PM Buys Luxury Van Out Of Own Pocket

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The newly-named prime minister has recently purchased the Lexus LM350H Executive as a 7.59 million baht, privately-owned vehicle in which he is expected to go to the provinces and visit people.

Loose change for some.

4 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Guess it's a van where he can get in and out without banging his head.

Easy happens if you are that tall in Thailand ????

A good point. I'm (only) 175cm, but I find some modern cars difficult to access. And gets worse as one ages. ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Would have been smarter (much smarter) to buy, and have it modified, abroad. 

He is at risk of having the last thing he hears "well, it was supposed to be bulletproof!"

No need to have it armored abroad, there is a few companies in Thailand that are more than capable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, webfact said:

The newly-named prime minister has recently purchased the Lexus LM350H Executive as a 7.59 million baht, privately-owned vehicle in which he is expected to go to the provinces and visit people.

Don't HI-SOs get them tax free like the Cops?

I'm sure he can claim a tax rebate using a vehicle to go to work and back, having to carry important documents. 

My old Accountant in OZ for $100 could sort that all out for you including running costs and devaluation.

NOW SORT THE GUN PROBLEM OUT !!! Edit; you could even claim for a driver. 

Edited by brianthainess

Chances are slim but there is the chance, that you might bump into the Swiss President in a check-out lane in a supermarket or another Swiss minister waiting for the public bus, sitting in a tram or a train. 

My conclusion is, the more banana-republic the more the show-off. If he likes a fancy car he certainly has more than loose change to buy all of his ministers such vans and, yep, some might be well advised in getting the bullet-proof version. Not all those ministers are as popular as they think ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, smedly said:

well what a nice gesture, can you quantify exactly how much of your net worth that actually cost..................0.000001%

how about helping to people with electric bills you smug ###

discusting 

He needed the tax write off and knows he will not be there long.