Thailand wants to see far more US and Canadian tourists as long-haul visitors spend twice as much

webfact

The arrogance of Thailand is quite astounding.  Rather than treat people properly, they think that by changing their tune and being friendly to some nationalities they are giving them some kind of privilege for being "invited" to thailand.  

Honestly if you want thailand of old go to Bali.  Thailand is second world run like a third world country.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Bobthegimp said:

Pattaya is crawling with them again.

What is Pattaya's major malfunction?  I mean, I keep reading about the street brawls, traffic accidents and shirtless yobs. Then there was the guy who took a dump in front of a minimart. Not having been there meself, I can't figure it out.

Edited by Woke to Sounds of Horking
clarity

13 minutes ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

What is Pattaya's major malfunction?  I mean, I keep reading about the street brawls, traffic accidents and shirtless yobs. Then there was the guy who took a dump in front of a minimart. Not having been there meself, I can't figure it out.

There is just something about the mindset of a traveler who lands in Thailand. Not all, but a good number from all countries think since they are on vacation in Pattaya that laws don't apply to them.

Edited by HappyExpat57
speling and punkshooaishun [sic]
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Woke to Sounds of Horking said:

Mostly exaggerated by folk in the peanut gallery, who have never been there.

Pattaya is ok.

But you get problems just like any city.

No big deal. did 20 years there. was ok.

Edited by quake
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Real Name Hidden said:

Songkran all month?  That’s supposed to attract tourists?

I wonder how much "thought" went into it, my guess, a long process, 5.... maybe 10 minutes (yes, I am aware that this is a very long time, for Thais to think, I am being generous). My personal thought,  a month long celebration would make the celebration boring, it just becomes another day, after day.

Edited by Aussie999
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Khyron said:

We (the wife and I) usually make the trip once every 2 or 3 years, since 94. As we are getting older the long flights are getting longer it seems. A non stop from the west coast would be great. I know there is one from Vancouver, but that is sketchy in the winter when we usually go. When I retire in a few years, it won't be that big of a deal.

There are Singapore Airline flights from several western USA cities and Newark that are nonstop to Singapore.  Also if you live near a Delta Hub - you can get a onestop on Delta or Korean Air to BKK via ICN.  I have flown the Delta/Korean Air flights several times.  But I think I would prefer Singapore Air because the final flight is so short.