Taylor Swift Caught in Crosshairs of Bizarre MAGA Conspiracy Theory

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Elkski said:

8 pages. Im sure i cant add much  

I think as a person sling albums and concert tickets you wouldn't want to alienate any political party.   So i think Taylor will just stick with recruiting people to register to vote.   And that pisses off the GOP because they know her bade  is young and female voters and they will predominantly vote blue.  Women are fking going to decimate the GOP after roe vs Wade. 

That ship has sailed. Taylor Swift has no interest in being apolitical. Not much of her money comes from concert tickets anymore.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

They're not conservatives. They're maga cultists. Most of the republican party is now maga but old style conservatives still exist, some republicans, some indendents, and even some democrats.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Back on topic.

So you would think that the right would embrace that.

And for a while, when Taylor was more quiet about her politics, they had this notion that she was secretly one of them.

You saw this in around 2017, 2018 when literal Nazis like Andrew Anglin or folks from the GamerGate community like Milo Yiannopoulos, were posting these memes that were suggesting that Taylor was secretly a white supremacist.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/02/01/the-twisted-logic-of-the-taylor-swift-backlash-it-seems-like-political-suicide-00138924

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

The Magas are shooting themselves in the foot with this insanity.

Swift will continue to encourage her Swifties to register to vote and when the time comes she will actively endorse Biden over the adjudicated rapist maga fascist buffoon. 

That was going to happen anyway but now they've magnified the impact.

What new support do they get by dissing Swift and the Swifties? Zero. They just massage their bizarro cult. That will not lead to a happy ending for them. 

I was thinking the same as I realized this could be an October surprise, setup by the Right wing.

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 4:48 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

Indeed they are, and I apply them to anything that comes out of social media- actually that's not true, as I disregard anything that comes out of social media.

Thats a Bingo

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The Magas are shooting themselves in the foot with this insanity.

Swift will continue to encourage her Swifties to register to vote and when the time comes she will actively endorse Biden over the adjudicated rapist maga fascist buffoon. 

That was going to happen anyway but now they've magnified the impact.

What new support do they get by dissing Swift and the Swifties? Zero. They just massage their bizarro cult. That will not lead to a happy ending for them. 

Saw Biden on the news today. Geez he's looking old. There's got to be a different way. 

Edited by Fat is a type of crazy
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:14 AM, Danderman123 said:
On 1/31/2024 at 9:13 AM, Pouatchee said:

sports, politics and entertainment should not mix. keep them separate entities

Wasn't Trump on TV for many years?

So what?   He didn't mix his Presidential career with his television career.

• Confused 5
  • Haha 2

On 1/31/2024 at 11:31 PM, Dave0206 said:

She has spread her successful tour income with so many people in a way that is unheard of so for me she is allowed a pedestal to say what her views are on any subject she likes. 

Also as a young woman surely she is entitled to fight for her rights that's democracy or is this only allowed if kid rock or Joe rogan speaks 🤔 

She’s a  Woke rock star  , like Cher, Maddona and Midler.

They use their popularity as celebrity’s

to try to influence their fanatics !

She’s too ditzy for my style! Peace , love and love one another is a fantasy of the Globalist! Imop

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_and_politics

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.1177/00027642211042295

• Confused 7
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Good that we have reality TV stars to listen to then.

I think you'll find that he was the President of the United States more recently than when he finished reality TV (which was the best part of a decade ago).

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3