UN warns of ‘blatant disregard for basic humanity’ in Gaza warfare

CharlieH

3 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, that's you posting untruths again.

You embrace the basic concepts associated with the Palestinian narrative and repeat them on loop here.

As for the supposed 'Zionist' narrative - you insist on this being monolith and extreme - which it is not. Nothing in my posts to indicate that I support the more extreme versions of Zionism, and nothing in your posts that acknowledges that there are many faces to Zionism - not just what you choose to paint it as.

I do repeat what I believe is the "Palestinian narrative."

You repeat and presumably believe the Zionist narrative that all that land belongs to the Hebrews. I disagree with that. 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Thank you for sharing your bigotry with us. In fact, before the 7 day war, Palestinians were among the most highly educated and successful in the Arab world.. After the Israelis occupied the west bank and governed in a way to impoverish the Palestinians and deny them opportunities for advancement, the decline began.

Yes...them highly educated Palestinians. Maybe in relation to the general situation in the ME, doubt it applied or applies internationally.

But sure, why not....find another bogus thing to blame Israel with.

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

Feel free, I gave you the opportunity and I also gave my opinions. But I see you prefer baiting despite that

I'm not baitin g. I can't imagine that this scenario is anything but true and common sense should tell you that too.

• Confused 2

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not what I sad is it? You claiming it';s all about parents sending their kids to to be trained as terrorists is propaganda. When did military training become  terrorism per se? I was a sea cadet at school. Is this different?

Did you do this as a sea cadet? LOL 

Edited by Bkk Brian

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Do you think this about the parents? What about those who no longer enjoy the luxury of having parents? Cut the propaganda.

Whereas your post was not 'propaganda'? Can you actually discuss things without this nonsense?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

slur me all you like. I was here at the beginning. I have better things to do that constantly argue with those who deny reality in their religious fervour.

'Slur' you how? You weren't partaking much on these topics until not long ago. That's not a slur, but a fact.

This 'better things to do' attitude is exactly what I was referring to - expecting to be spoon fed.

I don't know that there's a whole lot of 'religious fervor' in evidence, not a religious person myself.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

16 hours ago, WDSmart said:

The atrocities which "have been committed" by the IDF (Zionists) over the 100+ year period these two peoples have been at war include all the atrocities cited in my original post, which include murder, torture, and rape. 

This is a blunt lie that should be removed.

Tsahal's people are the most dedicated and professional fighters on the planet. They have to get on with an enormous and ungratifying task, which they will carry out in the most humane fashion. It is Hamas who uses the population as  human shields. But it is the population, probably driven by its hatred of Israel, that refuses to turn against the bloodthirsty, rapist war criminals.

13 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

You may or may not be a zionist but you certainly don't see both sides of the argument.

Well, I'm not pushing any extreme narrative and versions of things.

As posted more than once - I feel differently about Israeli policies with regard to the West Bank and the Gaza Strip.

The former being mostly wrong, the latter being way more justified.

10 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Made up? What's made up is the denial that this scenario isn't playing out every hour.

The premise is that Israel has increased the number of Hamas terrorists. Do you deny that?

I do deny that .

Hamas membership has declined since the war began , due to them being killed .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yes...them highly educated Palestinians. Maybe in relation to the general situation in the ME, doubt it applied or applies internationally.

But sure, why not....find another bogus thing to blame Israel with.

Well, I was replying to Ezzra's post, was  I not? It was about the Palestinians in the ME.

And odd how you object to my post, but Ezzra's ugly piece of bigotry drew no reproof at all from you. Do you you find his post less objectionable? Unobjectionable?

Edited by placeholder
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Absolutely correct, this is certainly no way to resolve the situation, but the extremists in Israel are not interested in a resolution. As you say they are interested in a complete takeover, they want to force the Palestinians out, or control them with an iron fist. Like Russia, they do not seem to be bothered by the slaughter of innocent women or children. Moral bankruptcy? 

