Indian Tour Guide Caught! Thai Police Apprehend Unauthorized Guide

webfact

image.jpeg

In a covert operation, Thai tourism police apprehended an Indian man who had clandestinely entered Thailand to work as an unlicensed tour guide.

The arrest took place near the renowned Wat Benchamabophit in Bangkok. Authorities seized cash receipts for entry fees to various tourist sites during a midday raid on September 25, reported Siam Rath.

Acting on a tip-off about suspicious behavior, the Tourism Police, in collaboration with the Department of Tourism, arrested the 47-year-old Indian national.

He was allegedly operating as an unauthorized tour guide for fellow Indian tourists. Officials conducted thorough inspections at several tourist spots in Bangkok, focusing on places like Wat Traimit Wittayaram and Wat Benchamabophit.

Officials discreetly observed and recorded video footage of the Indian guide narrating tours to his fellow countrymen before making the arrest. Preliminary investigations suggest that he was operating as an unlicensed tour guide, a violation of immigration and labor laws for foreign workers.

The suspect now faces charges under the relevant laws and will be processed by the immigration authorities for further legal action.

Picture: Siam Rath

-- ASEAN NOW 2023-09-26

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, webfact said:

In a covert operation, Thai tourism police apprehended an Indian man who had clandestinely entered Thailand to work as an unlicensed tour guide.

As a foreigner can you obtain a licence as a tour guide... thought not.

Thailand in the dark ages.

6 hours ago, Emdog said:

Any numbers on how many licensed Thai guides speak at least one of the 22 official languages of India. Yeah, I thought so....

I do know a Thai that can speak Hindi, she has lived in India a long time now, I think she can speak Konkan the native lingo to Goa, 

On 9/26/2023 at 4:07 PM, ChipButty said:

I do know a Thai that can speak Hindi, she has lived in India a long time now, I think she can speak Konkan the native lingo to Goa, 

Sign her up right away!!!! ????