The Children of Gaza = More than 7000 Killed.

CharlieH

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

He could have said that on any channel. I don't see what Democracy Now has to do with what he says.

Chomsky is Jewish.

He is regarded as THE expert on the Middle East.

Did you disagree with any of what he said? I'd like to know is he is not being honest.

Evidently, you failed to comprehend what my response to you was.

The reason the video was on that channel is because the hostess was programed to ask the questions that aligned with the slanted views of so-called Middle East expert, Noam Chomsky. If he is THE expert on the Middle East, then I am THE expert on Hawaii.  The truth is I am not and neither is Chomsky as you claim.

Again, you need to read my reply to that totally biased video.  If you still don't get the message, perhaps a course in remedial English is in line.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Didn't you ask for my opinion?  Twice in fact. 

Parties?  The biggie I would like to be invited to is the party celebrating Israel's victory over Hamas.  In fact, I just might have one myself.  At the rate Israel is murdering all these children and innocent civilians, my wish is for it to come soon.

11 hours ago, Neeranam said:

He could have said that on any channel. I don't see what Democracy Now has to do with what he says.

Chomsky is Jewish.

He is regarded as THE expert on the Middle East.

Did you disagree with any of what he said? I'd like to know is he is not being honest.

Chomsky is a Jew. Something accurate.

American, not Israeli BTW.

So that proves what exactly dear?

If I post 1000 opinions countering the views of extremist Chomsky, their views would be worth more or less for being non Israeli Jews?

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The ignorance in that post is stunning. 

Why? 

Is what I said incorrect? 

You are not Jewish? 

You do not side with Isreal becauae of your race? 

Jewish people were not give that place and give a new country after the war?

That country didn't  belonged to peolpe already and the west used force agsis them to comply? 

And, Isreal did not expand further into that country as their population grew, beyond their designated limits? 

Is that not correct? 

Edited by jak2002003
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

"ABC radio presenter axed after Israel-Hamas conflict posts"

Many people around the world have taken the Hamas-Israel war and made it about themselves under the guise of caring for the Palestinians like this dimwitted woman in this article who went on to say:  “If someone doesn’t want to work with me because I defend press freedom, responsible and fair journalism that doesn’t bow to political intimidation and lobby groups. Oh, and coz I also don’t want more kids to get bombed – well f--- them.”

https://www.theage.com.au/national/abc-radio-presenter-axed-after-israel-hamas-conflict-posts-20231220-p5esu7.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why? 

You are not Jewish? 

That country didn't  belonged to peolpe already and the west used force agsis them to comply? 

And, Isreal did not expand further into that country as their population grew, beyond their designated limits? 

Is that not correct? 

Your ignorance and lack of history knowledge is really showing saying that Israel was a 'gift' to the Jewish people after the WWII war,

i strongly suggests that you go back to the history books and read up on biblical times, the holy land, the origin of the Jewish people and the so called "Palestinian people"..

( The Jews in the holy-land has 2000 odd years ago crucified Jesus right? ergo, there were Jews back than living and occupying

Israel)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Why? 

You are not Jewish? 

Is that not correct? 

Go and learn about history, this place isn't the place to study about history . 

Get some knowledge before you comment on subjects 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Israel is going to be paying for this horrific genocide for at least a generation to come. There's no question that Hamas is evil and there's no question that a response was required, but this is so grossly out of proportion and so poorly managed, that thousands of people are being killed and far too many of those people are women and children. And they are not the spouses of Hamas leaders, as the false tropes go. They are innocent women and children Palestinians. 

Israel has a horrific amount of blood on their hands this is not going to go unnoticed. Netanyahu and his extremist, "so called ultra orthodox" freak friends are savages. 

There is no 'genocide' other than in comments seeking to hype things and degrade the meaning of the word.

As for paying-the-price-for-generations-to-come - just another of your usual hot-air nonsense comments. Pay how? What price? Generations? You just toss words about, not bothering whether they mean anything.

Obviously no realistic input as to what an 'appropriate' response would have been and how it could have been carried out. You don't do that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spidermike007 said:

You are so blinded by your allegiance to Israel, that nothing any of us can say to you would make the slightest impact on your very closed mind.

No, that's just you saying things, as usual.

You do not address actual points. You do not respond to facts.

Almost all of your posts on this are the same - hot air, big words and that's it.

As said more than once - I see most of what Israel does in the West Bank as wrong, less so when it comes to the Gaza Strip. You can continue to misrepresent my views, of course - it's not like you have much use for fact, reality and so on.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Morch said:

No, that's just you saying things, as usual.

You do not address actual points. You do not respond to facts.

Almost all of your posts on this are the same - hot air, big words and that's it.

As said more than once - I see most of what Israel does in the West Bank as wrong, less so when it comes to the Gaza Strip. You can continue to misrepresent my views, of course - it's not like you have much use for fact, reality and so on.