Absolutely how? Do you have anything to support this with? Do you see any will to resolve things in a peaceful manner from Hamas? Do you see the PA being proactive on peace? You don't seem to be much bothered about Israeli children being murdered, abducted either - what does it say about your moral stance? Also, no issues with Hamas putting the Gazans in harm's way to begin with, or treating them as 'necessary sacrifices for the cause'.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

You repeat and presumably believe the Zionist narrative that all that land belongs to the Hebrews. I disagree with that. 

Israelis are happy willing and content to share the land with the Palestinians , its the Palestinians who refuse to share the land with the Israelis is where the problem is 

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

2 million Palestinians Arabs live in Israel  proper , why shouldn't some Israeli Jews live in the West bank ?

If and when there's a Palestinian State there, maybe you'd have a point. Otherwise, not so much.

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

Yes. And at least in part, a whole lot to do with Palestinian choices, actions, attitudes and so on.

One of the oddest things about comments like this is that implicit in them is that the settlement of the West Bank is inexorable process that can only be contained by some sort of agreement on the part of the Palestinians. It's one thing to militarily occupy territory, quite another to colonize it.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Made up? What's made up is the denial that this scenario isn't playing out every hour.

The premise is that Israel has increased the number of Hamas terrorists. Do you deny that?

No, that's more of your unsupported hyperbole assertions. It's how you roll on these forums.

I think that the actual increase in card-carrying full-pledged Hamas terrorists is, on average, pretty constant. Sometimes up, sometimes down.

26 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Not what I sad is it? You claiming it';s all about parents sending their kids to to be trained as terrorists is propaganda. When did military training become  terrorism per se? I was a sea cadet at school. Is this different?

That's got to be the dumbest post I have read so far. Hamas are a terrorist organisation, so therefore it's terrorist training.

Unless the the sea cadets have been declared a terrorist organisation in whatever country you were in then I would say its quite different.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Why do you need to blatantly lie?

I did not say anything about 'all the land' belonging to Israel ('Hebrews'? Seriously...). Quite the opposite on numerous posts.

Also there is no unified Zionist narrative that claims this - you're making things up all along.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not baitin g. I can't imagine that this scenario is anything but true and common sense should tell you that too.

The key word in your post is 'imagine'. Try facts and reality instead.

33 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Could you tell us a bit more about your sea Cadets .

We cannot compare Hamas training to your sea cadet training unless you tell us a bit more about your sea cadet training 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Israelis are happy willing and content to share the land with the Palestinians , its the Palestinians who refuse to share the land with the Israelis is where the problem is 

That's a wide brush, misleading comment.

23 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:
17 hours ago, WDSmart said:

The atrocities which "have been committed" by the IDF (Zionists) over the 100+ year period these two peoples have been at war include all the atrocities cited in my original post, which include murder, torture, and rape. 

This is a blunt lie that should be removed.

Tsahal's people are the most dedicated and professional fighters on the planet. They have to get on with an enormous and ungratifying task, which they will carry out in the most humane fashion. It is Hamas who uses the population as  human shields. But it is the population, probably driven by its hatred of Israel, that refuses to turn against the bloodthirsty, rapist war criminals.

Ben, read these... 

Specific risks facing women and girls in Palestine | United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs - occupied Palestinian territory (ochaopt.org)

How colonizers weaponize rape: reflections from the Palestinian case – Mondoweiss

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, placeholder said:

One of the oddest things about comments like this is that implicit in them is that the settlement of the West Bank is inexorable process that can only be contained by some sort of agreement on the part of the Palestinians. It's one thing to militarily occupy territory, quite another to colonize it.

A whole lot happened before the illegal settlement effort became a possibility and a thing. What I referred to - Palestinian choices, actions, attitudes and so on, contributed heavily to bringing about current conditions. I think you're aware of my positions regarding Israel's policies in the West Bank, and if you weren't maybe that 'illegal' bit might help. There are two sides to this conflict - both have made mistakes, bad choices, regretful actions and whatnot. Making it all about one side's supposed blame is another (bad) choice.