Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

11 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Here's how its used in real life from Anne Frank org they know more than most.

Nowadays, the word Zionist is often used as a swearword. As a negative label. Many Palestinians and supporters of the Palestinian cause no longer distinguish between the words 'Jew', 'Israeli' and 'Zionist'. That is not correct. Most Jews do not live in Israel. Not every inhabitant of Israel is Jewish; there are also many non-Jews living in Israel. And not all Jewish Israelis are 'settlers' who want to conquer more and more Palestinian land. The vast majority of Jews believe that the State of Israel should continue to exist. But many Jews, both living in Israel and elsewhere, are in favour of a Palestinian state alongside Israel as a possible solution to the conflict. To cut a long story short: although many Jews identify with Zionism, there are still many different points of view. That is reason enough not to mix up the words 'Jew', 'Israelis' and 'Zionists'. 

https://www.annefrank.org/en/topics/antisemitism/are-all-jews-zionists/

I agree with all of the above. I do use the term "Zionist" as a negative label. That is why I use the term "Zionists" when referring to the militant faction of Israelis, and know that it does not include all Israelis - just as the term "Hamas" does not include all Palestinians. I have just posted more about this only minutes ago in a reply to @Morch

• Sad 1

Off topic ramble also a video from an unapproved source has been removed

All video content must be from a credible media source, and in English. Foreign languages, even with subtitles, are not permitted.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Oh, I see now. The information in my links are rubbish, but the information in your links are true.

My bad... :sorry:

Correct - writing a story about Palestine that starts in 1918 is total BS writen by the sort of academics that have recently been exposed in the USA - and forced to resign.

Thank you for apologising after realising that.

• Agree 1

16 hours ago, Neeranam said:

I suspect he was replying to me, God knows why, he knows he's on ignore. 

It was a stupid, racial thing for him to say anyway, implying that all Muslims are terrorists is one of the reasons I want nothing to do with him. 

By saying 'well said' means you are an Islamophobe too. 

So anyone disagreeing with your delusions and pointing out the truth is an Islamophobe - that shows what sort of mind you have - delusional and seriously in need of help. What I write below is in response to your posts - but it is aimed at anyone willing to read/listen - you will probably have blocked me and I will be doing the same shortly.

Since they murdered Jews at the Olympics the Muslin terrorists calling thermselves 'Palestinians' (no such country or caste of Muslims ever existed) have embarked on ever increasing terrorism as a means to achive their goals - which is the death/removal of all Jews from Israel. Only delusional ignorant and stupid people see these murderous cowards in the same light as the French Resistance - they are Terrorists - and as those two videos I posted yesterday from brave Muslims who knows them personally and bravely spoke up is just one of many many facts and proof. 

No Israel is not completely innocent in this 'dispute' - but Israel is more in the right than Hamas, and anyone saying that Hams and the people of Gaza are all innocents 'fighting' for their homeland is as ridiculous and ignorant as the woke liberal idiots protesting on the campuses of USA and elsewhere around the world. 

• Sad 2

18 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

So anyone disagreeing with your delusions and pointing out the truth is an Islamophobe - that shows what sort of mind you have - delusional and seriously in need of help. What I write below is in response to your posts - but it is aimed at anyone willing to read/listen - you will probably have blocked me and I will be doing the same shortly.

Since they murdered Jews at the Olympics the Muslin terrorists calling thermselves 'Palestinians' (no such country or caste of Muslims ever existed) have embarked on ever increasing terrorism as a means to achive their goals - which is the death/removal of all Jews from Israel. Only delusional ignorant and stupid people see these murderous cowards in the same light as the French Resistance - they are Terrorists - and as those two videos I posted yesterday from brave Muslims who knows them personally and bravely spoke up is just one of many many facts and proof. 

No Israel is not completely innocent in this 'dispute' - but Israel is more in the right than Hamas, and anyone saying that Hams and the people of Gaza are all innocents 'fighting' for their homeland is as ridiculous and ignorant as the woke liberal idiots protesting on the campuses of USA and elsewhere around the world. 

