What are you cooking today?

On 9/10/2024 at 12:25 PM, marin said:

Spent some time making a good pork chili, and some  chicken enchiladas' and salsa to go with everything.

Got your fixings for a big chili, some pico de gallo, shredded chicken breasts and thighs cooking off, making up the enchiladas and then plating the meal up. 

chili fixings.jpg

salsa.jpg

mex chicken.jpg

rolling enchiladas.jpg

enchiladas.jpg

cooked enchiladas.jpg

chili.jpg

enchilada dinner.jpg

Looks fabulous Marin........I also make a mean chilli con carne and start it in the frying pan before transferring it to my Slow Cooker for about 3 hours. Some eaten there and then and some frozen for others days!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, xylophone said:

Looks fabulous Marin........I also make a mean chilli con carne and start it in the frying pan before transferring it to my Slow Cooker for about 3 hours. Some eaten there and then and some frozen for others days!

Do exactly the same, but I put it in a Dutch oven in my oven 3 hours or so at 140C covered for most of the time. I open it and add a bit of masa to thicken it up in the end. Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy your posts on Phuket immensely. First time on Patong for me was 1978. Something else back then, only road with pavement was along the beach. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marin said:

Do exactly the same, but I put it in a Dutch oven in my oven 3 hours or so at 140C covered for most of the time. I open it and add a bit of masa to thicken it up in the end. Thanks for the compliment. I enjoy your posts on Phuket immensely. First time on Patong for me was 1978. Something else back then, only road with pavement was along the beach. 

We'll have to be careful otherwise it will become a "mutual admiration society"! 

I have experimented a bit, over time, with the recipe and I now add a little extra beef stock as well as a couple of teaspoons of cocoa powder to the mix, also occasionally adding a little coriander and/or cumin.

I can imagine the lure of Patong in 1978, compared to what it is now, because even though I only came here originally in 2004, it was a place full of fun and excitement in those days, whereas now it has become, for me anyway, a place which has lost its allure and character – – but I'm still here!

1 hour ago, Yellowtail said:

Dude needs to start a drone thread...

Drone.jpg.f4d8be319b00a5a759617c7c664aeef3.jpg

Probably bore most people.  Like building them a bit more than operating them.  Nice hobby destroyed by over regulation.

My first DIY build, back in 2012 maybe ... 

image.png.6cb93b53fe392adbc5c60906746553b6.png

image.png.9b4cd97d1874fec6b52376996f1576e6.png

Edited by KhunLA

20 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Probably bore most people.  Like building them a bit more than operating them.  Nice hobby destroyed by over regulation.

My first DIY build, back in 2012 maybe ... 

image.png.6cb93b53fe392adbc5c60906746553b6.png

image.png.9b4cd97d1874fec6b52376996f1576e6.png

Start a thread, i want to try getting into it.