Your posts aren't? Your views aren't misrepresented, you are Islamophobic to the core.

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

Your ignorance and lack of history knowledge is really showing saying that Israel was a 'gift' to the Jewish people after the WWII war,

i strongly suggests that you go back to the history books and read up on biblical times, the holy land, the origin of the Jewish people and the so called "Palestinian people"..

( The Jews in the holy-land has 2000 odd years ago crucified Jesus right? ergo, there were Jews back than living and occupying

Israel)

I attended a Catholic School for 12 years where every year religion was a standard course, which naturally included bible study.  Both the old and new testaments mention the Jews.  Today, I look to the Bible for its historical value and not its religious significance.  Archaeological discoveries have shown the geography and historical events recorded in the Bible are fairly accurate.  Therefore, using the Bible as a reference in discussing the present dispute regarding Israel and Palestine, I feel is quite reliable.

One of the main differences between the Jewish and Christian faiths is about Jesus Christ.  Christians believe he was the Messiah while most Jews believe he was a prophet. Islam has similar views as Christians about Jesus.  Since all three religions consider Jerusalem as a holy site why not designate it as an open city.  Being an international city would prohibit both Israelis and Palestinians from making it their capital city.  Then with international help a new capital could be built in the West Bank for the Palestinians.    Would this diffuse some of the hostilities between the two camps?  I am far from being an expert in this area, but can only hope this would stop the constant controversy over the city and save it from any more destruction.

If you only have negative comments to make, keep them to yourselves.

https://www.levitt.com/essays/palestine

https://www.ispeacestillpossible.com/jerusalem-openvsdividedcity

Edited by Hawaiian
Add links

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Care to show an example? Never mind your 'to the core' nonsense.

Can you show an example where I am antisemitic? Your denial of any war crimes by Israel is so out there it's proof of Islamophobia right there.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Can you show an example where I am antisemitic? Your denial of any war crimes by Israel is so out there it's proof of Islamophobia right there.

Did I claim you were 'antisemitic'?

I do not deny 'any war crime by Israel'. I'm saying that your wholesale, decisive pronouncements are your opinions, not a legal fact.

And that has nothing to do with Islamophobia, other than in your twisted logic.

1 minute ago, Morch said:

Did I claim you were 'antisemitic'?

I do not deny 'any war crime by Israel'. I'm saying that your wholesale, decisive pronouncements are your opinions, not a legal fact.

And that has nothing to do with Islamophobia, other than in your twisted logic.

Never said they weren't my opinions.The real point here is that I am not robinson crusoe. Inability to acknowledge any significant failing on behalf of your team is highly questionable

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Never said they weren't my opinions.The real point here is that I am not robinson crusoe. Inability to acknowledge any significant failing on behalf of your team is highly questionable

You state 'war crimes', as if it's a fact, an agreed upon legal reality. You do this repeatedly. That's pretty much how you roll - never bothering much with qualifying your remarks, views, opinions and so on - always presenting them as fact.

I did not fail to acknowledge anything. I simply don't jump in stating things which aren't decided. I have acknowledged that the civilian death toll is very high, that there are surely instances which could (and will be) decided as 'war crimes'. Blanket statements such as you dabble in are something else.

Consider that in light of Hamas's very extensive underground facilities, they could have provided shelter for many of these civilians. They choose not to. Hamas is the government in the Gaza Strip. You do not seem to much bothered with that point.

Just now, Morch said:

You state 'war crimes', as if it's a fact, an agreed upon legal reality. You do this repeatedly. That's pretty much how you roll - never bothering much with qualifying your remarks, views, opinions and so on - always presenting them as fact.

I did not fail to acknowledge anything. I simply don't jump in stating things which aren't decided. I have acknowledged that the civilian death toll is very high, that there are surely instances which could (and will be) decided as 'war crimes'. Blanket statements such as you dabble in are something else.

Consider that in light of Hamas's very extensive underground facilities, they could have provided shelter for many of these civilians. They choose not to. Hamas is the government in the Gaza Strip. You do not seem to much bothered with that point.

Israeli war crimes are sufficiently widely enough alleged that I can safely claim it's not an extreme position. In fact the minority (by far) deny these are war crimes. As I suggested, try reading independent sources. Israel risks being a pariah nation for generations.

• Confused 2

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Israeli war crimes are sufficiently widely enough alleged that I can safely claim it's not an extreme position. In fact the minority (by far) deny these are war crimes. As I suggested, try reading independent sources. Israel risks being a pariah nation for generations.

You claim 'war crimes'. There is no actual investigation, there is no such definitive pronouncement by relevant bodies. It's an opinion, mostly aired by biased sources, people, bodies. It's not a fact as your seem to think. To put it in words which might be easier for you to understand - you're jumping the gun.