Anyone who claims that what they are saying is the truth is usually wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WDSmart said:

You are stating lies and distortions as fact and using what a poster says to embolde your own argument. As I have proven many times, the history of the region and the Jewish claim to those lands is undisputed.  Recent ownership has been with the Muslims - ever since they murdered and drove them out en masse when Islam became their religion and Jews became their sworn enemies.  Not all Muslims agree with that - the vast majority in thge World do not - only the fanatics on the extreme (Hamas, Hezbolla, etc.).  Many do not know this but the greates killer of Muslims is other Muslims - they have more 'sects' than the Chritians - but they are still very violent in resolving their conflicts (like Christians were).  Those are things that are not in dispute if you have any idea of history.

However, what is disputed is the BS about Palestine ever being a State or Sect (of Muslims). They are nothing but fanatical murderous terrorists using that BS to get their one and only goal - the death/removsal of all Jews from Israel.

In regards to your only valid points - suck it up princess - that is history. After WW2 the State of Israel was created, and accepted by the UN, and the lands in a designated area were given over to them. Done. Over. Suck it up and move on.

Every attempt by Muslim States to 're-take' that land was defeated - and yet Israel gave back lands after winning those wars and disputes. Plus they even forcibly removed their own people from Gaza and West Bank to try and achieve peace with PLO.  That was a mistake - the fanatical terrorists used that concession and all the world's donations, not to build a society for the people there, but to embark on a campain of terrorism. Hamas and Hexbolla will never accept the existence of Israel - they will never cease until Israel is destroyed - that is their one and only goal.

IMO the only solution, as proven by history, is the complete annihilation and destruction of either Gaza and Hamas and all its supporters, or of Israel and all Jews. There was never going to be peace between the West and Nazis - it was one or the other.  But just remember and ask yourself - what happenned to all the Nazi supporters - were all Germans killed - No.  Whoever loses - their supporters will just fade away into history. 

All the attempts at peace settlements and negotiations over many decades have failed - I say let them at it and lets see whose 'God' wins.   If Israel backs down now, Hamas will regrow and again commence terrorist attacks. Let them at it - until one side is gone and becomes history. 

You might think that is extreme - but let me tell you a fact. Every single Hamas member and supporter wants to die as a Matyr fighting for their cause aghainst Israel.  OK I say - Israel is going to let them have that and I agree 100%. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

So anyone disagreeing with your delusions and pointing out the truth is an Islamophobe - that shows what sort of mind you have - delusional and seriously in need of help. What I write below is in response to your posts - but it is aimed at anyone willing to read/listen - you will probably have blocked me

People like you make peace impossible. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
  • Love It 1

3 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Thanks

I never wrote that Palestinians are all good and Israelis are all bad. And I never wrote or thought that Israel has no right to defend themselves.

But I also see that, IMHO, the current Israeli government makes the situation a lot worse than necessary. They could fight Hamas more carefully and they could have more support and understanding for their action from the rest of the world.

Obviously, there will also be haters on both sides who only see one party as good and one party as bad. Especially in this conflict it isn't that easy. 

Yeah, but then you make comments like bellow....

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, there are no clean wars. But there is a great of how dirty they are. And that obviously depends on how much value people put on the lives of the others. And if they are just killing dogs, that is obviously not a big concern... 

Which are neither factual, nor balanced, and employ a vile over the top rhetoric. So back to the usual......one-sided commentary, with the most of the serious criticism, never mind the language saved for Israel.

Guess it was expected. People don't change much.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

My claims about Palestinians not supporting Hamas were proved by that poll, which was in response to another member. The poll was relevant to the other discussion. See below.

