Srettha Slammed For Literally Bowing To Paetongtarn

webfact

4 hours ago, hotchilli said:

That's everything that's wrong with this county...

she is not a Queen, and her father is not God

Seems to some brown nosing hypocritical slime bags she and he are as described. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Pathetic grovelling to an airhead of a daughter that knows nothing when Thaksin is waiting in the wings dodging jail awaiting to get his grubby hands on power again.

The people of Thailand and the country deserve better than this.

Absolutely no shame!

It is up to the Thai people who becomes PM unless the tanks roll in and the cuntry is stolen. Nothing done under a military government holds any water "null and void"! 

5 hours ago, mberbae said:

The writing was on the wall when Srettha's first act upon becoming

PM was to meet with Xi Jinping - and shortly thereafter inviting

Butcher Putin to visit Thailand. 

He has lost any credibility he pretended he had.

Nothing ever changes in Thailand no matter who is in power. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. What a pathetic country.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, OldBird said:

I see, yes, I see! It is better to sit on your couch in the comfort of your home and complain about people complaining online. Good on you, mate!

Believe me, I would have given up everything I was doing and joined the feeble, small protests, if it weren't for the small permanent deportation issue. 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Artisi said:

You are correct in that statement but, she was complicant in the over-throw of those selected to run the country in the last elections, so no, she doesn't deserve a bow or being elected as the leader of the current illegally appointed government. 

Yes. I think the late 19th and early 20th century expression "robber barons" applies, with regard to the army. You would think they would have had enough after 9 long years of gorging at the trough. Gluttons, one and all. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry lads, you obviously don’t know your etiquette. Bowing is a sign of politeness and a hand kiss is a respectful way to greet a lady. Usually used by diplomats, politicians etc. It’s a gesture not a real kiss. Still practiced often in certain circles and countries. I know many older men who still respect this greeting. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Their country, their right to politicize.

A good leader must put aside elements of external influence and negotiate alliances with former or current rivals in order to get support on voting bills and other proposals.

Don't see what the problem here as politicians do similar all over the world.

It's all about keeping ego aside, negotiating, getting support with rival formations,  and getting people around a table to agree mutually.

That's business...that's politics and that's how life goes towards success.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

14 hours ago, BritScot said:

It is up to the Thai people who becomes PM unless the tanks roll in and the cuntry is stolen. Nothing done under a military government holds any water "null and void"! 

The Thai people chose the Move Forward party but it was blocked by the military!

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Yes. I think the late 19th and early 20th century expression "robber barons" applies, with regard to the army. You would think they would have had enough after 9 long years of gorging at the trough. Gluttons, one and all. 

It goes far beyond military circles.

Remember who ultimately controls the military trough - the real robber barons.

Most aren't knowledgeable enough, as they still use the predictable surface excuse of the military. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I am a member of another, US based, forum, which boasts that it exists to answer questions and share knowledge. Much of it is rubbish, and I must confess I am losing interest in it. 

One of the recurrent themes is who bows and curtseys to whom within the British Royal Family. It seems to be a bizarre obsession, do Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie curtsey to the Princess of Wales, despite the former being "blood princesses", and who is the senior. Who cares? Especially as they probably just say "hi" in passing in the corridor!

This obsession shows all the signs of becoming a similar irrelevant phenomenon!

As another, @geisha, has pointed out it is a pretty standard if old fashioned " hi so" greeting; and after all, Srettha is a long standing family friend (crony if you wish).

Edited by herfiehandbag