What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

17 hours ago, Will27 said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but series 2 of Troppo has dropped.

I would have downloaded it a couple of weeks ago but the size was too big. The official release date according to trakt is tomorrow so there should be some more reasonably sized versions available in a day or two.

The Murderous Scissor Sisters

A new documentary about Charlotte and Linda Mulhall – dubbed the ‘Scissor Sisters’ by Irish media – and their killing of Farah Swaleh Noor.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished season 1 of Black Space and it was good IMHO. It was recommended by @recom273 earlier in this thread. It's on 1337x, kickass & TheRARBG.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13660638/

There is a S02 running now, but its on Israeli TV with no English subs.

I started watching a French series, Mafiosas - I struggled through the first episode, I find French TV too tiring to keep up, a little like The Bureau, another show I gave up on. Finally settled on Troppo S01. 

7 minutes ago, recom273 said:
17 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I've just finished season 1 of Black Space and it was good IMHO. It was recommended by @recom273 earlier in this thread. It's on 1337x, kickass & TheRARBG.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13660638/

I started watching a French series, Mafiosas - I struggled through the first episode, I find French TV too tiring to keep up, a little like The Bureau, another show I gave up on. Finally settled on Troppo S01. 

Thanks for the heads up about Black Space season 2 @recom273

20 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Where can I watch this please.

The only place I can find it, is on Channel 5.   It was released on 9 July 2024.

It might take a while to be released to movie apps.

14 minutes ago, Raindancer said:

The only place I can find it, is on Channel 5.   It was released on 9 July 2024.

It might take a while to be released to movie apps.

Thank you for your assistance.

1 hour ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Where can I watch this please.

It's available on EZTV

If you can't find it, PM me and I will send you the direct link.

Edited by Rimmer
Link removed
  • Thumbs Up 1

19 hours ago, recom273 said:

Thanks If someone compares a series to the excellent The Bureau then I have to give it a chance. I hope it is at least half as good

Going back into the archives I downloaded and watched "Vice", a movie about Dick Cheney, superbly played by Christian Bale. It is mostly a true story and shows why the US invented the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" to invade Iraq....shameful, but a good movie.

Also watched a very good movie called "The Courier" with Benedict Cumberbatch playing the key role and playing it VERY well.

Lastly, from way back I watched the movie, "Manhunter" which was based on the "Red Dragon" book and first introduced Hannibal Lecter into the movie mainstream.

• Like 2

Kyle: The Gunman Who Divided America

In a summer of nationwide protests after the killing of George Floyd in 2020, peaceful protest gave way to chaos in Kenosha, Wisconsin following the shooting of a black man by police.

At the Black Lives Matter protests that followed, demonstrators and armed militia face off against each other in darkened streets. 17-year-old Kyle Rittenhouse arrives to protect business and provide first aid armed with an AR-15 semi-automatic rifle. That night he shoots three people, killing two.

The Turkish Detective

Follow Inspector Cetin Ikmen, his partner Mehmet Suleyman, and Detective Ayse Farsakoglu as they solve crimes in the modern world of Turkey.

• Like 1

Manayek is an Israeli police drama and deals with power and corruption from within.  Series 1 and 2 are excellent.

Series 3 has been released,  but so far unavailable on numerous movie/ series apps.

9 minutes ago, rocketboy2 said:

Watched,  3 Body Problem, season 1,  last month.  Sci-Fi series.

Not bad,   be great if there's a season two,  soon.

Better watch the original Chinese version. 30 eps.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Henk Langeweg said:

Better watch the original Chinese version. 30 eps.

Don't think I can be bothered with subtitles or bubbed tv shows now days ( I assume that's the case ) ?

but thanks anyway.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, rocketboy2 said:

Don't think I can be bothered with subtitles or bubbed tv shows now days ( I assume that's the case ) ?

but thanks anyway.

I don't know, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190332/ is one of my all time favourite movies and I think the Chinese dialog / English subtitles somehow made it more authentic. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mike Teavee said:

I don't know, Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0190332/ is one of my all time favourite movies and I think the Chinese dialog / English subtitles somehow made it more authentic. 

Well maybe, but this is 2024 and I can't be ass-ed with it.

30-40 years ago I used to watch French movies with subtitles. and enjoyed it.

Now days, there is so much choice, I just don't see the point it.

But each to there own.

1 hour ago, rocketboy2 said:

Watched,  3 Body Problem, season 1,  last month.  Sci-Fi series.

Not bad,   be great if there's a season two,  soon.

Just finished last night.  Slow start, but yea, hope S2 is out soon.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1