You then jumped in to talk about that not having relevance, but you failed to note the context. The post he replied to said 3/4 of Palestinians wanted to wipe out Israel, and only 5% supported a two state solution. The polls shown were evidence that the OP was making a false statement. I believe the OP he was responding to was BKK brian. So clearly, Hamas and the Palestinians were referenced. Neither of you have provided any evidence to the contrary.

Screenshot(27).png.2da4a348ff03189145ea4b82f731020c.png

Screenshot (28).png

Screenshot (29).png

@Brickleberry

Poll results are dealing with positions at a specific point in time. They are not about trends, they do not capture change unless they are routinely conducted. Basically, you pick a picture that fits what you want to say, and claim it's always like that. It most obviously not.

You simply ignore the fact that public opinion shifts, everywhere, and seem to insist that Gazan view are fixed. That's neither reasonable, and is not true. It depends on when the poll was taken, what were the circumstances,  how questions were presented and other things. Taking polls as a clear representation of reality and political positions, or ignoring their transient nature - these indicate misconceptions about what polls are and how they work.

• Sad 2

22 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

You are stating lies and distortions as fact and using what a poster says to embolde your own argument. As I have proven many times, the history of the region and the Jewish claim to those lands is undisputed.  Recent ownership has been with the Muslims - ever since they murdered and drove them out en masse when Islam became their religion and Jews became their sworn enemies.  Not all Muslims agree with that - the vast majority in thge World do not - only the fanatics on the extreme (Hamas, Hezbolla, etc.).  Many do not know this but the greates killer of Muslims is other Muslims - they have more 'sects' than the Chritians - but they are still very violent in resolving their conflicts (like Christians were).  Those are things that are not in dispute if you have any idea of history.

However, what is disputed is the BS about Palestine ever being a State or Sect (of Muslims). They are nothing but fanatical murderous terrorists using that BS to get their one and only goal - the death/removsal of all Jews from Israel.

In regards to your only valid points - suck it up princess - that is history. After WW2 the State of Israel was created, and accepted by the UN, and the lands in a designated area were given over to them. Done. Over. Suck it up and move on.

Every attempt by Muslim States to 're-take' that land was defeated - and yet Israel gave back lands after winning those wars and disputes. Plus they even forcibly removed their own people from Gaza and West Bank to try and achieve peace with PLO.  That was a mistake - the fanatical terrorists used that concession and all the world's donations, not to build a society for the people there, but to embark on a campain of terrorism. Hamas and Hexbolla will never accept the existence of Israel - they will never cease until Israel is destroyed - that is their one and only goal.

IMO the only solution, as proven by history, is the complete annihilation and destruction of either Gaza and Hamas and all its supporters, or of Israel and all Jews. There was never going to be peace between the West and Nazis - it was one or the other.  But just remember and ask yourself - what happenned to all the Nazi supporters - were all Germans killed - No.  Whoever loses - their supporters will just fade away into history. 

All the attempts at peace settlements and negotiations over many decades have failed - I say let them at it and lets see whose 'God' wins.   If Israel backs down now, Hamas will regrow and again commence terrorist attacks. Let them at it - until one side is gone and becomes history. 

You might think that is extreme - but let me tell you a fact. Every single Hamas member and supporter wants to die as a Matyr fighting for their cause aghainst Israel.  OK I say - Israel is going to let them have that and I agree 100%. 

Jews were not the original inhabitants of the land now called "Israel." The ancestors of the Arabs, who are now called "Palestinians," were.

"Palestine" was never a "state" as we define it today, but "Palestine" has been a recognized area for centuries.

And, yes, the state of Israel was recognized by the UN right after WW2, even though, at that time, the Jewish population there was much less than the Arab/Muslim (who consider themselves "Palestinians") population.

And, yes, ever since then, the Palestinians have been trying to reclaim that land, and the Israelis, with help from the West, have been trying to prevent them from doing that. Now, the Palestinians are confined to two small, separate regions.

