Israel losing global support over Gaza bombing, Biden says

CharlieH

1 hour ago, stevenl said:

No idea where he got it from, but I agree with the author. The situation in Gaza can't be compared to Germany, Japan, daesh or any like it 

Doesn't seem to be much of an issue for many posters here when they compare Israel to this or that, or what Israel does in the Gaza Strip or West Bank to other regimes, times in history and so on.

I agree that things cannot be exactly compared, there are always variants. But it is true that there's enough historical reference to suggest that using force to dismantle regimes, organizations and even ideologies can be effective. It can be qualified by saying that it's more effective when combined with some long term approach which is not force-based

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This is interesting-

Can Hamas actually be eliminated? This is what military and security analysts think

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/12/israel-gaza-war-can-hamas-actually-be-eliminated-experts-weigh-in.html

I'm not keen on Elon Musk but he got one thing spot on when talking about the situation in Gaza.

First of course get rid of Hamas: or in his words “Those that are intent on murder must be neutralised". The propaganda must stop that is training people to be murderers in the future. And then, making Gaza prosperous. And if that happens, I think it will be a good future.

“These people have been fed propaganda since they were children. And it’s remarkable what humans are capable of if they’re fed falsehoods from when they are children,” Musk said. “They will think that the murder of innocent people is a good thing. That is how much propaganda can affect people’s minds.” He elaborated that video footage of Hamas militants storming a kibbutz, a music festival and homes to capture and kill innocent Israeli citizens demonstrates exactly how much damage ruthless propaganda can cause by inciting people to be violent.

https://www.firstpost.com/world/deradicalise-first-and-then-rebuild-elon-musk-outlines-steps-to-reconstruct-gaza-in-post-war-phase-13439912.html

12 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Anyone that knows the history of the region know the answer to that. I'm not going to give a history lesson here as it would just get deleted, but the information is all out there on the internet. You just have to look for it.

And what information exactly would you be referring to?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The Zionists could stop this as well, but they want the Palestinian problem gone forever.

I am a Zionist. And you blame them for wanting to end the killing of children in Israel by Hamas? They target schools. Who would want that crossing their border? 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Typical reductive thinking. Something you do again and again. As though there are always only 2 options and you get to define what the other one is.

That's the second time you've said as much in recent posts - but failed to elaborate.

13 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

The Zionists could stop this as well, but they want the Palestinian problem gone forever.

As a rule of thumb, people who refer to Israelis as Zionists, are ones having issues with the country's existence.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, placeholder said:

Typical reductive thinking. Something you do again and again. As though there are always only 2 options and you get to define what the other one is.

So, what are the other options? You've already been asked countless times and never respond with anything. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I have no problem with Jews but Zionists are something else, get rid of Bibi and co and all their claptrap ideas.

I have no problem with Jews but Zionists are something else, wink-wink-nudge-nudge...

Yeah, the Jews willing to be eradicated by the Palestinians are okay, it's only the ones that fight back that are a problem. 

River to the sea baby! 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

I have no problem with Jews but Zionists are something else, wink-wink-nudge-nudge...

Yeah, the Jews willing to be eradicated by the Palestinians are okay, it's only the ones that fight back that are a problem. 

River to the sea baby! 

Yeah, the Jews willing to fight back Zionists are Bibi's problem.

• Confused 1