Who got bored in Thailand and went back?

georgegeorgia

1 minute ago, Nemises said:

Will never get bored of being able to swim in a warm climate every day of year and will never get bored of 100b foot massages. Both of these luxuries are not possible in the homeland. 

Absolutely!

But remember not everyone likes what we like .

I love my Thai massages 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

The most boring time of my life was living in the UK, I left 50 years ago, first to Germany and then after retirement to Thailand, I've never been back. I live in a rural village here, something that the average falang would describe as boring but to me it's wonderful.. My treat is an hours walk at 4:30 am then to sit in meditation at the lake side and listen to the monks chanting in the nearby temple as the sun starts to rise over the rice fields and floods the ornate temple buildings with light, after 19 years here it is still an exotic experience.

So you must live in the North West of Thailand?

Is it the North East that is hot and dry ?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

I absolutely would not go back and live in the UK and sometimes wonder what kind of boring life i would have if i hadn't found Thailand 30 odd years ago. A recent trip back home confirmed to me that i am in the right place here. For all it's faults, Thailand is still a great place to live compared to a western country.

You do need to incorporate some routine into your life here which must include exercise. Drinking must also be limited, in fact staying out of bars altogether is probably the way to go. 

As for the ladies, i suppose it depends on if you like old and plump with attitude or younger and slim. I know which i prefer.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It may not be Thailand though, 

Any mention of being dissatisfied on this forum gets met with all kinds of attacks, usually of the "it's just you" variety

This is a great place to ponder expat life with other ponderers, BUT

If it is indeed not Thailand, then it must be some variation of "just you". Bad fit, or whatever.

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

This is a great place to ponder expat life with other ponderers, BUT

If it is indeed not Thailand, then it must be some variation of "just you". Bad fit, or whatever.

it's both. the point is that it's not ideal for everybody and has a lot of negatives.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1