I wish the solution to this would be what I believe the UK and the UN intended when they "gave" this land to the Jews as their "homeland," and that would be one state where BOTH Jews and Arab Muslims would live together in peace. But, I'm afraid I agree with you that the most likely solution will be achieved when there is only one side left. And, right now, it's apparent that will be the Jews/Israelis. This will be the case unless the other Arab states get involved and the West ceases its financial support of Israel - which, again, I think will not happen.

So, I agree with you that what will continue to occur will be a religious war, which is best defined by the quote by Richard Jeni, which ends my book, JIhadi: Path to Heaven:

Religious war at its simplest is killing each other over who has the best imaginary friend.
- Richard Jeni

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, WDSmart said:

Here is the definition of "Zionist" in the Oxford Language online dictionary:

1. a movement for (originally) the re-establishment and (now) the development and protection of a Jewish nation in what is now Israel. It was established as a political organization in 1897 under Theodor Herzl, and was later led by Chaim Weizmann.

That sure doesn't sound "left-wing, pro-peace" and "against the government" to me. It could be "secular," but I suspect it is not. I suspect it is directly associated with militant Judaism. And, yes, they do serve in the IDF and fight in the Gaza Strip. In fact, I suspect the IDF activities labeled by the ICJ as "genocide" are mainly led by Zionists.

I never said that Hamas members are non-Palestinian. I said they were a faction within the group I term as "Palestinians." Although, since you now mention it, there may be some non-Palestinians I that group, but very few. Just as there may be some non-Israelis that are Zionists. An example of those would be mercenaries or citizens of other countries that have come to assist Hamas or the Zionists. I haven't heard of any, but there may be.

That would be more of your standard issue nonsense. There is nothing even in this dictionary definition that contradicts what I posted.

The fact is that there are political parties and many Israelis identifying as Zionist, while also holding Left-Center political views, and are pro-peace. The anti-government protests were mostly attended and carried out by such people. That you choose to announce otherwise in the face of reality means less than nothing. You obviously have no idea what you're talking about. You display an astounding level of wilful ignorance on these matters. In your imaginary nonsense world - who were those protestors then? Who signed the Oslo Accords with the Palestinians? There are obviously no anti-Zionists serving in the IDF. Why would they? That would run against their creed. So your comment about the the IDF in Gaza is yet more meaningless drivel.

Can you actually point to some non-Palestinian members of Hamas? Or is that just something you imagine, made up etc? What 'mercenaries' would these be? Citizens of other countries assisting Hamas are not necessarily members of Hamas, certainly not of the military wing.

So you don't know of any, but go on and on about them. Same way like you don't actually know much about Israel, Israelis, politics therein, but comment about them with 'confidence'.

There were a lot more Palestinians than Jews living there. 

The link below gives the entire picture of what the population of Palestine looked like before this vote, and how it changed over time up to the time of the vote. In 1944 the percentage of the population in Palestine was Muslim 61%, Jews 30%, with about 10% Other. 

Demographics of Historic Palestine prior to 1948 - CJPME - English

Again, you have posted information that is not correct.

Yes...And?

Morch, the reason I primarily use the term "Zionist" when referring to the militant faction in Israel instead of just "Israelis" is the same reason I (and most everyone else) use the term "Hamas" when referring to the militant faction in Palestine instead of just "Palestinians." I don't believe all Palestinians support Hamas any more than I believe all Israelis support the Zionists. 

And, yes, I do have a lot of objections to the existence of Zionists, but not Israelis. 

What 'militant faction'? You can't even explain what you're on about, what this includes, what it signifies other than the bogus label. What, in your confused mind, sets this imaginary 'militant faction' from 'Israelis'? How strong is each? What are the relationship between them? Can't wait for your next bunch of nonsense on that.

There wasn't anything said about all Palestinians supporting Hamas. There was much discussion about how much support Hamas generates among Palestinians. Not the same thing. As for Israel, Zionism not being what you insist it is, most of the Israelis would probably describe themselves as Zionists, but that would not necessarily have much to do with your idiosyncratic notion about what this implies. There is no equivalence as you suggest - Hamas ideology is a rather narrow thing, Zionism is a wide ranging framework.