I've no idea what 'independent sources' you're on about, or how does that change the fact that there is no proper legal verdict on 'war crimes' being committed.

As for your last bit - if you say so, kinda doubt it myself.

16 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Maybe a pariah in some circles, but if Hamas is eliminated accolades may be the outcome from other quarters.  In a previous post, you mentioned the decades of resentment from the defeated after WWII.  When I pointed out the mutual security and defense treaties made a few years after the war (not decades) you dismissed this as being political and not personal sentiments. 

Although we can only surmise how the Israelis are perceived after the hostilities end, I would say your negative views will be proven wrong.  Time moves on.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Morch said:

You claim 'war crimes'. There is no actual investigation, there is no such definitive pronouncement by relevant bodies. It's an opinion, mostly aired by biased sources, people, bodies. It's not a fact as your seem to think. To put it in words which might be easier for you to understand - you're jumping the gun.

I've no idea what 'independent sources' you're on about, or how does that change the fact that there is no proper legal verdict on 'war crimes' being committed.

As for your last bit - if you say so, kinda doubt it myself.

Similar to an indictment.  Evidence is not always what it seems to be.  Nothing is certain until a verdict is issued. 

Seems we already have a judge an jury in place. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Did the Hamas/Palestinians leadership ever considered what would be the repercussions of such an act  on the 7th of October? or they thought that Israel will not dare to attack because of the hostages? well, someone/s miscalculated big time here, but than again, Hamas don't really care for the Palestinians, using them a human shields and for the whole world to feel sorry for them and angry at Israel, Hamas won the battle that day, but will lose the war with a huge price to pay...

Edited by ezzra
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Did the Hamas/Palestinians leadership ever considered what would be the repercussions of such an act  on the 7th of October? or they thought that Israel will not dare to attack because of the hostages? well, someone/s miscalculated big time here, but than again, Hamas don't really care for the Palestinians, using them a human shields and for the whole world to feel sorry for them and angry at Israel, Hamas won the battle that day, but will lose the war with a huge price to pay...

It's certain they expected a military response but not at this high intensity level. It's also been mentioned that they were surprised at the high level of "success" from their POV of their barbaric terrorist attack.

• Agree 1

On 12/20/2023 at 5:50 PM, Neeranam said:

Do they not have the right to protect themselves against Israel mowing their lawn?

According to the israeli apologists only israel has a "right" to protect itself, and mere Palestinians only have the "right" to accept being blown to bits while unable to respond.

Meanwhile israel continues with it's campaign to ethnically cleanse the Gaza Strip by making the entire area uninhabitable.

One can only hope that Karma gets the israelis after it's all over, but one  suspects it will be too late for many more thousands of dead Palestinian children.

https://www.wsj.com/world/middle-east/hunger-spreads-in-gaza-as-fighting-rages-677b73d8

Residents of the Gaza Strip are facing widespread starvation for the first time in recent history

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/20/2023 at 11:17 PM, spidermike007 said:

Israel is going to be paying for this horrific genocide for at least a generation to come. There's no question that Hamas is evil and there's no question that a response was required, but this is so grossly out of proportion and so poorly managed, that thousands of people are being killed and far too many of those people are women and children. And they are not the spouses of Hamas leaders, as the false tropes go. They are innocent women and children Palestinians. 

Israel has a horrific amount of blood on their hands this is not going to go unnoticed. Netanyahu and his extremist, "so called ultra orthodox" freak friends are savages. 

I agree with your post 100%.

So many reports coming out on Al Jazeera about the vile actions of israeli troops, looting, executing unarmed Palestinians, humiliating Palestinians, treating Palestinian prisoners badly, vandalising Palestinian property. Much of the evidence is on VDO taken and posted by the israeli troops themselves.

Seems more like a horde of barbarians than the "most moral army in the world".

It's likely that none of that reporting will come out on western MSM as there seems to be a campaign to censor anything that supports Palestinians.

https://www.aljazeera.com/amp/news/2023/12/21/meta-stifling-pro-palestine-voices-on-social-media-hrw

Social media giant Meta has systematically censored pro-Palestine voices during the current Israel-Palestinian conflict, according to a new report by Human Rights Watch (HRW).

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/14/elizabeth-warren-mark-zuckerberg-meta-instagram-censorship

The US senator Elizabeth Warren issued a letter on Thursday to Mark Zuckerberg demanding information relating to allegations of suppression of pro-Palestine content on Meta platforms.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, ezzra said:

Israel)

If you actually believe that, you ergo must support giving all North American land back to the Native Americans, and returning all English land back to the Saxons, etc.

It can't just be about israelis, no matter how much you want it to be. They are no more special when it comes to historical occupation of land than any other race in a similar situation.

• Agree 2