Felicia, 25, in a coma after accident on Samui - family struggling to bring her home

webfact

12 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Good to know, thanks! 'Means tested' free hospital treatment for all has to be humane. In U.K. no means test would apply. As the 'accident' was Road Traffic the National Health Service would (attempt) to bill the responsible person as his motor insurance should be paying for the hospital treatment. We also have something known as the 'Criminal Injuries Compensation Board'. The police advised me to make a claim when three youths played football with my head. My hospital treatment was covered by the NHS and I received reasonable compensation for injuries as assessed by a Queen's Counsel Barrister.      

That's after they've taken your home and everything you own. 

13 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

If liability is with the company renting the vehicle (as it most always is in the west), the rental company is responsible for making the victim whole and collecting from their customer, the driver/renter.  

Not true... read your rental agreement and search case law... the rental agreement from every car agency in the USA specifically places liability with the renter... that's why they require the renter to provide insurance or buy the offered insurance... case law has supported this position many times... the rental agency is not liable for the renter's actions.

• Like 1

On 10/17/2023 at 9:58 AM, Mr Meeseeks said:

How many of them will have ridden a bike from that category before? 5%, or less?

Yes, that is the important point.....young women in Europe  don't usually go through a motorbike phase, men maybe, I believe modern 160cc scooters are a bit more of a serious vehicle for someone who has never been on 2 motorized wheels before. 

12 hours ago, EdrigoSalvadore said:

Many people are suspicious about if the accident actually happened, and if it's just a scam to make money. Gofundme seems to have stopped the donations from coming in. There's nothing about it in Thai news.

From the GoFundMe page (latest):

by Susanna Cedergren , Organizer (Mother)

Hey all! Right now there is a smear campaign going on about Felicia and what we do for her at Flashback. What they say there is something you wouldn't even wish on your worst enemy. Some people have no empathy or morality and are only tragic and what we would colloquially call "losers" or trolls. People who do not have a life of their own but need to create it based on others. (Google translate)

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hjalp-felicia-hem-fran-thailand-allt-hjalper

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

From the GoFundMe page (latest):

by Susanna Cedergren , Organizer (Mother)

Hey all! Right now there is a smear campaign going on about Felicia and what we do for her at Flashback. What they say there is something you wouldn't even wish on your worst enemy. Some people have no empathy or morality and are only tragic and what we would colloquially call "losers" or trolls. People who do not have a life of their own but need to create it based on others. (Google translate)

https://www.gofundme.com/f/hjalp-felicia-hem-fran-thailand-allt-hjalper

Maybe she should have used a better choice of words,  when begging for money.

Hope she recovers, but it does look a bit grim.

Edited by quake

35 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Yes, that is the important point.....young women in Europe  don't usually go through a motorbike phase, men maybe, I believe modern 160cc scooters are a bit more of a serious vehicle for someone who has never been on 2 motorized wheels before. 

+1 :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Says online now, from the hospital bed? Looks awful with those implants

guess  she wont be spending all day posing now then? alledgedly looking for work in Samui and owes a  lot of debt in her native country https://www.facebook.com/felicia.cedergren.1

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, proton said:

Says online now, from the hospital bed? Looks awful with those implants

plenty more of  her  suffering ,many it seems without clothes https://www.tiktok.com/@petitefeliciasky?lang=en   https://www.instagram.com/itsfeliciasky/

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/16/2023 at 11:22 AM, BritManToo said:

Not true!

Sky Felicia on only fans is non-white and has no arm tattoos.

u wanna  look harder.........way harder, shes there on almost everything yu can imagine, some sites  even show her income from it, surprised she cant fund her own repatriation with those earnings, heres the tame stuff https://www.tiktok.com/@petitefeliciasky?lang=en

On 10/16/2023 at 9:12 AM, BE88 said:

Another tragedy, but how can you go on holiday in Thailand, famous for its terrible insecurity roads without any insurance?

Most who take out annual multi-trip travel insurance don't realise it only provides 30 days  cover per country visit.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobydog said:

Thai Baht is around $A7,000!!!!!!

Thanks. What's that got to do with it?

And if you read my previous posts, I asked for no further replies to my rather silly question.

Edited by KannikaP

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

Thanks. What's that got to do with it?

And if you read my previous posts, I asked for no further replies to my rather silly question.

That's OK. On another topic, I said that UK does not have a DTA tax agreement with Thailand because I only looked under 'UK' but it was listed on the Thai RD website as 'Great Britain'.

<Self-deleted> happens. No big deal.

• Confused 1

I believe that Sweden is a country where wearing a helmet on a m/c is compulsory or at least customary.   Also it is the law in Thailand.  Just because the RTP do not enforce he law is not an excuse for not obeying it, particularly when it is common sense t wear a helmet, ( even the cheap Thai helmets give some protection,)

Can you sue the RTP for not doing their job, and protecting tourist from their own stupidity?

Also, What happened to the levy on all tourists to get a fund to pay for their medical treatment when they were not insured?  Lost in various corrupt officials pockets?

On 10/19/2023 at 11:32 AM, Rampant Rabbit said:

Dodgy as hell, she should keep funding it as of her site below

https://onlyfans.com/skyfelicia

ScandAsia confirmed quickly with the hospital that the young woman was indeed hospitalized there and the police in Koh Samui confirmed that the accident was real and that the story was not a scam.

Anyone can have an accident. Even an 'Only fans' girl.