You most certainly have objections to the existence of Israelis, given that a whole lot of them are Zionist, regardless of their political leanings.

You have no idea what you're posting about. 

I agree with all of the above. I do use the term "Zionist" as a negative label. That is why I use the term "Zionists" when referring to the militant faction of Israelis, and know that it does not include all Israelis - just as the term "Hamas" does not include all Palestinians. I have just posted more about this only minutes ago in a reply to @Morch

What 'militant faction'? Who are it's heads? Does it exist apart from Israel? Alongside the government? Parallel to the IDF?

Who leads the 'Israelis', in your nonsense version of reality?

10 minutes ago, Morch said:

There were a lot more Palestinians than Jews living there. 

Expand  

Yes...And?

And, yet the UN gave the territory to the Jews as their homeland without permission of the other people living there.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

actually, as an occupier, Israel doesn't have a right to defend itself, just another stupid repeated talking point.

those under occupation , are allowed to attempt to free themselves from their concentration camp, which is what Gaza is.

Sure, Israel should have just rolled over and let Hamas go on with the rampage.

You'd like that, no doubt.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

And, yet the UN gave the territory to the Jews as their homeland without permission of the other people living there.

The UN. As in the World. The vote was quite decisive.

It did not leave the Palestinian homeless, it gave them the option to have their own state for the first time ever.

They declined, going for the whole thing instead, failed and lost.

Cry me a river.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

27 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

actually, as an occupier, Israel doesn't have a right to defend itself, just another stupid repeated talking point.

those under occupation , are allowed to attempt to free themselves from their concentration camp, which is what Gaza is.

Gaza isn't a concentration camp and Israel isn't occupying Israel .

Falsely labelling things doesn't help the situation at all 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Wow, a post full of insults, racism and factually incorrect information.

1) Recent ownership has been Muslims? 1,400 years is recent ownership? Prior to that it was a few hundred years of Roman ownership, and they were the ones to force the Jews out, not Muslims.

2) Muslims, Christians and Jews share the same approach to resolving conflicts; An Eye for an Eye comes from Abrahamic religions. The new testament changes this for Christians.

3) Correct. Israel is legally entitled to the land according to the UN resolution in 1948. That being said, the Palestinians - the indigenous owners of the land disagreed. You can't make an agreement when only one side agrees. Israelis would have been livid had Palestinians accepted the 1937 plan, but luckily for them, they both declined.

4) Not true. Israel started the 1967 Six Day War, and conquered more land. This is illegal under international law. It has been illegal to take over parts of land through force since 1945. This is why Crimea has not been recognized as belonging to Russia, even though it was annexed decades ago. This is why Israeli settlements in the West Bank are illegal and Gaza, prior to 2005, were illegal. Palestinians have already shown a willingness to cede the land they lost in 1967 to finally have a chance at a two state solution, even though what Israel is doing is illegal. Israel however, keeps wanting more and more. It will not be satisfied until it has everything from the river to the sea.

5) The rest of your post is incitement to hatred, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Collective punishment for Hamas' actions is considered illegal, immoral and completely unjustifiable. You brazenly call for the annihilation of all residents in the West Bank and Gaza? Shame on you. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Israel will be voted on by the General Assembly. What are the chances Israel will comply?  I say its a "rogue state" check the votes, on the ICJ, including an Israeli Judge, Uganda supported the genocide, but their government, stated it was not Uganda policy.

GA Israel has Nauru and Micronesia (who are mandated to voted with the US) .

you pro-genocide people are chronicly misinformed, or old or both

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Wow, a post full of insults, racism and factually incorrect information.

1) Recent ownership has been Muslims? 1,400 years is recent ownership? Prior to that it was a few hundred years of Roman ownership, and they were the ones to force the Jews out, not Muslims.

