What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

The Black Widower: The Six Wives of Thomas Randolph

Thomas Randolph has been married six times, and four of his wives are dead. Several died under mysterious circumstances, leading some to call the Nevada man a “Black Widower.”

Now, ID presents this wild and weird story that explores whether Randolph is a calculated killer driven by greed, or, as he claims, just unlucky in love.

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Watched Episode One so far and I'm hooked.

Nebraska in the 1950s is like a different planet.

I prefer a good doco to most movies.👍

• Thumbs Up 2

Mafia Spies

New series just dropping.

Reveals the startling tale of the CIA's, the mob's, and Sinatra's Rat Pack's connections from Vegas to Miami to Havana, exploring America's most amazing espionage operations ever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

must be me, but seems like summer blockbusters arent what they used to be. here is a list. nothing amazing as far as what i have watched so far

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-lists/most-anticipated-movies-summer-2024-1235000478/hit-man-june-7-1235000960/

very bored and nothing much to watch... i just started watching GOT for a second time...

just finished season 25 of law and order svu... watched all 25 seasons over 2 months... 

Edited by Pouatchee

40 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

must be me, but seems like summer blockbusters arent what they used to be. here is a list. nothing amazing as far as what i have watched so far

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv-movies/tv-movie-lists/most-anticipated-movies-summer-2024-1235000478/hit-man-june-7-1235000960/

very bored and nothing much to watch... i just started watching GOT for a second time...

just finished season 25 of law and order svu... watched all 25 seasons over 2 months... 

Maybe the cartoon and Daddio

Ghost in the Shell 2017

Basically cr*p, but decent CGI dystopian cyberpunk visuals. Only worth watching if you're a hardcore SF fan with an irresistible compulsion AND you'd like to watch Scarlett Johansson gallivanting in a bodysuit--which is very, very nice. 

Mix of Blade Runner, Robocop, a little Matrix, and standard tropes.  

5 hours ago, BigStar said:

Ghost in the Shell 2017

Basically cr*p, but decent CGI dystopian cyberpunk visuals. Only worth watching if you're a hardcore SF fan with an irresistible compulsion AND you'd like to watch Scarlett Johansson gallivanting in a bodysuit--which is very, very nice. 

Under the Skin (2013) was far more revealing.

Lucy (2014) though not so revealing was a far better movie. 

On 7/16/2024 at 2:06 PM, Will27 said:

Mafia Spies

New series just dropping.

Reveals the startling tale of the CIA's, the mob's, and Sinatra's Rat Pack's connections from Vegas to Miami to Havana, exploring America's most amazing espionage operations ever.

Is this a true story/stories or part fiction/part truth?

Watching the 2017 series  Riviera, again, this time with my wife, she likes it a lot as well.

A woman discovers her family's lifestyle has been funded by blood and seeks to protect herself and her loved ones.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, xylophone said:

Is this a true story/stories or part fiction/part truth?

I haven't watched it as yet, but IMDB says it's a documentary.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Mike Teavee said:

The Tunnel https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2711738/

A prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the U.K. and France, and two agents must work together on behalf of their respective countries to find the murderer.

This sounds good. Just did a quick look around and haven't been able to find it. Any tips on where I should look?

A torrent URL has been removed as links to sharing websites are not allowed, if you want to share a site you can put up the name of a site and let the person asking find it

12 hours ago, gargamon said:

image.png.93256c60e717981dd1b0db81bb8c2747.png

New series today. Anthony Hopkins, etc.

The series explores a side of Rome never before told - the dirty business of entertaining the masses, giving the mob what they want most - blood and sport.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10569934

I read the book many years ago, really interesting. 

16 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Watched Kevin Costner's latest epic western, it wasn't very good.

Bad acting, poor storyline, rambling plots.

Apparently because of poor box office sales the follow up movies have been dropped. He's going to lose a ton of money, but it isn't the first flop he's made.

8 hours ago, mstevens said:

This sounds good. Just did a quick look around and haven't been able to find it. Any tips on where I should look?

Sorry I got it on my WizzTV subscription.

I've just checked and it is available on CInemaHD which does allow you to download shows BUT looking at the available streams they're all Dizilab so will have hard coded Turkish Subtitles & I've no doubt these will occasionally block out the Show's English subtitles (when the characters speak French there are built in English Subs) so might get annoying unless you're fluent in French.

Hopefully somebody will be able to point you in the right direction as it is a good show.  

8 hours ago, mstevens said:

Available on Flixflare if you are looking to stream.

I watched an Agatha Christie 2 episode offering on BBC iPlayer last night and thought it was by far the best I've ever seen! Called, "Witness for the Prosecution", starring Toby Jones and it was an intriguing mystery right up until the very end.....with an enexpected ending!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/19/2024 at 1:53 AM, mstevens said:
On 7/18/2024 at 1:01 PM, Mike Teavee said:

A prominent French politician is found dead on the border between the U.K. and France, and two agents must work together on behalf of their respective countries to find the murderer.

Seasons 1-3 are on kickass

• Thumbs Up 2

On 7/18/2024 at 1:01 PM, Mike Teavee said:

Very similar storyline to "The Bridge" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1733785/ 

When a body is found on the bridge between Denmark and Sweden, right on the border, Danish inspector Martin Rohde and Swedish Saga Norén have to share jurisdiction and work together to find the killer.

... which I remembered enjoying & so far, am really enjoying this one

Thanks for the heads up. @Mike Teavee  I enjoyed the Bridge. I'll have a look at The Tunnel.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/18/2024 at 12:15 PM, BigStar said:

Thanks - sounds like a nice bit of escapism for when I am bored :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

SciFi, you junkies.

I started watching this, the Chinese version:

Three-Body (2023)

30 episodes, slow-paced, more faithful to the books. Authentically Chinese. More science; more cerebral--which I like. Not sure yet HOW much patience will be required, but I'll see if I can stay with it. So far it IS at least progressing one way or the other.

The Netflix version:

3 Body Problem

8 episodes for shorter attention spans, compressed & a bit dumbed down as you'd expect.

Knowledgeable redditors discuss at length the difference between the two versions:

https://reddit.com/r/threebodyproblem/comments/1brdoum/threebody_2023chinese30_eps_vs_3_body/

One redditor says in short:

Chinese: more realistic, scarier and complete. but it also has a plot that could be done in half the number of episodes and you feel it.

English: easier to watch, better visual effects, more dynamic. but they simplified and changed the plot, removed explanations.

Some complaints about the acting in the English version.

• Agree 1