not insisting on 100% reciprocity. The question should be: why doesn't the US and the EU grant Thais 90 days? Thai women are no longer eager to trade sex for money in the West like they did, so the sexual trade-union (femihags) in the US and the EU now have little to fear from Thailand.

Edited by JackGats
grammar
  • Love It 1
  • Haha 1

Why not ease the Visa rules for EVERYBODY ? Including long stay/ex pats etc?

You'd think that they would make it easier to make an annual  extension when you've done it a few times, but they seem to delight in making changes/new requirements every year!  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hakuna Matata said:

Actually, Thailand needs to tighten visa rules for countries like China, Russia, Ukraine, Poland, Lithuania, Romania, Nigeria, Belarus, Kazakhstan, United States, United Kingdom, Australia and some other countries. Sretha may be manipulated by TAT, this is not what we expect from him.

Please enlighten us as to why?

• Like 2

Thais getting a visa for the UK get six months.

My other half has just got a 10 year multiple entry for the UK at 180 days per visit, not that we would ever use that amount of days.

Two/three weeks is more than enough 

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, mania said:

Exactly! Even the USA gives 6 months to most & it would be far easier to get lost in the USA with many States being as large or larger than Thailand in total

Huh?  'Many states' larger than Thailand?  I think just 2, Texas and Alaska, of the 50.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

I was pleasantly surprised to get stamped in for 90 days visa exempt in KL, which was accompanied by a smile and the enjoinder to enjoy my stay. It's why I will be returning there for longer on my next LOS trip. (I was on a weekender/border bounce at the time).

Edited by BusyB
  • Like 1