2) Muslims, Christians and Jews share the same approach to resolving conflicts; An Eye for an Eye comes from Abrahamic religions. The new testament changes this for Christians.

3) Correct. Israel is legally entitled to the land according to the UN resolution in 1948. That being said, the Palestinians - the indigenous owners of the land disagreed. You can't make an agreement when only one side agrees. Israelis would have been livid had Palestinians accepted the 1937 plan, but luckily for them, they both declined.

4) Not true. Israel started the 1967 Six Day War, and conquered more land. This is illegal under international law. It has been illegal to take over parts of land through force since 1945. This is why Crimea has not been recognized as belonging to Russia, even though it was annexed decades ago. This is why Israeli settlements in the West Bank are illegal and Gaza, prior to 2005, were illegal. Palestinians have already shown a willingness to cede the land they lost in 1967 to finally have a chance at a two state solution, even though what Israel is doing is illegal. Israel however, keeps wanting more and more. It will not be satisfied until it has everything from the river to the sea.

5) The rest of your post is incitement to hatred, and you should be ashamed of yourself. Collective punishment for Hamas' actions is considered illegal, immoral and completely unjustifiable. You brazenly call for the annihilation of all residents in the West Bank and Gaza? Shame on you. 

The Palestinians were not the 'owners of the land'. You're making things up. Many of them weren't even 'indigenous', but work immigrants. You can also make up stuff about 'Israel would have been livid', without support - it's how you roll. If the Palestinians would have agreed, there might have been no war back then, a war which cost the Palestinians (Nakba) and the Israelis (a little over 1% of the latter died in the war - worse than what the Palestinians are experiencing now).

There were circumstances leading to the 1967 war which you gloss over. Not quite the story you tell. Post-war, the Palestinians/Arab side further embraced a rejectionist position, leading to an impasse. The illegal settlement effort is another matter, and Israel is clearly in the wrong on that. Your comment on Palestinian willingness to compromise is the usual misleading fare. They have agreed to some things, rejected many others. It's a wee bit more complex than you 'suggest'. As for Israel's positions, that 'will not be satisfied' bit - again, misleading, inaccurate, out of context - the usual.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, mooping20Baht said:

Israel will be voted on by the General Assembly. What are the chances Israel will comply?  I say its a "rogue state" check the votes, on the ICJ, including an Israeli Judge, Uganda supported the genocide, but their government, stated it was not Uganda policy.

As usual, no sources, no links - just the usual bile.

What 'pro-genocide' people would these be? What 'genocide' are you on about?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Polls, video evidence of them chanting Hamas out and thousands protesting in the streets to get Hamas out in July. I have nothing? Again, you have this backwards. I have backed up all of my claims with proof. Still waiting for anything from you.

Still waiting for that link to the video with thousands chanting Hamas out in July.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mooping20Baht said:

No you are just an ill informed pro Hamas supporter

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Morch said:

As usual, no sources, no links - just the usual bile.

What 'pro-genocide' people would these be? What 'genocide' are you on about?

Yes, and I liked the bite of @mooping20Baht's post.

IMO, his reference to "pro-genocide" people are you and all those expressing their support for the Zionist's continuing annihilation of all the Palestinians in Gaza. That is the "genocide" I believe he was "on about."

Edited by stats
misinfo claim removed
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Yes, and I liked the bite of @mooping20Baht's post.

IMO, his reference to "pro-genocide" people are you and all those expressing their support for the Zionist's continuing annihilation of all the Palestinians in Gaza. That is the "genocide" I believe he was "on about."

There is no 'annihilation of all the Palestinians in Gaza', and obviously I did not support anything of the sort.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

Your Israels/Zionists BS is nothing to do with anything.

Israel was not charged with committing 'genocide'.

You're making things up or failing to understand what you read.

If it is a genocide, it's one of the most lazy, lame one ever.

• Like 1